Airliners-India Forum Index Airliners-India
Flickr Group & Facebook
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Air Canada W17 India service changes

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airliners-India Forum Index -> Civil Aviation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
747-237
Member


Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 9132
Location: Gordon Gekko's Boardroom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Air Canada W17 India service changes Reply with quote

Air Canada W17 Vancouver – Delhi service changes

Air Canada in winter 2017/18 season plans to expand service on Vancouver – Delhi route, including planned operational schedule changes.
The seasonal service is set to resume on 14OCT17 with 3 weekly flights, however service will increase to 4 weekly (Day x136 from YVR, Day x247 from DEL) with schedule shifting to daytime departure and arrivals from 31OCT17.
Between 04DEC17 and 31JAN18, the airline will further expand to 5 weekly service.

This route is operated by Boeing 787-9. Schedule listed below is effective from 04DEC17 to 31JAN18.

AC044 YVR1130 – 1510+1DEL 789 x36
AC045 DEL1720 – 1815YVR 789 x47


Source : Airlineroute.net
_________________


Last edited by 747-237 on Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Caliguy
Member


Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Posts: 564
Location: Los Angeles

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this schedule is actually better. This is not a true business route (and the business travelers there would probably take the nonstop anyway). By arriving in the afternoon into DEL it allows easy onward connections for (1) the Punjabis who have relatives picking them up and driving them into Punjab will love the new time (2) Normal Canadian tourists that are touring India during peak season and not starting in DEL (3) those VFR going to other parts of India (which do exist even in YVR). Good for AC. I think they have the perfect Indian network right now. Hopefully traffic will be good and they add X3 YYR-DEL in the summer. With this network, my guess is Canadian regulators will not expand ME3's flights to Canada.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ameya
Member


Joined: 09 May 2007
Posts: 3589
Location: Pune,Maharashtra

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And also takes care of the Delhi fog
_________________
www.networkthoughts.in
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
747-237
Member


Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 9132
Location: Gordon Gekko's Boardroom

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Air Canada W17 Mumbai aircraft changes

Air Canada in this week’s schedule update adjusted planned operational aircraft on Toronto – Mumbai route, from 29OCT17 to 26FEB18 (YYZ departure).

Existing 4 weekly 787-9 service will be replaced by 777-200LR during this period. Planned schedule as follow.

AC046 YYZ2035 – 2145+1BOM 77L x246
AC047 BOM2345 – 0520+1YYZ 77L x357



Source : Airlineroute.net
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Caliguy
Member


Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Posts: 564
Location: Los Angeles

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

747-237 wrote:
Air Canada W17 Mumbai aircraft changes

Air Canada in this week’s schedule update adjusted planned operational aircraft on Toronto – Mumbai route, from 29OCT17 to 26FEB18 (YYZ departure).

Existing 4 weekly 787-9 service will be replaced by 777-200LR during this period. Planned schedule as follow.

AC046 YYZ2035 – 2145+1BOM 77L x246
AC047 BOM2345 – 0520+1YYZ 77L x357



Source : Airlineroute.net


With YVR-DEL increased and YYZ-BOM up gauged for peak season, it looks like AC is doing quite well on their Canada-India service. Good for them. I wish they would have added another flight to BOM rather than up gauged but I guess that is a cheaper way of adding capacity.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sumantra
Member


Joined: 28 Oct 2007
Posts: 4485
Location: New Delhi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caliguy wrote:
With YVR-DEL increased and YYZ-BOM up gauged for peak season, it looks like AC is doing quite well on their Canada-India service. Good for them. I wish they would have added another flight to BOM rather than up gauged but I guess that is a cheaper way of adding capacity.
Upgauged? No...the capacities on their B789 and B77Ls are quite comparable. IIRC, the latter is more premium-heavy. A possible indication of them not doing too badly in BOM. DEL: they are getting good loads, at least.
Cheers, Sumantra.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Aseem
Member


Joined: 15 Dec 2006
Posts: 2719
Location: YYZ

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, a lot of *Alliance people wanting to travel to NA, and not wanting to use AI. With CO/UA flying only to DEL. Also, AC has better connections within NA than LH's connections from FRA/MUC.

VT-ASJ
_________________
[url=http://openflights.org/user/aseemsjohri]
[/url]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
justbala
Member


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 1767
Location: Bangalore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aseem wrote:
yes, a lot of *Alliance people wanting to travel to NA, and not wanting to use AI. With CO/UA flying only to DEL. Also, AC has better connections within NA than LH's connections from FRA/MUC.

VT-ASJ


Doesnt UA fly BOM-EWR also?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Caliguy
Member


Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Posts: 564
Location: Los Angeles

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sumantra wrote:
Caliguy wrote:
With YVR-DEL increased and YYZ-BOM up gauged for peak season, it looks like AC is doing quite well on their Canada-India service. Good for them. I wish they would have added another flight to BOM rather than up gauged but I guess that is a cheaper way of adding capacity.
Upgauged? No...the capacities on their B789 and B77Ls are quite comparable. IIRC, the latter is more premium-heavy. A possible indication of them not doing too badly in BOM. DEL: they are getting good loads, at least.
Cheers, Sumantra.


Yeah to me the 77L with 10 more business seats and a few more Y+ and a slightly more overall seat count is an upgauge. Especially since India-Canada is viewed as lower yielding than USA-India. So seems like AC is doing well. I think it also shows that BOM still has a good size premium supply relative to other indian cities.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaysit
Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 4246

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aseem wrote:
yes, a lot of *Alliance people wanting to travel to NA, and not wanting to use AI. With CO/UA flying only to DEL. Also, AC has better connections within NA than LH's connections from FRA/MUC.

VT-ASJ


It's no longer CO/UA, just UA. And UA also flies a daily 772 to BOM.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airliners-India Forum Index -> Civil Aviation All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com