Airliners-India Forum Index Airliners-India
Flickr Group & Facebook
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Summer '16 part 7: Efficient IndiGo* (BOM-CCU)

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airliners-India Forum Index -> Trip Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jbalonso777
Member


Joined: 05 Jul 2012
Posts: 1409
Location: Never, never land

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Summer '16 part 7: Efficient IndiGo* (BOM-CCU) Reply with quote

* - food doesn't count Wink

Once again ladies and gentlemen, a bit of a normal TR this time, IndiGo flight 6E325 from BOM to CCU....

http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1361841
And for those of you who are food fans, Mumbai fans, dog fans, rail fans, spotting fans...do take the time out to check out this report! Very Happy

And the video trip report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOgzftrjwtM

In the next report: Vistara's inaugural flight from Kolkata to New Delhi!
_________________
http://www.youtube.com/c/JishnuBasu777
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sumantra
Member


Joined: 28 Oct 2007
Posts: 4444
Location: New Delhi

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Summer '16 part 7: Efficient IndiGo* (BOM-CCU) Reply with quote

jbalonso777 wrote:
And for those of you who are food fans, Mumbai fans, dog fans, rail fans, spotting fans...do take the time out to check out this report! Very Happy

Awesome Sir, awesome! A tired evening after dinner, nostalgia swamped my mind all over, as I flicked by pictures of life in my favourite city Mumbai: the city of contrasts, the city of efficiency, the food, the trains, the traffic, and all that makes it so wonderful, and lovable.
Do tell us about the feline addition to the family: a real cutie!
This is what Dr. Ganguly also loves: a complete trip report, replete with lots of background information and pictures. And the spotting pictures from Jari Mari...oh, you got many heavy cargo planes, and the rare Iran Air SP!
I miss T1A as well, given that I haven't patronised T1B as much as I would have perhaps liked to. At least T1C is there, but it must really look strange without the lovely revamped T1A beside it.
Indigo are not known for their efficiency for nothing: the procedures in places are followed well, and full credit to them for keeping this efficiency in place. The hard work of the founding ex-IC and ex-S2 (ex-ex-IC, in many cases) has borne fruit many times over. The snacks keep getting more disappointing, but then, Indigo do well at their core business. NSCBIA T2 is always a treat for the weary-eyed, and your pictures and descriptions do justice to a nice terminal. Luggage coming out quickly is a tribute to the 6E efficiency. CCU in general, is not famous for baggage coming out quickly.
Thank you for yet another lovely TR, and we look forward to the UK inaugural!
Cheers, Sumantra.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sabya99
Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2011
Posts: 1114
Location: New Jersey/CCU

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is one of very few youtube video on night landing on secondary runway (19R). This side has ILS beams for night landing. The taxiway and runway edge lights are clear. If this end would have taxiway extended till the end, the efficiency of secondary runway would have gone up significantly. When AAI is going to build that ? After phase one modernization, ancient secondary runway of Kolkata airport will serve the city for years to come!!
_________________
Sabya99
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jbalonso777
Member


Joined: 05 Jul 2012
Posts: 1409
Location: Never, never land

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Summer '16 part 7: Efficient IndiGo* (BOM-CCU) Reply with quote

sumantra wrote:
jbalonso777 wrote:
And for those of you who are food fans, Mumbai fans, dog fans, rail fans, spotting fans...do take the time out to check out this report! Very Happy

Awesome Sir, awesome! A tired evening after dinner, nostalgia swamped my mind all over, as I flicked by pictures of life in my favourite city Mumbai: the city of contrasts, the city of efficiency, the food, the trains, the traffic, and all that makes it so wonderful, and lovable.
Do tell us about the feline addition to the family: a real cutie!
This is what Dr. Ganguly also loves: a complete trip report, replete with lots of background information and pictures. And the spotting pictures from Jari Mari...oh, you got many heavy cargo planes, and the rare Iran Air SP!
I miss T1A as well, given that I haven't patronised T1B as much as I would have perhaps liked to. At least T1C is there, but it must really look strange without the lovely revamped T1A beside it.
Indigo are not known for their efficiency for nothing: the procedures in places are followed well, and full credit to them for keeping this efficiency in place. The hard work of the founding ex-IC and ex-S2 (ex-ex-IC, in many cases) has borne fruit many times over. The snacks keep getting more disappointing, but then, Indigo do well at their core business. NSCBIA T2 is always a treat for the weary-eyed, and your pictures and descriptions do justice to a nice terminal. Luggage coming out quickly is a tribute to the 6E efficiency. CCU in general, is not famous for baggage coming out quickly.
Thank you for yet another lovely TR, and we look forward to the UK inaugural!
Cheers, Sumantra.

Thank you very much for taking the time out and reading this trip report, sir! I am so glad you enjoyed reading this flight report. I absolutely adore Mumbai. A trip to India without a visit to Mumbai?! Never!! Very Happy There's just so much going on there, one does not have enough time to experience it all. But that's just the way it is.

I recently learnt that the IR B747SP was withdrawn from service just 4 or 5 days after the image was taken. Spooky!

The entire face of T1B has changed. I have always associated the terminal with Jet Airways, while T1A was the 'never-going-to-fly-them Airbus airlines (AI/IT/GCool. I say this because until 2011, it was more or less Jet all the time for me while I was in Mumbai. I only visited T1A once, for what was my last flight with Kingfisher Airlines. Now, the IndiGo flooding T1B, it is quite a different story.

Quite like how 6E go about their things, as you mentioned this is in a large part thanks to the ex-other airlines staff. The food, however....

Once again, thanks for your reply!

sabya99 wrote:
I think this is one of very few youtube video on night landing on secondary runway (19R). This side has ILS beams for night landing. The taxiway and runway edge lights are clear. If this end would have taxiway extended till the end, the efficiency of secondary runway would have gone up significantly. When AAI is going to build that ? After phase one modernization, ancient secondary runway of Kolkata airport will serve the city for years to come!!

I do hear there has been some runway works going on...are they upgrading the facilities, perhaps?
_________________
http://www.youtube.com/c/JishnuBasu777
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sabya99
Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2011
Posts: 1114
Location: New Jersey/CCU

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Sumantra, I have posted the intentions of AAI and what they want to do with east side of main runway in Kolkata airport forum. Please take a look. In total 23 parking bays will be constructed here. But land is a sensitive issue. We have to wait and see. AAI is targeting for 40 million passenger capacity airport from current 20 million. They say that might happen by thirties!
_________________
Sabya99
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airliners-India Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com