Airliners-India Forum Index Airliners-India
Flickr Group & Facebook
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teaming up in the skies: AF/DL from BLR to ORD!

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airliners-India Forum Index -> Trip Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jbalonso777
Member


Joined: 05 Jul 2012
Posts: 1419
Location: Never, never land

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:18 pm    Post subject: Teaming up in the skies: AF/DL from BLR to ORD! Reply with quote

Let me start this off with apologies for the bad pun, a reference to SkyTeam clearly failed there Razz

After the drama at Mumbai and finally making it to BLR, it was time for the more serious flights.

Starting of with AF191 from BLR to CDG, a Boeing 777-200ER!

Find the link to the text report here: http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1346515

And the YouTube video, I do recommend watching this one, I fell it is one of my better videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCQsqoo7q48

More to come!

Regards
Jishnu
_________________
http://www.youtube.com/c/JishnuBasu777
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sumantra
Member


Joined: 28 Oct 2007
Posts: 4482
Location: New Delhi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Teaming up in the skies: AF/DL from BLR to ORD! Reply with quote

jbalonso777 wrote:
Let me start this off with apologies for the bad pun, a reference to SkyTeam clearly failed there Razz
After the drama at Mumbai and finally making it to BLR, it was time for the more serious flights.
Starting of with AF191 from BLR to CDG, a Boeing 777-200ER!

No, certainly not: (the) SkyTeam is certainly in place Smile
It has never ceased to amaze me as to how you have managed to catch rides on some relatively rare, or to-be-rare types, and written about your experiences. The scenes at the International Departures part at BLR are now familiar to me, since I had managed the domestic leg of the AI SFO flight from there. Yes, there is construction going on, but I did like the efficiency and the overall decor. Nice nocturnal pictures, again!
The IFE update speaks up for the airline, and the seriousness with which it takes the in-flight experience. and you got your favourite band's work, again Smile
The F&B part looks quite decent, though nothing over-whelming.
The masAlA chAi was interesting, though it must have come from a pre-mix, rather than a brew, hence I am curious to know how it tasted.
Till now,`instant tea' for me has been a bit of an oxymoron, since I have never really managed to see an unflavoured instant tea: I mean, I haven't really found the taste of tea in an instant variety: the bland tastelessness is usually overwhelmingly hidden under some other strong flavours.
Once again, some lovely over-wing shots of an airline infamous for dirty planes Wink
Lovely video report as well: you are consistently beating yourself at this art, report-by-report!
Thank you for sharing as nice experience with us.
Cheers, Sumantra.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PAL@YWG
Member


Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 406
Location: YWG, Canada

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jishnu/CollegeAviator,
The moment I see that you have a youtube version available, I get lazy to read the "brick and morter" version of your TR albeit in A.net

Having said that you do a very good job in both versions. AF's IFE content is really impressive also the chai. Like Sumantra, I would also prefer Masala chai brewed on demand Very Happy
_________________
Tally Sheet:
34 Countries ||40 Aircraft types ||54 Airlines ||67 Airports
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jbalonso777
Member


Joined: 05 Jul 2012
Posts: 1419
Location: Never, never land

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Teaming up in the skies: AF/DL from BLR to ORD! Reply with quote

sumantra wrote:
No, certainly not: (the) SkyTeam is certainly in place Smile

Thank you for your reply, Sumantra sir Smile
Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Been a crazy week!
Sir, where are your trip reports? I do not want to be the only one with avery big backlog, mine is reducing...

sumantra wrote:
It has never ceased to amaze me as to how you have managed to catch rides on some relatively rare, or to-be-rare types, and written about your experiences.

Thank you, sir. Its something that I always try and keep an eye on. Unique or rare types, for a cost that makes sense.

sumantra wrote:
The scenes at the International Departures part at BLR are now familiar to me, since I had managed the domestic leg of the AI SFO flight from there

I heard that the intl. part is much more spacious, compared to the domestic part. However, it is domestic that holds a large chunk of the traffic, and not so much in the intl. This makes me question if the intl expansion was even necessary...

sumantra wrote:
The IFE update speaks up for the airline, and the seriousness with which it takes the in-flight experience. and you got your favourite band's work, again Smile

The IFE was what made this flight an enjoyable and memorable one for me. I loved what I experienced on Air France, and I would not hesitate to fly with them again Smile

sumantra wrote:
The F&B part looks quite decent, though nothing over-whelming.
The masAlA chAi was interesting, though it must have come from a pre-mix, rather than a brew, hence I am curious to know how it tasted.

sumantra wrote:
Till now,`instant tea' for me has been a bit of an oxymoron, since I have never really managed to see an unflavoured instant tea: I mean, I haven't really found the taste of tea in an instant variety: the bland tastelessness is usually overwhelmingly hidden under some other strong flavours.

This is true. Food usually is the reason why I remember flights, but for this one it was the IFE. I do feel that the tea was a powdered pre mix, since it was already mixed with milk (a latte as they call it here). Take Vistara for example: legit tea from tea bags.

sumantra wrote:
Once again, some lovely over-wing shots of an airline infamous for dirty planes Wink

The wing was surprisingly clean! I have seen worse, on a similar aircraft based in Dubai... Wink

sumantra wrote:
Lovely video report as well: you are consistently beating yourself at this art, report-by-report!

Thank you, sir! Very Happy

sumantra wrote:
Thank you for sharing as nice experience with us.
Cheers, Sumantra.

And once again, I truly appreciate your comments! Smile

PAL@YWG wrote:
Jishnu/CollegeAviator,
The moment I see that you have a youtube version available, I get lazy to read the "brick and morter" version of your TR albeit in A.net

Having said that you do a very good job in both versions. AF's IFE content is really impressive also the chai. Like Sumantra, I would also prefer Masala chai brewed on demand Very Happy

Hey, thank you so much for your reply!

Both have their benefits and drawbacks, but I enjoy producing both Very Happy

Regards
Jish
_________________
http://www.youtube.com/c/JishnuBasu777
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
jbalonso777
Member


Joined: 05 Jul 2012
Posts: 1419
Location: Never, never land

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part 2, ladies and gentlemen...

Delta's B767-300ER from Paris to Chicago O'Hare

My first time on the aircraft type!

http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1347719

Video report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co5UMulE0Gs

Insane landing in the snowstorm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSm6u4JYuD8&t=1s
_________________
http://www.youtube.com/c/JishnuBasu777
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sumantra
Member


Joined: 28 Oct 2007
Posts: 4482
Location: New Delhi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbalonso777 wrote:
Part 2, ladies and gentlemen...
Delta's B767-300ER from Paris to Chicago O'Hare

Thank you for a lovely TR again...I have never been on a B767 of any type.
Hence, I read your report with an even greater amount of interest, in spite of having read umpteen trip reports, on the type. I knew that your descriptions would be different! And you got an old bird, albeit a wingletted one!
And I have only been to T2C at Roissy (Air India serves this).
You have managed some lovely pictures in spite of some rather bad lighting!
Wow, the Vietnam Airlines racoon!
`Mildly warm welcome' and dirty interiors...Hmm...
Lovely over-wing and wiglet shots, as usual!
The food doesn't look too bad, and you indeed say it was fine. Of course, the dessert was a dampener. The rushed service at the end...Hmmm...
Having been a part of CAT-III-B landings at DEL, I guess I am used to the scary part, but yes, your video represented it well.
O'Hare to Hostelling International again: deja vu for me as well Smile
Thank you for sharing this lovely report with us!
Cheers, Sumantra.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jbalonso777
Member


Joined: 05 Jul 2012
Posts: 1419
Location: Never, never land

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sumantra wrote:
Thank you for a lovely TR again...I have never been on a B767 of any type.
Hence, I read your report with an even greater amount of interest, in spite of having read umpteen trip reports, on the type. I knew that your descriptions would be different! And you got an old bird, albeit a wingletted one!

Thank you for your very detailed reply, sir! Smile
The B767 is quite a strange aircraft.. A narrow body with an extra aisle and a column of seats...making it a wide body aircraft capable of long intercontinental routes! Pretty nice Smile

sumantra wrote:
And I have only been to T2C at Roissy (Air India serves this).
You have managed some lovely pictures in spite of some rather bad lighting!

Thank you! Prior to this I was only at T1, which was quite an interesting one. I quite liked the T2E concourse, one of SkyTeam's major hubs.

sumantra wrote:
`Mildly warm welcome' and dirty interiors...Hmm...

Never a good sign Sad

sumantra wrote:
Lovely over-wing and wiglet shots, as usual!
The food doesn't look too bad, and you indeed say it was fine. Of course, the dessert was a dampener. The rushed service at the end...Hmmm...

Well done to Delta. TATL American airline flights are something I've only heard negatives about, but those were on AA/UA. I heard very little about DL, and I was glad with I got. That being said, a bunch of packaged cookies? Nah... Sad

sumantra wrote:
Having been a part of CAT-III-B landings at DEL, I guess I am used to the scary part, but yes, your video represented it well.

It was too scary...but I quite liked the fun and unpredictable nature!

sumantra wrote:
O'Hare to Hostelling International again: deja vu for me as well Smile
Thank you for sharing this lovely report with us!

Very Happy
Thanks for reading, sir!

Regards
Jishnu
_________________
http://www.youtube.com/c/JishnuBasu777
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airliners-India Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com