Airliners-India Forum Index Airliners-India
Flickr Group & Facebook
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Indian aviation - predictions for the year 2008

 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Airliners-India Forum Index -> Civil Aviation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Nimish
Member


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Posts: 9757
Location: Bangalore, India

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Indian aviation - predictions for the year 2008 Reply with quote

Hey - how about some thoughts & speculation on the possible aviation related news items of 2008:

  1. Kingfisher starts Intl ops to SFO and Europe, and DN starts ops to the gulf.
  2. AI finally joins the *A (though I think that's more a 2009 thing)
  3. New airports at BLR and HYD - without proper connectivity from the city centers!
  4. Expanding intl ops at BLR - with IT launching non-stops from BLR, and maybe LH/AI connecting BLR with MUC. QR, EY start ops to BLR.
  5. The other "smaller" Indian carriers like Go Air, Paramount need to "make or break" it
  6. IT, AI and 9W continue as the big 3, with Indigo catching up steadily, and Spice continuing to grow albeit at a slower pace. These 2 will provide the price pressure to balance any cartels in fares by AI/IT/9W


Keep the list going!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rutvij
Member


Joined: 22 Feb 2007
Posts: 1390
Location: Skies of Fire!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Continued....

7. Land Aquisition will start at CSIA for the Integrated Terminal, garnished with Protests, Marches and VoteBank Politics. Finally, in the 4rd Quarter 08 or in 2009, Actual Work will start. U know how GOVTs Work! Wink

8. Navi Mumbai Airport's Construction will start. But even that won't be Easy. Again Problems will be Land Aquisition, Tendering, Court Cases, Retendering, & finally a Selection amids hue and cry. Wink Where's the End to this tunnel of problems??? Who knows, another Case!!

9. Gagan will go Live! No more Chakkar pe Chakkar. Very Happy Very Happy

10. AI will begin reconsolidating its lost Ground, & start climbing up the ranks. (Atleast as far as Hardware & Inflight Service is Concerned). It will place another Huge Order with a few A380s, 787. BOM-JFK, BLR-SFO, DEL-JFK Nonstops will help regain its lost Pride. HYD, BLR and MAA might see some Operations to the West with 77Ws. Some AI MROs will come up. AI may pick stakes in some Airports for *A. It will be curtains on the B743.

11. New Rwy & Termnal will open up at DEL.

12. Jet will start seeing even more Revenues comin from INTL Operations, & might place another Order, this time a big one. Shanghai, SFO will start. Shockingly, what about FRA, CDG,etc?? R they not Interested?

13. Kolkatta, Chennai Airport Modernisation may Kick off. Gud News, KCM!!

14. Cargo will start Booming when Flyington starts Freight Operations with A332Fs.

15. Paramount will spread its wings to West and North India with Embraers, SpiceJet will grow its network with the B738NGs on Order. It might even fly Overseas due to foreign stakes in the Company!!

16. Lufthansa Technik will mark its entry into India with a new MRO centre at the New Hyderabad Airport (GHIAL).

17. Boeing MRO Unit's Construction at Nagpur will have atleast reached 50% Completion Mark ......if not less.......

18. MIHAN's Cargo Hub at Nagpur might just start business if things go on Schedule.

19. The so many Flying Schools in India will truly start Churning out the required no. of Pilots after the 2005-06 Boom. But, Commanders will still be Out of Sight. Until, AInet Pilots come to their Rescue. Very Happy

18. More CX flights to the East & West from DEL, BOM.

Had the 787s not got Delayed.................................


Last edited by rutvij on Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HAWK21M
Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 8120
Location: Mumbai, INDIA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terminal 1C will be located between 1A & 1B & the Cargo section at Domestic Terminal will shift.

More Slums will be cleared & members relocated.

Flying ton freighters with A300s & Quickjet with B733SFs will start ops.

GoAir will sell out

AI & IC will get MROs to look after their Mx.....[Since its IC & AI may take longer Smile]

regds
MEL
_________________
Think of the Brighter side !!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Karan69
Member


Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 1334

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rutvij wrote:
Continued....

12. Jet will start seeing even more Revenues comin from INTL Operations, & might place another Order, this time a big one.

14. Cargo will start Booming when Flyington starts Freight Operations with A332Fs.
.


If what i heard is correct expect a significant order of unexpected aircraft from 9W at no other place than Faranbrough itself.

Hint---Double deckers----hint ---Xtra Wide Bodies. Wink

Flyington will start ops with A300Fs as pointed oout , the 332F has its test flights in late 2009

Karan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
nalini123
Member


Joined: 17 Aug 2007
Posts: 1033

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karan69 wrote:

Hint---Double deckers----hint ---Xtra Wide Bodies. Wink


Hmm its so difficult .... ummm errrrr ........ it start from A ends with 0 and has an 8 it between lololl

is it the A380 or B748?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rhumbline
Member


Joined: 28 Sep 2007
Posts: 443

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karan69 wrote:
rutvij wrote:
Continued....

12. Jet will start seeing even more Revenues comin from INTL Operations, & might place another Order, this time a big one.

14. Cargo will start Booming when Flyington starts Freight Operations with A332Fs.
.


If what i heard is correct expect a significant order of unexpected aircraft from 9W at no other place than Faranbrough itself.

Hint---Double deckers----hint ---Xtra Wide Bodies. Wink

Flyington will start ops with A300Fs as pointed oout , the 332F has its test flights in late 2009

Karan


I think they might go in for the B748 considering that their fleet is majority Boeing dominated ...
_________________
Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Jaysit
Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 4337

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Air India will keep talking about starting new flights to Lima, Santiago, Brisbane, Casablanca, etc. even as options like BLR-SFO, BOM-ORD, MAA-LHR continue to fester on paper.

Even more Malayalees will be stuck at airports across Kerala and the Gulf because of delays and more delays.

Mallya will introduce a new summer uniform of red bikinis and stilleto heels for his cabin crew.

The AI 744s will keep flying with their circa 1950 cabin interiors.

QR and EK will link Gauhati, Patna, Lucknow, Pt. Blair and Leh with multiple daily nonstops to DXB and DOH. AI will respond with a twice weekly BOM-Pt.Blair-COK-DOH-BAH flight.

The Communists will continue their brazen attempts at preventing India from improving its aviation infrastructure.

AI's website will look the same come December 31, 2008.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nalini123
Member


Joined: 17 Aug 2007
Posts: 1033

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

* more pathetic and hopeless reporting of the aviation sector by the media.

* 9W shall make its mark and join some alliance (my prediction)

* IT shall be having a tough time stablising themselves in the international market.

* BOM airport might face some chokes from now and especially terminal 2A may become chaotic now with 2A now unofficially becoming jet airways terminal.

* DEL will face even more congestion than ever before.

* EU carriers into BLR will face a tough time with many gulf carriers entering BLR.

* BA may start AMD or COK any one of them.

* PNQ airport may acutally get their forst international carrier in the form of LH/UL/TG.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
haree
Member


Joined: 13 Feb 2007
Posts: 429
Location: Somewhere on the globe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone thought of these ?!

* Would Praful patel be the MOCA?
* Would the DGCA chairs find new backsides?!
* Will AI (NACL) find a professional chairman?
* Top executives of 9W flies to IT , IT Managers become 9W directors Very Happy
* Would HAL Airport remain active?
* Would the airlines introduce a new XYZ surcharge
Embarassed Cool Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
texdravid
Member


Joined: 02 Jul 2007
Posts: 971
Location: GREAT STATE OF TEXAS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AI remains the worst airline in the world, and the GOI babus continue to run this airline into the ground.

AI 777LR's gather dust and is mothballed at Victorville/Marana after delivery flight from King/Boeing field.

Jet Airways continues to expand worldwide, introduces IAH-BRU-India flights and gets on multiple "best airline" lists.

Indian passengers still act like drunk hooligans as the plane is taking off or landing.

AI still has vociferous, blind apologists trolling this board and the "Indian aviation" on A.net to strike down anyone who criticizes AI.

LH introduces FRA-Trivandrum/Cochin 3-4x flights.

Sri Lankan airlines humiliates its bigger "cousin" AI by having great brand loyalty and schedules/reliability. Bonus points given as the country is in its 25th year of civil war.

I, Texdravid, will mercilessly taunt, poke fun,and humiliate Air India, and just when it is had enough, drum up the teasing once again. Pledge not to stop until AI is dismantled or sold/privatized.
_________________
"A communist is someone who reads Marx. An anti-communist is someone who understands Marx." Ronald Reagan

Proud Conservative in exile, soon to reawaken...

Charter member, Indians against Obama
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
haree
Member


Joined: 13 Feb 2007
Posts: 429
Location: Somewhere on the globe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLZZZ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nalini123
Member


Joined: 17 Aug 2007
Posts: 1033

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texdravid wrote:

I, Texdravid, will mercilessly taunt, poke fun,and humiliate Air India, and just when it is had enough, drum up the teasing once again. Pledge not to stop until AI is dismantled or sold/privatized.


And I , Nalini Dev , shall enjoy every bit of the taunt on AI !!!!!!!

Keep em coming !!!! lollzzz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rhumbline
Member


Joined: 28 Sep 2007
Posts: 443

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nalini123 wrote:
texdravid wrote:

I, Texdravid, will mercilessly taunt, poke fun,and humiliate Air India, and just when it is had enough, drum up the teasing once again. Pledge not to stop until AI is dismantled or sold/privatized.


And I , Nalini Dev , shall enjoy every bit of the taunt on AI !!!!!!!

Keep em coming !!!! lollzzz


And I rhumbline pledge to defend my nation's flag carrier against all the mud slingers and naysayers.
Jai Hind Laughing
_________________
Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival


Last edited by rhumbline on Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
nalini123
Member


Joined: 17 Aug 2007
Posts: 1033

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great that makes it even more laughable !!! Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rutvij
Member


Joined: 22 Feb 2007
Posts: 1390
Location: Skies of Fire!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhumbline wrote:
nalini123 wrote:
texdravid wrote:

I, Texdravid, will mercilessly taunt, poke fun,and humiliate Air India, and just when it is had enough, drum up the teasing once again. Pledge not to stop until AI is dismantled or sold/privatized.


And I , Nalini Dev , shall enjoy every bit of the taunt on AI !!!!!!!

Keep em coming !!!! lollzzz


And I rhumbline pledge to defend my nation's flag carrier against all the mud slingers and naysayers.
Jai Hind Laughing


Whats the height of Optimism? Rhumbline Very Happy

But, errrrrrr, mmm, like Rhumbline, even I remain Optimistist!!

PS: Sorry Rhumb, I support u only till the LRs, Ws, Dreamliners don't become Rickety!! Very Happy Thats the Last Chance for AI!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nalini123
Member


Joined: 17 Aug 2007
Posts: 1033

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha leaving poor rhumbline alone in trouble times ... iye bahut galat baat haii!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rhumbline
Member


Joined: 28 Sep 2007
Posts: 443

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rutvij wrote:
But, errrrrrr, mmm, like Rhumbline, even I remain Optimistist!!

PS: Sorry Rhumb, I support u only till the LRs, Ws, Dreamliners don't become Rickety!! Very Happy Thats the Last Chance for AI!


They won't become rickety any sooner than 9Ws or ITs big birds will, after all AI has the 'best' maintanence facility in the country.
Even if they do get rickety I trust by now, AI knows how to fill up a rickety ol' rust bucket and keep it flying safely, better than other airline in the world.
_________________
Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
JETFLY787
Member


Joined: 15 Aug 2007
Posts: 343
Location: LON,UK

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhumbline wrote:
rutvij wrote:
But, errrrrrr, mmm, like Rhumbline, even I remain Optimistist!!

PS: Sorry Rhumb, I support u only till the LRs, Ws, Dreamliners don't become Rickety!! Very Happy Thats the Last Chance for AI!


They won't become rickety any sooner than 9Ws or ITs big birds will, after all AI has the 'best' maintanence facility in the country.
Even if they do get rickety I trust by now, AI knows how to fill up a rickety ol' rust bucket and keep it flying safely, better than other airline in the world.


Way to go Rhumb.Cheers to AI and its future..
_________________
Lets Soar High....Feel the ultimate Joy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nalini123
Member


Joined: 17 Aug 2007
Posts: 1033

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhumbline wrote:
They won't become rickety any sooner than 9Ws or ITs big birds will, after all AI has the 'best' maintanence facility in the country.
Even if they do get rickety I trust by now, AI knows how to fill up a rickety ol' rust bucket and keep it flying safely, better than other airline in the world.


I'll quote your example for optimism to extreme levels next time.

Something like ..

Rhumblinism:- telling the world the glass is nearly full even though it has just a drop of water in it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaysit
Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 4337

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhumbline, I'm curious when you last flew Air India. Or dealt with their obnoxious, corrupt and incompetent reservations staff?

Many of us have.

And we offer our criticisms not as a matter of fun and games but as serious grievances based on recent real life experiences.

We also offer praise when praise is due. In fact, most of us are far more lenient with praise for AI than with other carriers. Perhaps, it has something to do with the fact that its quite astonishing to see cabin staff, on occassion, perform as well as they do given the deck of cards they're given by management.

If AI maintenance is so superb, why can't they get a simple overhead TV monitor to work when any local electrician from Gaamdevi or Matunga in Mumbai can make that happen in 10 minutes?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rhumbline
Member


Joined: 28 Sep 2007
Posts: 443

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Rhumbline, I'm curious when you last flew Air India. Or dealt with their obnoxious, corrupt and incompetent reservations staff?

Many of us have.

And we offer our criticisms not as a matter of fun and games but as serious grievances based on recent real life experiences.

Last time I traveled on AI (or IC whichever way you look at it) just yesterday IC915 BLR-HYD. Flight was as good as any other airlines on the domestic sector but without the IT a$$ shaking vixens .
Beautiful glidescope approach and nice touchdown (imho the best A320 touchdowns on any airline in the world has to be with IC) so no reasons for me to complain as such ... though I have to admit my company made the reservations on my behalf.

Quote:
We also offer praise when praise is due. In fact, most of us are far more lenient with praise for AI than with other carriers. Perhaps, it has something to do with the fact that its quite astonishing to see cabin staff, on occassion, perform as well as they do given the deck of cards they're given by management.


I too don't go around criticizing other airlines for the heck of it and offer praise when its due . It gets too much when the criticism is unprovoked - Live example Mr texdravid ranting around against AI a few posts up in this thread.
Plus the praise is always accompanied by a snide remark and a sinigger or two. Its almost like people are willing AI to screw up and when it does all hell breaks loose. While the 9W/IT PR machinery conveniently glosses over all the negative stuff AI's goof ups get highlighted sky high.

Plus someone has to defend the undefended or this forum will get pretty drab Wink

Quote:
If AI maintenance is so superb, why can't they get a simple overhead TV monitor to work when any local electrician from Gaamdevi or Matunga in Mumbai can make that happen in 10 minutes?


They are trying to make them operational but at the end of the day you can only flog a dead horse so much right. With the new fleet coming in things have already started to improve on the 321s and 777s.
_________________
Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Jaysit
Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 4337

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhumbline, from my understanding, IC's A320s are fairly good. And for all intents and purposes, its still IC.

But when did you last fly one of AI's rickety A310s?

Or even one of its rickety 744s? Or for that matter its leased UA 772s?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rhumbline
Member


Joined: 28 Sep 2007
Posts: 443

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaysit wrote:

But when did you last fly one of AI's rickety A310s?

Or even one of its rickety 744s? Or for that matter its leased UA 772s?


My point exactly thats why the fleet replacement program was put into place
so things will improve as far as passenger experience is concerned once the old/leased planes are phased out and the new birds start coming. You yourself posted quite positive comments about the BOM-JFK non-stop some time back.
_________________
Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
nalini123
Member


Joined: 17 Aug 2007
Posts: 1033

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are arguments are just a tad bit better than my naani ... she just says " no I cannot hear a word against AI and thats her verdict " , but her loyalty remains still as she never thinks of flying any other carrier than AI and off lately 9W.

rhumbline you will never understand why we criticize AI and your defence is a big joke and is ridiculous to your degree of optimism.

You should see how those AI b**stards make the labourers cry and harass them and SHJ/DXB airports. A member's mom here slapped an AI official. Tell me god forbids if this happened to your mom would you still praise AI?

If your parents had to suffer , would you still praise AI?

And this is happening for not one or two but for 15-20 years. why? the fleet replacement etc have just come in the past years. And yes we give due credit to the AI B77L , because it is good and value for money.

Shell out 70 K rs from your own pocket for a tkt to ORD , and you show how to compromise on standards when other airlines at lower fares are a million times better.


in marathi there is a saying " Jyachi jalte tyala kalte" .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rhumbline
Member


Joined: 28 Sep 2007
Posts: 443

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nalini123 wrote:
You are arguments are just a tad bit better than my naani ... she just says " no I cannot hear a word against AI and thats her verdict " , but her loyalty remains still as she never thinks of flying any other carrier than AI and off lately 9W.

rhumbline you will never understand why we criticize AI and your defence is a big joke and is ridiculous to your degree of optimism.

You should see how those AI b**stards make the labourers cry and harass them and SHJ/DXB airports. A member's mom here slapped an AI official. Tell me god forbids if this happened to your mom would you still praise AI?

If your parents had to suffer , would you still praise AI?

And this is happening for not one or two but for 15-20 years. why? the fleet replacement etc have just come in the past years. And yes we give due credit to the AI B77L , because it is good and value for money.

Shell out 70 K rs from your own pocket for a tkt to ORD , and you show how to compromise on standards when other airlines at lower fares are a million times better.


in marathi there is a saying " Jyachi jalte tyala kalte" .


Ok enough of this AI bashing and defending I think we have hijacked the original thread.

So one final prediction from my side:
The AI bashers and AI defender(s) (aka rhumbline) will keep fighting on ai.net though on other threads throughout 2008

sayonara ...
_________________
Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
nalini123
Member


Joined: 17 Aug 2007
Posts: 1033

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

now thats one good point we agree on. Very Happy lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaysit
Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 4337

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhumbline wrote:
Jaysit wrote:

But when did you last fly one of AI's rickety A310s?

Or even one of its rickety 744s? Or for that matter its leased UA 772s?


My point exactly thats why the fleet replacement program was put into place
so things will improve as far as passenger experience is concerned once the old/leased planes are phased out and the new birds start coming. You yourself posted quite positive comments about the BOM-JFK non-stop some time back.


Well, you still haven't answered my question.

When did you last fly one of AI's rickety A310s or its filthy 744s? And when did you last have to grit your teeth through hours of dealing with AI reservations staff?

And, yes, I've offered praise to AI when praise is due. And I hope that the standards provided by AI's new 777 fleet will be the norm, rather than the exception. But until then, there is no reason why AI's existing 744 fleet can't be well-maintained both inside and out, and why the majority of its staff can't be civil to its fare-paying pax.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sammyk
Member


Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Posts: 2719
Location: Austin, TX

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhumbline wrote:

Beautiful glidescope approach and nice touchdown (imho the best A320 touchdowns on any airline in the world has to be with IC)


How do you arrive at such an opinion? Have you been on a flight of every A320 operator?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
rhumbline
Member


Joined: 28 Sep 2007
Posts: 443

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammyk wrote:

How do you arrive at such an opinion? Have you been on a flight of every A320 operator?


Nope, but I base my opinion on the flight experience of IC commanders. Average command experience > 7500+ hrs on a single type of a/c (probably the highest in the Asia-Pac region certainly better than any domestic carrier)
so I do expect them to land the things perfectly.

Secondly I know the training standards maintained for the A320 in CTE (ICs pilot training establishment) where they tutor the correct glidescope approach and touchdown on all major Indian airports.
_________________
Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
saurabhm_101
Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 529
Location: Mumbai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhumbline wrote:

the correct glidescope approach and touchdown.


its glideslope... the vertical path to the runway... and yes IC might have some experienced pilots... but not every landing is a feather touch... ive had the worst approach on IT and the touch down was smoooth as hell! its all a matter of chance... yes skill is also a part of it... but as a pilot many things come into play to make it a 'perfect' landing... things like wind, runway conditions, speed, weight,etc. alll of it!
_________________
Flying High.... You and Me...!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
stealthpilot
Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 2318
Location: BLR, DXB

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhumbline wrote:
Nope, but I base my opinion on the flight experience of IC commanders. Average command experience > 7500+ hrs on a single type of a/c (probably the highest in the Asia-Pac region certainly better than any domestic carrier) so I do expect them to land the things perfectly.

What about the FOs landing Smile
Jokes aside, I highly doubt ICs A320s ‘smoothness of landings’ are better than 6Es or ITs or any other carriers for that matter.

rhumbline wrote:
Secondly I know the training standards maintained for the A320 in CTE (ICs pilot training establishment) where they tutor the correct glidescope approach and touchdown on all major Indian airports.

Every time their pilots do an approach I certainly hope they have an approach plate in front of them which has all the relevant normal info. Agreed, there’s nothing like being familiar with the entire procedure before hand, but I bet most good pilots will review all necessary procedures well in advance.


That being said, we do need some AI supporters here Smile
_________________
eP007
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Airliners-India Forum Index -> Civil Aviation All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com