Airliners-India.com Forum Index Airliners-India.com
Flickr Group & Facebook

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

India-Hong Kong revised bilateral
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Airliners-India.com Forum Index -> Civil Aviation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
karatecatman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: India-Hong Kong revised bilateral Reply with quote

Moved from the 'Air India News' thread

Air India release -- Govt. of India

INDIA HONG-KONG SIGN REVISED BILATERAL AIR SERVICES AGREEMENT

The long-standing deadlock on the issue of bilateral traffic rights between India and Hong Kong was broken with the two sides arriving at an agreement after prolonged discussions held at New Delhi on 17-18 December, 2007. The Indian delegation was led by Shri R.K. Singh, Joint Secretary in the Ministry of Civil Aviation while the Hong Kong delegation was led by Mr. Esmond Lee, Deputy Secretary, Transport and Housing Bureau, Hong Kong. Air India officials were also present.

As per the new agreement, 27 new services for each side will be possible on the Indian Hong Kong route. While the Indian side can operate these 27 services from any point in India, the Hong Kong carriers can operate 10 services to Delhi, 6 services to Mumbai and 11 services altogether to Bangalore, Chennai and Calcutta. Chennai was added as a new point of call during these talks for the Hong Kong side.

An agreement was also reached on the exercise of fifth freedom beyond traffic rights. Out of the 27 services, the carriers of India will be able to operate 14 services to West Coast North America including the cities of Los Angeles, San Francisco and Vancouver. Reciprocally, the Hong Kong carrier can exercise beyond fifth freedom rights through India on 14 services to Europe excluding UK.

The two sides also entered into a liberalized code share agreement which will enable the airlines of the two sides to code share through their respective territories to any beyond point either with each other carriers or with a third country carrier. Indian carriers are already looking at serving New Zealand through code share over Hong Kong with Air New Zealand.

With this agreement, there will be greater competition on the India Hong Kong route and the direct services between India and Hong Kong are set to increase. This will be in the overall interest of the traveling people and growth of trade and tourism.
karatecatman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nimish wrote:
kcm - can you move this to a new thread or something - it's really not to do with AI and would benefit from secondary discussions on who will get the 14 5th freedom rights from HKG

Maut3000 wrote:

WAS LONG OVERDUE....
NOW 9W can think of adding Hong Kong to its network.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent news, though it's unfortunate that we did not manage a full open-skies deal with HKG. I would imagine that 9W will try and corner all 14 5th freedom frequencies ex-HKG, though I don't know if AI already uses some 5th freedom on their milk runs via HKG.

Does anyone know if the MoCA will give 9W the 7 needed 5th freedom frequencies out of the 14 available?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nimish

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: India-Hong Kong revised bilateral Reply with quote

karatecatman wrote:
Reciprocally, the Hong Kong carrier can exercise beyond fifth freedom rights through India on 14 services to Europe excluding UK.

I wonder if we'll see HKG-BOM-FRA type services or HKG-DEL-MAD flights from CX? I don't really think so, so I'm not sure why CX wanted 5th freedom to Europe (except UK)?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
karatecatman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: India-Hong Kong revised bilateral Reply with quote

Nimish wrote:
so I'm not sure why CX wanted 5th freedom to Europe (except UK)?

UK is excluded as the UK has to get the approval on a few issues from the EU ... the recently concluded UK-HK bilateral has to get the approval of the EU.
Karan69

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long overdue as mentioned and a bit dissapointed that when it came it came quite less---Just 27 extra

Nimish wrote:
, though I don't know if AI already uses some 5th freedom on their milk runs via HKG.

Does not matter as these are in addition to those

Nimish wrote:
Does anyone know if the MoCA will give 9W the 7 needed 5th freedom frequencies out of the 14 available?

Ofcourse they will, i am sure its not simply a coincidence with regards to the timeline of China refusing Indian carriers [i.e. bigger looser 9W] and then there is talk about HKG-West coast service on 9W, and then suddenly a much debated HKG agreement gets a bit liberalised

Karan
Karan69

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the additional services expected from HKG i am sure CX will jump on all available before Oasis HKG can even find the aircrafts needed to operate the India routes.

DEL should go double daily to 14

BOM should go 6x non-stop to HKG or daily on BOM-BKK-HKG [they did operate it during open skies last year so they do have rights , they do not have additional rights to DXB though]

So 4 current + 6 non-stop OR Current route daily + 3 non-stop

BLR should go 4 x weekly

MAA and CCU should get 3x each

Karan
Nimish

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karan69 wrote:
Nimish wrote:
, though I don't know if AI already uses some 5th freedom on their milk runs via HKG.

Does not matter as these are in addition to those

I did not realize that these 27 frequencies and 14 with 5th freedom are in addition to the existing rights! Thanks for pointing that out.

So 9W can easily launch BOM-HKG-SFO and maybe DEL-HKG-YVR flights as a follow up, and it would be sweet if they entered One world at some stage (or at least entered into a FFP and code share with CX).

I don't think AI would have much interest in these traffic rights given they're talking of only a European hub in MUC and non-stops to SFO.
nalini123

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank god!! I'm fortunate to see the revised bilaterals in my lifetime Rolling Eyes
nalini123

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW are they dropping BKK? is that stop still needed?
texdravid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rest assured that a Hong Kong carrier, i.e. Cathay will start MAA/BLR-HKG first, with 3-5x a week.

Air India, that paradigm of ineptitude, will concentrate on their favorite BOM/DEL routes and after Cathay makes a big success on their nonstop Chennai/HYD/Bangalore runs, will in 10 years begin MAA-CCU-BKK-SIN-HKG, claim it as "groundbreaking" and wonder why uppity Tamils won't use their maharajah in the sky.

Just watch, folks. I am basing my prediction on how MAA-Europe turned out in the 90's, with Euro carriers taking the lead and making cold cash for a decade or more before AI got off its mutton roll and gave MAA the time of day.

Proud Conservative in exile, soon to reawaken...

Charter member, Indians against Obama
nalini123

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texdravid wrote:
Rest assured that a Hong Kong carrier, i.e. Cathay will start MAA/BLR-HKG first, with 3-5x a week.

I'm predicting a 5 X weekly for MAA. They need it. It will be a good option for the people on the west coast of USA.
B772

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nalini123 wrote:
texdravid wrote:

I'm predicting a 5 X weekly for MAA. They need it. It will be a good option for the people on the west coast of USA.

It's high time cathay restarts Kolkata.This will also reduce flying time to the US west coast.3-5 times a week HKG-CCU-HKG will be brilliant.
nalini123

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very true. and with the revised Bilaterals as Russel Peter says

" SQ/TG gonna get a hurt real Bad"

LOL Very Happy
Megatop

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nalini123 wrote:
Very true. and with the revised Bilaterals as Russel Peter says

" SQ/TG gonna get a hurt real Bad"

LOL Very Happy

i dont think so.

CX's O/D are realistic only from BOM/DEL. rest relies on conn to northam, japan & mainland china.

IMO, SQ will strengthen its stronghold in the south by squeezing the competition.

& TG has a sizable O/D & leisure from india.

CX has to contend on the lines of what eva is doing out of BOM.
LAXDESI

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karan69 wrote:
DEL should go double daily to 14

BOM should go 6x non-stop to HKG or daily on BOM-BKK-HKG [they did operate it during open skies last year so they do have rights , they do not have additional rights to DXB though]

So 4 current + 6 non-stop OR Current route daily + 3 non-stop

BLR should go 4 x weekly

MAA and CCU should get 3x each

Karan

It will be better if CX offered the additional 6 services from BOM as non-stop. As there are 11 additional frequencies to BLR/CCU/MAA, perhaps BLR will get five frequencies and the other two three each.

I hope Jet corners all of the 14 services to NA west coast, with flights conveniently timed from BOM/DEL/BLR/MAA/CCU.
blrsea

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have liked a daily BLR-HKG service. And I believe there is traffic to support it as connection to US west coast will be easier beyond HKG. SQ/TG require two stops from BLR to US west coast.

Looks like 9W/CX will beat IT to the BLR-SFO/LAX markets!!
Jaysit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much O/D traffic is there from MAA/BLR/HYD etc to Hong Kong?

If it isn't substantial, the problem that carriers like AI and 9W will have again is that the hub carrier (CX) will eat their lunch using Hub Hong Kong for pax from South India transiting to North America and East Asia. Airlines operating out of well-developed, advanced city hubs will always have this advantage

Daily 738s could well be used to test the waters. Or alternately, a BLR-MAA-HKG flight on an A332 operating 4x weekly, with 738s operating on the remaining days. With AI joining Star Alliance, these flights could be timed to UA schedules, although I'm sure that SQ will be hocked off given how it cleans up on Silicon Valley bound pax from South India.
avbuff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, we get to see a sensible schedule of CX. good for people bound for HKG.
LAXDESI

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaysit wrote:

the problem that carriers like AI and 9W will have again is that the hub carrier (CX) will eat their lunch using Hub Hong Kong for pax from South India transiting to North America and East Asia. Airlines operating out of well-developed, advanced city hubs will always have this advantage

Daily 738s could well be used to test the waters. Or alternately, a BLR-MAA-HKG flight on an A332 operating 4x weekly, with 738s operating on the remaining days. With AI joining Star Alliance, these flights could be timed to UA schedules, although I'm sure that SQ will be hocked off given how it cleans up on Silicon Valley bound pax from South India.

CX will certainly have an advantage over Indian carriers, but passengers from southern cities will have shorter travel/transit time to west coast.

Not sure if the 737/320 series will have the legs to do MAA/BLR-HKG, which will be around a 5-6 hour flight(about 2400 miles). AI/UA combination has the potential to work, but Jet may corner the frequencies before AI can put together a plan.
Jaysit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive said this before, but it still boggles my mind why 9W aren't factoring in a BLR-BRU-SFO flight into their schedule. If there is as much need for a direct BLR to SFO flight, then what are they waiting for? Would a delayed BOM-PVG/HKG-SFO flight be more profitable? And how on earth does it help anyone from BLR?

And why can't 9W do a daily BLR-BRU-SFO on an A332 and a BOM-PVG/HKG-SFO?
ryder1650

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaysit wrote:
Ive said this before, but it still boggles my mind why 9W aren't factoring in a BLR-BRU-SFO flight into their schedule. If there is as much need for a direct BLR to SFO flight, then what are they waiting for? Would a delayed BOM-PVG/HKG-SFO flight be more profitable? And how on earth does it help anyone from BLR?

I agree that SFO-BLR is in need of service, but the stopover in Europe would put 9W in direct competition with Lufthansa, who currently owns this route. Since this route is almost entirely business travellers, who value time over anything else, the best way to capture this market is a non-stop flight, which I am not sure if the 777-300ER can do profitably.

Of course there is the argument that the market requires extra seats and any new entrant will be able to fill up all seats. It seems though that Jet is dead set on using Asia as a hub for West Coast flights. What they should do then is simply have a BLR-HKG flight with perfect timings to coincide with the SFO-HKG flight to create a similar effect. They can connect SFO, LAX and YVR to HKG and have flights to BOM, DEL and BLR from HKG. Connecting SFO to just BOM is a little short-sighted as there is a huge amount of traffic from SFO to the DEL area (tech centers in NOIDA, Gurgaon, etc.).

However, the biggest problem I see here is the selection of HKG instead of some other city. HKG is well served already to LAX, SFO, and YVR. CX just added a new daily flight to SFO (2x daily now) and I believe they fly 3x daily to LAX. SFO also has flights to HKG daily on UA and SQ. From SFO PVG is served only by UA. If they feel that they just need to capture the India market and not have any passengers disembarking in HKG, this is fine, but if USA-HKG traffic is also on their mind, this may be a little tough to make profitable.
Jaysit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryder1650 says :"Connecting SFO to just BOM is a little short-sighted as there is a huge amount of traffic from SFO to the DEL area (tech centers in NOIDA, Gurgaon, etc.). "

Agreed.

However, with respect to your comment about Lufthansa and the BLR-SFO route, what difference does it make if Lufthansa owns the one-stop flight to SFO from BLR. The market isn't stagnant that it can support only one daily flight, is it? If that were the case, then BA and AF wouldn't have expanded to BLR as they've done. Currently, it appears that some pax are going through Changi and having to endure 8 hour layovers! 9W, with its reputation in India, could easily siphon off those who are enduring this nonsense.
Nimish

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaysit wrote:

I'm not sure how feasible this is, but could it be a case of 9W deciding to "give up" this market due to the fact that both AI and IT have announced non-stops on this route in 2008? They'd rather pander to the bulk of their FFPs who's probably BOM based, and leave one market (BLR-SFO) for the rest of the players to fight over?

Otherwise their move makes no sense whatsoever!
Megatop

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaysit wrote:

.... BA and AF wouldn't have expanded to BLR as they've done. Currently, it appears that some pax are going through Changi and having to endure 8 hour layovers! 9W, with its reputation in India, could easily siphon off those who are enduring this nonsense.

not some, a ton take BLR-SIN-SFO on SQ which is running at 80k aprox for a tix in jan-feb 2008; more expensive than LH.

i've friends who swear by this route despite the wait westbound.

the cheapest getting around 60k on BA & 55k on AF.
Jaysit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Megatop wrote:
Jaysit wrote:

.... BA and AF wouldn't have expanded to BLR as they've done. Currently, it appears that some pax are going through Changi and having to endure 8 hour layovers! 9W, with its reputation in India, could easily siphon off those who are enduring this nonsense.

not some, a ton take BLR-SIN-SFO on SQ which is running at 80k aprox for a tix in jan-feb 2008; more expensive than LH.

i've friends who swear by this route despite the wait westbound.

the cheapest getting around 60k on BA & 55k on AF.

It makes no sense. Yes, SQ is a fabulous airline, but the sweetest smile from the sweetest SQ girl isn't worth that kind of inconvenience. I wonder if Indian passengers have over the years become accustomed to the lack of choice and plenty of inconvenience.
nalini123

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaysit , I went that extra mile when I went to LAX this October , J class fares on LH , BA were more at that time. SQ service standards made me forget the inconvinience I faced. Very Happy
Megatop

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Jaysit"][quote="Megatop"]
Jaysit wrote:

It makes no sense. Yes, SQ is a fabulous airline, but the sweetest smile from the sweetest SQ girl isn't worth that kind of inconvenience. I wonder if Indian passengers have over the years become accustomed to the lack of choice and plenty of inconvenience.

lack of choice: to an extent
inconvienence: not really, but for the wait. changi isn't that bad after all

resembles the 90s when it wasnt strange to do a BLR-BOM-KWI-LON-NYC routing on kuwait airways courting the cheapest fare out there.

no sense for a biz flier, ok for anybody else.
nalini123

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nimish wrote:
I'm not sure how feasible this is, but could it be a case of 9W deciding to "give up" this market due to the fact that both AI and IT have announced non-stops on this route in 2008? They'd rather pander to the bulk of their FFPs who's probably BOM based, and leave one market (BLR-SFO) for the rest of the players to fight over?

Otherwise their move makes no sense whatsoever!

But weren't they connecting BLR - BRU - LAX?

And IMO since KF is starting the route it is sensible move to not compete. BOM - NYC market is different , where it's one stop is troubling the AI non stop. but BLR - SFO may not be the same.

I think with AI and KF in BLR - SFO market , it will be a big blow for SQ and to some extent LH.

I'm sure you would go the non stop anyday rather than the BLR-SIN-ICN-SFO. Very Happy

I can actually yell on the PA system and tell the 9W please please start operations to SFO from BOM via PVG and not HKG.
ryder1650

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaysit wrote:

However, with respect to your comment about Lufthansa and the BLR-SFO route, what difference does it make if Lufthansa owns the one-stop flight to SFO from BLR. The market isn't stagnant that it can support only one daily flight, is it? If that were the case, then BA and AF wouldn't have expanded to BLR as they've done. Currently, it appears that some pax are going through Changi and having to endure 8 hour layovers! 9W, with its reputation in India, could easily siphon off those who are enduring this nonsense.

I agree that SQ seems like an immense waste of time for West Coast travellers. For me, when I fly SFO-DEL, I have SQ at the bottom of my list because of the long connection in SIN. It really boggles the mind as to why people are willing to do this as I find the service on say, Asiana, LH. or international AA to be just fine. Some people just value their time less than others I suppose.

As for BLR, I should have phrased my argument differently. By flying SFO-BRU-BLR, 9W does little to differentiate itself from LH, BA, AF (in all classes except F). Sure it will fill all the seats in peak times, but by flying through HKG they can combine their service with a great marketing line: "The fasted way to Bangalore from SFO." Of course the FASTEST way will be non-stop, but assuming that 9W cannot do that profitably, the next best thing is to find the best place to connect through that will allow the shortest flight (which incidently seems to be PVG). Going through HKG will cut flying by 1000mi versus going through a European city. That is a whole lot of flying time that you save by going via Asia instead. This combined with a connection time of 1-2 hrs means 9W will have a distinct competitive advantage over the other carriers, ensuring it gets the customers every day. Now once KF and AI start their purported non-stops it will be a whole new game. With two non-stops plus the Europeans and SQ, it will be a lot harder for 9W to fill seats to BLR.

Jay, I see, though, the merits of BRU. Since it is a hub all of the traffic does not have to be to BLR, it just has to be to somewhere in India that 9W flies to from BRU. However, this is great for the East Coast, where connecting through Europe is not a big deal. However, for West Coast travellers, it adds lots of miles to an already long trip. Since many of the Asian airlines have less than daily flights or bad connections, us West Coasters are forced to go through Europe, adding 4-5 hours more to the journey. Sure in the grand scheme that is not much time, but for the business traveller its annoying and is avoided as much as possible.

Therefore, ideally, I would love to see non-stop SFO-BLR, SFO-DEL and SFO-BOM flights. We all know, though, that its not going to happen anytime soon (until 787s come in at the earliest) if ever, so I'd say a scissor hub in Asia will make the most sense for West Coast travellers.
G-BYGB

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think once when BLR is connected to HKG, we might see LH,AF and BA loose some of its share in this market bcoz most of the pax will find it convinient to travel to the west coast of US via HKG.

In the future we might see 9W keeping HKG as its mini hub tht will connect to the west coast of US.
LAXDESI

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to see if AI could team up with UA and AC to offer one-stop services to NA west coast. Here's the UA/AC schedule:

NA-HKG
UA LAX 12:00 pm HKG 6:15 pm+1
UA SFO 1:03 pm HKG 6:00pm +1
AC YVR 1:50 pm HKG 6:30 pm+1

HKG-NA
UA HKG 12:20 pm LAX 9:35 am
UA HKG 11:45 am SFO 9:17 am
AC HKG 12:45 pm YVR 10:00am

AI could offer daily non-stops from both BOM and DEL, timed to arrive at HKG around 8:00 am, which gives about a comfotable 4-5 hours for making connections to UA/AC flights to LAX/SFO/YVR. Then the aircraft could continue on to NRT or ICN, and return to HKG by 8:00 pm and pick up connecting passengers from UA/AC flights, and then continue on to BOM/DEL.
LAXDESI

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding to my previous post, AI could also connect to NRT,ICN,PEK, and SHA from HKG, and offer services from BOM,DEL,BLR, and MAA on the Indian side.
tayaramecanici

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any HK veterans here who can tell me how far is Guangzhou and Zhuhai airports from HKG in terms of travel times, mainly road or rail.? I 've been to Schenzen in 1991 and know its like another suburb of HKG.

The reason i ask is, its not long before these 3 airports of Guangdong province will be competing with HKG for the so called ''Scissor Networks''.
Prajay

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a Plan by AI.

Instead of having a BLR-SFO nonstop

AI is loooking for BLR-HKG-SFO

Very Happy Prajay
LAXDESI

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prajay wrote:
There is a Plan by AI.

Instead of having a BLR-SFO nonstop

AI is loooking for BLR-HKG-SFO

Very Happy Prajay

Good plan if flights are timed to UA/AC schedules at HKG. Next step is to offer daily non-stops from BOM/DEL to HKG, timed to connect to UA/AC flights.

This also might be a move by AI to preempt Jet from establishing a mini hub at HKG for flights to NA west coast.
Jaysit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess AI's looking at a BLR-HKG-SFO flight in lieu of a BLR-SFO nonstop because of the "Commander" shortage?

Silly airline.

Left hand doesn't know what the right hand's doing.
VABBy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think AI is already operating to HKG from DEL non stop. Besides my personal opinion is that indian cities are already underserved. With new flights being deployed by pvt indian carrier we might see a drop in the yields on BA,LH or SQ but then there are plenty of people who travel so the pax figures might not be hit.
G-BYGB

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are still seeing more demand from the operators for routes that are already well served, like LHR,SIN,FRA and middle east for examples.Most of the airlines serving these sectors are demanding for more flights, some of them want double dailies as well.

I think AI and 9W should focus on other metros apart from MUM and DEL. bcoz at the moment pax traveling from BLR,MAA and CCU have only one flight to choose, i.e to LHR,PAR and FRA.If they don't get the ticket they'll have to make a one stop to either MUM or DEL.

I feel AI,9W and other Indian carriers should start new flights to HKG from these cities rather than the traditional way of starting it from MUM or DEL.
Karan69

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VABBy wrote:
I think AI is already operating to HKG from DEL non stop. .

Yes, AFAIK, AI goes daily on HKG-DEL and 5x weekly on BOM-HKG, both very similar timings both non-stops on A310s

Karan
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Airliners-India.com Forum Index -> Civil Aviation All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: