Joined: 22 Feb 2007
Location: Skies of Fire!
|Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:02 pm Post subject: Help, NASA Needs A New Slogan!
|While shopping for an IFE Hot Topic, I came across this blog from the folks at Wired Magazine. It seems that the US space agency is really casting about for a new slogan. They really are! The old slogan reads, "Explore, Discover, Understand", which is understandably outdated. The best the blast off boys could come up with was, “NASA Explores for Answers That Power Our Future." True, but a bit parochial – so I thought our readers could do better. When I read the submitted entries I knew that humor had not bypassed the Internet and some entries had me laughing out loud. See if you can do better and have a good laugh at the same time. Below are a few of my favorites...
* NASA: In 100 years, you'll wish you'd given us more funding
* NASA: Because Intelligent life is so hard to find these days
* See the Moon? Yeah, we hit that
* NASA: Billions Of Dollars Spent and Still No Death Star
* NASA: Because one day we'll need a new Earth to trash
* NASA: Actually this *is* rocket science
* NASA: Too under funded to write our own slogan
* NASA: Ignoring engineers since 1958!
* NASA: So you don't have to be a rocket scientist
* Man Will One Day Actually Walk On The Moon
* Spend Billions on Mars Instead of Fixing Social Security
* Doing less with more
* NASA: This ain't exactly rocket science... oh wait
And my personal favorite...
* NASA: Keeping Earth Alien Free Since 1958