Airliners-India Forum Index Airliners-India
Flickr Group & Facebook
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Indian and Pakistani Share Peace Nobel

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airliners-India Forum Index -> Non Aviation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
The_Goat
Member


Joined: 03 Mar 2007
Posts: 2928
Location: South of France

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Indian and Pakistani Share Peace Nobel Reply with quote

http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/laureates/2014/press.html

Hearty Congratulations to Kailash Satyarthi and Malala Yousufzai.

The Nobel Committee has put it very well. Very cheeky comment!

The Nobel Committee regards it as an important point for a Hindu and a Muslim, an Indian and a Pakistani, to join in a common struggle for education and against extremism.

Kailash Satyarthi is the eighth Indian/Person of Indian Origin to be given the Nobel after Tagore, CV Raman, Hargobind Khorana, S. Chandrashekar, Mother Teresa, Amartya Sen and Venki Ramakrishnan.
_________________
I don't know which is the more pampered bunch : AI's widebodies (the aunties) or Jet's widebodies (the planes).
-Jasepl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iah87
Member


Joined: 17 Apr 2007
Posts: 2236

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to both. I never heard of Kailash before this award.

I heard BBC World service on the radio interviewing a prominent newspaper editor in Pakistan (he goes by Tarik ?), who condemned the award given to Malala. According to him, she is a tool for the west and was never shot, but it is all a drama and consipiracy to humiliate Pakistan by focusing on their lack of importance given to education for girls. He is accusing Malala of being a spy for US and UK. I hope this is not the mainstream opinion in Pakistan.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
star*gold
Member


Joined: 29 Jan 2009
Posts: 186

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its nice that he got the award for helping reduce child labour. But why do they keep calling him a Hindu? What has his religion to do with his work?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ssbmat
Member


Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Posts: 1710

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a question. If, god willing, Nirbhaya would have recovered and been alive, and assuming she got all the worthy attention from media and people at large, would she have been considered ? I think not.

Then why the special attention to Malala ? In my opinion, she is no different from hundreds of such girls who rebel against cultural norms and excesses heaped upon them. They struggle, fall victim, and sometimes fight out successfully. India is replete with such stories not only in recent times but in the past.
The difference is that Malala is a product of the Internet generation and so publicity has been accomplished through blogs and related mediaspace. So yeah, bringing her in the exalted company of other Nobel laureates is a little too much. Anyone heard of Baba Amte? Or Dr Kotnis?
These people really accomplished SO MUCH more than someone like Malala.
But thats life.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The_Goat
Member


Joined: 03 Mar 2007
Posts: 2928
Location: South of France

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ssbmat wrote:

Then why the special attention to Malala ? In my opinion, she is no different from hundreds of such girls who rebel against cultural norms and excesses heaped upon them. They struggle, fall victim, and sometimes fight out successfully. India is replete with such stories not only in recent times but in the past.


Agreed. While what Malala did is really praiseworthy and probably will inspire more girls like her to do likewise, a Nobel Peace Prize is probably too much, given that there have been hundreds like her who have gone unsung.

I don't think she can be compared at any level to a person who has got more than then 80,000 kids released from the clutches of bonded labour in the past 35 years. And she is sharing the award with him.
_________________
I don't know which is the more pampered bunch : AI's widebodies (the aunties) or Jet's widebodies (the planes).
-Jasepl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spiderguy252
Member


Joined: 10 Aug 2007
Posts: 4256
Location: Indian Ocean

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iah87 wrote:
I heard BBC World service on the radio interviewing a prominent newspaper editor in Pakistan (he goes by Tarik ?), who condemned the award given to Malala. According to him, she is a tool for the west and was never shot, but it is all a drama and consipiracy to humiliate Pakistan by focusing on their lack of importance given to education for girls. He is accusing Malala of being a spy for US and UK. I hope this is not the mainstream opinion in Pakistan.


Everything in Pakistan is a giant conspiracy by India, Israel and the Western world to exhibit the land of the pure in a bad light. It drives you up the wall on continuous listening.

I suggest not paying too much attention to such.
_________________
Yeah.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
jbalonso777
Member


Joined: 05 Jul 2012
Posts: 1409
Location: Never, never land

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While two people from India and Pakistan have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, there is no peace in J & K Sad
Although, the Peace prize this year is for 'their struggle against the suppression of children and young people and for the right of all children to education,' and not what's happening in the north.

This applies to every war today really, I quote a Megadeth song - 'Peace sells...but who's buying?'
_________________
http://www.youtube.com/c/JishnuBasu777
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
stealthpilot
Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 2281
Location: BLR, DXB

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ssbmat wrote:
.

Yea I agree. Here's an interesting article
(then again it says what we already believe so not useful in that sense....) but it is interesting

http://middleeastrevised.com/2014/10/11/why-i-cant-celebrate-malalas-nobel-peace-prize/
_________________
eP007
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
indopaki
Member


Joined: 23 Jul 2007
Posts: 453
Location: Pakistan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiderguy252 wrote:
iah87 wrote:
I heard BBC World service on the radio interviewing a prominent newspaper editor in Pakistan (he goes by Tarik ?), who condemned the award given to Malala. According to him, she is a tool for the west and was never shot, but it is all a drama and consipiracy to humiliate Pakistan by focusing on their lack of importance given to education for girls. He is accusing Malala of being a spy for US and UK. I hope this is not the mainstream opinion in Pakistan.


Everything in Pakistan is a giant conspiracy by India, Israel and the Western world to exhibit the land of the pure in a bad light. It drives you up the wall on continuous listening.

I suggest not paying too much attention to such.


Sorry to revive this old topic but even westerners think the same regarding Malala, that shes a tool and her shooting was fake.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
antarpuneet_
Member


Joined: 23 May 2017
Posts: 1
Location: jalandhar, india

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Conratulations Reply with quote

Yes fight again extremism and congratulation both of you and keep inspiring more people's
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airliners-India Forum Index -> Non Aviation All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com