Airliners-India Forum Index Airliners-India
Flickr Group & Facebook
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

01Jan/02Jan DEL International Diversions to BOM

 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Airliners-India Forum Index -> Tech/Ops
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
D-ABTH
Member


Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 837
Location: VABB :: BOM

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: 01Jan/02Jan DEL International Diversions to BOM Reply with quote

there was a who's who lineup at BOM today with many DEL flights...

on the remote bays were not only KLMs awesome T7 and China Airlines beautiful A330 but also the fantastic CO T7 which flew directly from EWR only to divert to BOM... what a flight that must have been!!... i would have loved to check her loadsheet and arrival weights out!! not to mention her flight plan all the way to BOM! Cool

incidentally this is my first sighting of all 3 airlines a/c in real life.. so i was pretty awed Laughing
_________________
If it aint Boeing.. I aint going.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DELAPPROACH
Member


Joined: 21 Dec 2006
Posts: 53

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It must have been great to have three American Carriers together at the tarmac at BOM. Cool
It was KLM's second successive diversion to BOM.It was in BOM on the 31st along with Alitalia.Air France was diverted to Hyderabad with Continental going to Islamabad.
Although due to heavy fog,American Airlines is operating as schedule without any diversions from DEL.

Regards,
Mayank
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
D-ABTH
Member


Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 837
Location: VABB :: BOM

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same as us... we have been landing consistently in 50m visibility and variable RVRs... although we at BOM have been on standby for the entire week now!!.. and its a collective sigh of relief when we see touchdown on our systems for LH760 and LH762...

infact we watch them so closely.. we almost forget about 756 Laughing
_________________
If it aint Boeing.. I aint going.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HAWK21M
Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 8132
Location: Mumbai, INDIA

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 3rd Fogged day at DEL of the last Forthnight.This time its attributed to the Cold wave up north,hence looks like a few more Long Night....Day....Night.....Day...Night at BOM.
regds
MEL
_________________
Think of the Brighter side !!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DELAPPROACH
Member


Joined: 21 Dec 2006
Posts: 53

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes D-ABTH,LH flights are arriving into DEL even before schedule. Smile

BTW CO82/83 has been cancelled for 2 January.Not good for CO since this is the end of the Holiday Season and CO flights from DEL are generally full throughout the year.

Regards,
Mayank
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nimish
Member


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Posts: 9757
Location: Bangalore, India

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - this must get really tedious for the airlines and the passengers involved. Imagine being diverted after a 16 hour non-stop flight from ORD or EWR! For once I see the sense of a one-stop flight via Europe!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aseem
Member


Joined: 15 Dec 2006
Posts: 2837
Location: YYZ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aren't CO or AA's B777s CAT enabled? I remember my AC A343 landing in dense fog on Dec 25, 2004, whereas my friend on 9W MAA-DEL diverted to AMD after circling around Radisson about the same time.
VT-ASJ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
the_380
Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 2329
Location: Mumbai, India

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aseem wrote:
aren't CO or AA's B777s CAT enabled? I remember my AC A343 landing in dense fog on Dec 25, 2004, whereas my friend on 9W MAA-DEL diverted to AMD after circling around Radisson about the same time.
VT-ASJ

If the RVR falls below 50mts then the aircrafts cannot land as DEL airport is not CAT IIIC enabled. RVR below 50mts needs CAT IIIC auto land system
_________________
http://www.myspace.com/avsatsworld
A Walt Disney and 20th Century Fox Audio Producer!!! Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
D-ABTH
Member


Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 837
Location: VABB :: BOM

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and at or just above 50m is the commanders call.. 75 and above is usually pretty good for a landing with no major hassles
_________________
If it aint Boeing.. I aint going.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JumboJet
Member


Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Posts: 492
Location: Mind Over Matter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: 01Jan/02Jan DEL International Diversions to BOM Reply with quote

D-ABTH wrote:
there was a who's who lineup at BOM today with many DEL flights...

on the remote bays were not only KLMs awesome T7 and China Airlines beautiful A330 but also the fantastic CO T7 which flew directly from EWR only to divert to BOM... what a flight that must have been!!... i would have loved to check her loadsheet and arrival weights out!! not to mention her flight plan all the way to BOM! Cool

incidentally this is my first sighting of all 3 airlines a/c in real life.. so i was pretty awed Laughing


Any pictures Razz
_________________
I love the smell of Jet Fuel in the morning.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
D-ABTH
Member


Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 837
Location: VABB :: BOM

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope couldnt snap them since they were on the remote bays..

anyways.. this morning our own LH760 FRA-DEL diverted to BOM.. she is currently resched to depart for DEL at 1815hrs today. LH762 operated as normal
_________________
If it aint Boeing.. I aint going.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nimish
Member


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Posts: 9757
Location: Bangalore, India

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-ABTH wrote:
anyways.. this morning our own LH760 FRA-DEL diverted to BOM.. she is currently resched to depart for DEL at 1815hrs today


So were the pax sent to hotels or were they made to wait in the transit area at BOM?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HAWK21M
Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 8132
Location: Mumbai, INDIA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonight was another day of Diversions to BOM.We had to get an AD A320 & IC A320 shifted to accomodate our transitting freighters.
regds
MEL
_________________
Think of the Brighter side !!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
the_380
Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 2329
Location: Mumbai, India

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEL condition seems to be bad. A lot of cancellations and diversions have created havoc at the airports
_________________
http://www.myspace.com/avsatsworld
A Walt Disney and 20th Century Fox Audio Producer!!! Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
JumboJet
Member


Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Posts: 492
Location: Mind Over Matter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAWK21M wrote:
Tonight was another day of Diversions to BOM.We had to get an AD A320 & IC A320 shifted to accomodate our transitting freighters.
regds
MEL


Shifted bole to Surprised
_________________
I love the smell of Jet Fuel in the morning.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
D-ABTH
Member


Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 837
Location: VABB :: BOM

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nimish wrote:

So were the pax sent to hotels or were they made to wait in the transit area at BOM?


yes all pax put into hotels, only 4 cleared immig here the rest proceeded back to DEL. A/c reg D-ABVD config 16/66/270 (the new version C/cl flatbeds) landed at DEL at about 2120 or so..
_________________
If it aint Boeing.. I aint going.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HAWK21M
Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 8132
Location: Mumbai, INDIA

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]

Shifted bole to Surprised[/quote]

Shifted in the sense they had to tow away their Aircraft to a remote bay & the Bays were reserved for transitting Aircraft & could be Towed back only post Transit ops by our Freighters.

regds
MEL
_________________
Think of the Brighter side !!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JumboJet
Member


Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Posts: 492
Location: Mind Over Matter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAWK21M wrote:


Shifted bole to Surprised[/quote]

Shifted in the sense they had to tow away their Aircraft to a remote bay & the Bays were reserved for transitting Aircraft & could be Towed back only post Transit ops by our Freighters.

regds
MEL[/quote]

Thanks for clearing my funda Cool
_________________
I love the smell of Jet Fuel in the morning.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PlaneObsessed
Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 58
Location: SEA

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

D-ABTH wrote:
Nimish wrote:

So were the pax sent to hotels or were they made to wait in the transit area at BOM?


yes all pax put into hotels, only 4 cleared immig here the rest proceeded back to DEL. A/c reg D-ABVD config 16/66/270 (the new version C/cl flatbeds) landed at DEL at about 2120 or so..


so pax dont have to clear immigration if they are put up in hotels?

kinda like ICN type airports where the hotels are inside the airport terminal?

sorry never been to BOM so clarificataion would be appreciated.
_________________
"They [Terrorists] never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." - GWB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
D-ABTH
Member


Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 837
Location: VABB :: BOM

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

being put up in hotels has nothing to do with being allowed to clear immigrations.. usually as per norms.. the flight is expected to "complete" its journey at its scheduled destination.. in this case DEL. since it involves a lot of regulations specific to international operations, the laws require that all individuals on the particular flight scheduled to disembark at its original destination in the country must do so at that place.. hence for a lot of reasons,protocol and regulation included, the flight has to be completed as per originally planned and immigrations will allow disembarkation and clearance only at the original destination.

someone who is more sound at law and regulation specific to this area may be able to explain it more clearly. Hotel accomodation will always be provided by the airline in these conditions.. similarly for AOG situations and cancelled flights.
_________________
If it aint Boeing.. I aint going.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JumboJet
Member


Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Posts: 492
Location: Mind Over Matter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-ABTH wrote:
being put up in hotels has nothing to do with being allowed to clear immigrations.. usually as per norms.. the flight is expected to "complete" its journey at its scheduled destination.. in this case DEL. since it involves a lot of regulations specific to international operations, the laws require that all individuals on the particular flight scheduled to disembark at its original destination in the country must do so at that place.. hence for a lot of reasons,protocol and regulation included, the flight has to be completed as per originally planned and immigrations will allow disembarkation and clearance only at the original destination.

someone who is more sound at law and regulation specific to this area may be able to explain it more clearly. Hotel accomodation will always be provided by the airline in these conditions.. similarly for AOG situations and cancelled flights.


Deaphen please throw some light here Surprised
_________________
I love the smell of Jet Fuel in the morning.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nimish
Member


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Posts: 9757
Location: Bangalore, India

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

PlaneObsessed wrote:
so pax dont have to clear immigration if they are put up in hotels?


In my experience when this happened (with BA about 8 years ago!), the airline authorities take responsibility for the passengers, and the pax don't have to clear immigration while leaving or returning. What happens is that the airline took my passport (I think that's all they took), and gave me a transit boarding card (or something like that) in return. Then I was put in a cab and sent off to the hotel. The next day the cab picked me up and took me back to the airport, where i got my passport back after returning the transit card.

There' always the chance that the passenger may run way leaving his passport behind, but I guess that's a minimal/acceptable risk.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
the_380
Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 2329
Location: Mumbai, India

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

Nimish wrote:

There' always the chance that the passenger may run way leaving his passport behind, but I guess that's a minimal/acceptable risk.

I think they can definately trace them out if they want...besides they have the passport
_________________
http://www.myspace.com/avsatsworld
A Walt Disney and 20th Century Fox Audio Producer!!! Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
himmat01
Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 1391
Location: DEL

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happens if a flight diverts to the final destination of a passenger? A person flying CO on EWR-DEL and taking a domestic flight from DEL-BOM.

The CO flight is diverted to BOM. Can this guy get off at BOM and go home or does he go back to DEL with the a/c and flies back to BOM?
_________________
Save Maharashtra!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
PlaneObsessed
Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 58
Location: SEA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

Nimish wrote:
PlaneObsessed wrote:
so pax dont have to clear immigration if they are put up in hotels?


In my experience when this happened (with BA about 8 years ago!), the airline authorities take responsibility for the passengers, and the pax don't have to clear immigration while leaving or returning. What happens is that the airline took my passport (I think that's all they took), and gave me a transit boarding card (or something like that) in return. Then I was put in a cab and sent off to the hotel. The next day the cab picked me up and took me back to the airport, where i got my passport back after returning the transit card.

There' always the chance that the passenger may run way leaving his passport behind, but I guess that's a minimal/acceptable risk.


makes sense.
_________________
"They [Terrorists] never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." - GWB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
D-ABTH
Member


Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 837
Location: VABB :: BOM

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

himmat01 wrote:
What happens if a flight diverts to the final destination of a passenger? A person flying CO on EWR-DEL and taking a domestic flight from DEL-BOM.

The CO flight is diverted to BOM. Can this guy get off at BOM and go home or does he go back to DEL with the a/c and flies back to BOM?


ideally it would be return to DEL and then enter the country.. i think what you misunderstood for final destination is "that of the passenger" i didnt mean that.. what i meant was final destination of the scheduled flight. Smile

like i said it has a lot to do with the laws of the country pertaining to operations of scheduled flights and immigrations apart from customs etc. regulations of civil flights and agreements signed between countries are subject to terms and conditions and a whole lot of definitions as per law.. for that precise reason you cannot have flights divert anywhere in a country offload everyone or a majority then operate to the intial destination planned.. pick up a load and fly back out..
_________________
If it aint Boeing.. I aint going.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
malQ
Member


Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Posts: 713
Location: Delhi, India

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it (clearing immigration at alternate/diversion airport) could also have to do with the checked-in baggage. So (and I am guessing here . . .) only those passengers who had hand baggage would probably opt to clear immigration at the alternate/diversion airport.

There was also a BA diversion on 3rd of January'07, going to Mumbai, which reached Delhi at 11pm on 3rd instead of at 2am.

I was kind of lucky on those dates, managed to swing through on 2 flights, on 1st and 3rd of January, with no infight delays. (Though the flights themselves were re-scheduled, one each on Indigo and Jet Airways).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
D-ABTH
Member


Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 837
Location: VABB :: BOM

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

malQ wrote:
I think it (clearing immigration at alternate/diversion airport) could also have to do with the checked-in baggage. So (and I am guessing here . . .) only those passengers who had hand baggage would probably opt to clear immigration at the alternate/diversion airport.


not really... but yes from 2 points of views..

1 customs formalities .. which wouldnt normally be a problem if the passengers were allowed to clear in BOM itself if immigrations decided to allow it... HOWEVER... customs can themselves deny the airline permission to offload baggages and/or cargo.. so thats the first point

2 secondly.. logistically it wouldnt be feaseable for the airline to offload bags for a few passengers who opt to disembark at the alternate point while a majority would be heading to the original destination... for obvious reasons being offloading the containers and tracing the baggage and then reloading them onto the aircraft..
_________________
If it aint Boeing.. I aint going.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Airliners-India Forum Index -> Tech/Ops All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com