Airliners-India.com Forum Index Airliners-India.com
Flickr Group & Facebook

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Important Notice: We regret to inform you that our free phpBB forum hosting service will be discontinued by the end of June 30, 2024. If you wish to migrate to our paid hosting service, please contact billing@hostonnet.com.
AI 77LR Seat Map

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Airliners-India.com Forum Index -> Civil Aviation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karan69

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:36 am    Post subject: AI 77LR Seat Map Reply with quote

Attached here, the seatmap for the new 777-200LR taken from the
latest AI timetable booklet,

A bit dissapointed by the 2-3-2 bussiness class layout

Karan
Birendra

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y disappointed sir?

Do any other carriers have the 2-2-2 in their 777-200?
Nimish

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Birendra wrote:

Birendra - I've posted some links/photos on A.net - http://www.airliners.net/discussions/general_aviation/read.main/3448985/#8

I don't have the energy to post the same links here, and hence providing a link to my response here Smile

But in summary - instead of innovating and coming up with something new or exciting. Another example of a 1-2-1 seating is in AI's backyard - that's 9W's new 77W:

After seeing 9W's new 77W layout, we were told that AI is changing their 77L's seats/layout. So I can only hope that this layout is based on their old plan!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ameya

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Birendra wrote:
Y disappointed sir?

SIA operates a few B777-200ER with 2-2-2 in bussiness
THese dont have First class.

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/images/company_info/eot/fleet_info/772/B777-200er.gif
karatecatman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AI still has to get out of this Russian era cattle cart mentality.
Still think they are transporting people to the Gulf en-masse.

Seat map of first class looks like first class cabins.
After the Jet Airways shocker, this should be the case.
Karan69

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nimish wrote:
So I can only hope that this layout is based on their old plan!

AFAIK this is from their timetable booklet, so idoubt it is old anymore.

Karan
Nimish

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karan69 wrote:
AFAIK this is from their timetable booklet, so idoubt it is old anymore.

With AI - it's always possible - their right hand does not seem to know what their left hand is doing!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HAWK21M

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully on Privatisation of AI,post merger.They get the right people in the Right positions & get that Airline back where it belongs on top.
AI has everything to be worldclass,just the right attitute.
regds
MEL
rutvij

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: About 34" as Standard ! (That's Quite an Improvement) Reply with quote

karatecatman wrote:
AI still has to get out of this Russian era cattle cart mentality.
Still think they are transporting people to the Gulf en-masse.

New input from the US exim Bank Presentation, AI's Y class will have one of the biggest Seat pitch in Aviation Industry!

About 34" as Standard ! (That's Quite an Improvement considering that they will lose atleast around 2-3 Rows of Seats on Each Flight. That's one Reason why they are Havin only 195 Seats on the 77Ls )

&

35" for Around 90 Lucky Pax on that Aircraft !

In Short, A Goody BAG kind of Gift for those Seats

Nimish wrote:
After seeing 9W's new 77W layout, we were told that AI is changing their 77L's seats/layout. So I can only hope that this layout is based on their old plan!

Hope this Comes true, but chances are very Bleak !
They can't go for the 9W kind of layout ( Herring Bone ) bcoz the Persues Pods that they have ordered have PTVs at Seat Backs for the Passenegr at the Back. So, No Herring Bone Config !! The only thing they can do is patronise a 2-2-2 Layout which means loss of Revenue (Atlaest 6 Seats if not more).
ameya

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ust off track..
I knew SQ operates 2-2-2 so posted that & curiously checked EK...

Well no surprises with bussiness class but yes with economy...

3-4-3 for T7s
AKLDELNonstop

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ameya wrote:
ust off track..
I knew SQ operates 2-2-2 so posted that & curiously checked EK...

Well no surprises with bussiness class but yes with economy...

3-4-3 for T7s

Mate thats quite a well known and often discussed fact. I personally cant comment because I havent sat on an a/c with such a config..but would like to hear the views of those who have.

Cheers
Karan69

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKLDELNonstop wrote:

Mate thats quite a well known and often discussed fact. I personally cant comment because I havent sat on an a/c with such a config..but would like to hear the views of those who have.

3 flights in them, not as bad as people sound it to be at all since the legroom is a comfortable 34 inch.

The only time you will find that uncomfortable is if you are a bit on the obese side--the seat width i think is 16.5-17. inches compared to that of 18.5 inches on a standard 3-3-3 layout.

Rutvij Quotes

Quote:

What rows will those be kind sir??

Quote:
They can't go for the 9W kind of layout ( Herring Bone ) bcoz the Persues Pods that they have ordered have PTVs at Seat Backs for the Passenegr at the Back. So, No Herring Bone Config !!

The persues Pod seats you refer to are they 180 degree lie flat or 160 degree angular flat like seen on the EK and SQ 345s

Karan
rutvij

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karan69 wrote:

What rows will those be kind sir??

Some Seats like First Row Seats and Some HandiCap seats will have These Seat Pitches!

Quote:
They can't go for the 9W kind of layout ( Herring Bone ) bcoz the Persues Pods that they have ordered have PTVs at Seat Backs for the Passenegr at the Back. So, No Herring Bone Config !!

The persues Pod seats you refer to are they 180 degree lie flat or 160 degree angular flat like seen on the EK and SQ 345s

Karan[/quote]

They are Lie flat Seats with an 8 degree inclination . But, thank god that these seats can be EASILY Configured for FULLY-Lie Flat Position with 0 Degree Inclination. Thats Complete LIe-Flat like F seats ! Ofcourse, they will Configure tham to Fully Lie-flat Positions to Compete with the likes of 9W B77W, LH, SIA and Company !

U can Check the Website & See it for URself : www.aviointeriors.it

U will see 2 Configurations for these Persues Seats! (0 and 8 degree)
karatecatman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So no change as far as this seat is concerned.
Not new generation.
And there was a thread on this ages ago!!!!
The seating for the 777 and 737-800s.
Jaysit

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Air India is a business and has to make money.

What do you people expect them to do? Give Y passengers 34" pitch and also put in a 6-abreast 777 J class configuration, or a VS/9W style 4-abreast pod config.?

Their 7-abreast 2-3-2 J class configuration is no different than what most carriers provide in J on a 777 including Air France, KLM, PIA, EK, Alitalia, AA, UA, CO, etc. The list goes on. And most of the above carriers with a few exceptions provide a perfectly acceptable product in J.

And remember that AI is not only competing with Jet. It's primary competitors to Europe and North America are BA and LH.

For once, AI are distinguishing themselves from the pack by providing a top of the line F product, and a much-welcomed comfortable Y Class product, while delivering a standard J class config. thats in line with industry standards. Something's gotta give.
Birendra

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Nimish

Thanks for the link
Nimish

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaysit wrote:

Their 7-abreast 2-3-2 J class configuration is no different than what most carriers provide in J on a 777 including Air France, KLM, PIA, EK, Alitalia, AA, UA, CO, etc.

Uh, not quite. Of those quoted:

2-3-2 - AF, KL, UA , EK, AA, PK

But:
2-2-2 - AZ, CO, DL

I think the point is that the LR is for an ULH configuration - so deserves a slightly premium seating layout, and given PP's talk about the new AI aspiring to be a leader in the region, I don't see that coming out in their actions.

If a full-fare paying J traveller was to fly non-stop NYC-BOM, is there any particular reason he would prefer AI's J (2-3-2) over the competition (2-2-2 with both DL and CO)? Or is your impression that the 2-3-2 seating will in fact be more comfortable than a 2-2-2 seating, and that J passengers don't mind being in a middle seat?

Jay - I didn't quite get your point here.
himmat01

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am surprised AI has opted for 2-3-2 in it's ULH J class. Even the B742s had a 2-2-2 seating in J class when it had the J class on the main deck in the 1980s.

Instead of increasing it's standards, AI seems bent on lowering it.
rutvij

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Hey Guys, Why are heating up over the Seat Configuration ??? Reply with quote

Hey Guys, Why are heating up over the Seat Configuration ???

What actually matters is the Seat Width ! The Thread should Probably revolve around this Factor !

Coming to the Point ---->> Even though Many Airlines all over the World have the 2-3-2 or 2-2-2 Config, the Seats in AI's J class will be slightly Unique which might just tilt things in AI's favour. One of the Most Striking Feature will be --- the Handrests will be Fully Collapsible. This means that the Handrest will Come down to the Plane of the Seat when the Seat gets Flat providing much more SEAT WIDTH than competing 2-3-2 Config Airlines and even Giving Good Competition to 2-2-2 Config Airlines !
Jaysit

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nimish wrote:
Jaysit wrote:

Their 7-abreast 2-3-2 J class configuration is no different than what most carriers provide in J on a 777 including Air France, KLM, PIA, EK, Alitalia, AA, UA, CO, etc.

Uh, not quite. Of those quoted:

2-3-2 - AF, KL, EK,
But:
2-2-2 - DL, CO, AZ

I think the point is that the LR is for an ULH configuration - so deserves a slightly premium seating layout, and given PP's talk about the new AI aspiring to be a leader in the region, I don't see that coming out in their actions.

If a full-fare paying J traveller was to fly non-stop NYC-BOM, is there any particular reason he would prefer AI's J (2-3-2) over the competition (2-2-2 with both DL and CO)? Or is your impression that the 2-3-2 seating will in fact be more comfortable than a 2-2-2 seating, and that J passengers don't mind being in a middle seat?

Jay - I didn't quite get your point here.

Well, the point here is that an airline however much it wants to be a leader, etc etc etc, also has to make money. And to do that they must optimize their formula for making money. CO, DL and AZ (for which I stand corrected), provide a 2-2-2 configuration in their one and only premium product (they have no F product) by giving their Y class pax a crappy seat pitch. They also have seats that aren't the shell type seats.

On the other hand, look at an airline like MH, which has a superb J Class product on their 777s but at a 2-3-2 configuration in J and an excellent Y Class product as well at 34" pitch. Which is just what AI is providing. Would a Business traveller rather fly MH's longhaul 777 over DL, CO, or AZ's 2-2-2 777 product? I can't speak for everyone, but I think I can speak for myself when I say yes, I would. Would I take AF over DL, CO, or AZ? Yes.

And then look at the mighty EK which everyone loves in all classes of travel. They're extremely stingy when it comes to their J Class. Its not only 7-abreast on their 777s, but also on their A332s. And their 777s are 10 abreast, not 9 in Y. But how do they overcome these seeming deficiencies? By providing a high standard of inflight service, which I hope AI can do as well.

As I said, something's gotta give. You can't provide a 9-abreast 34" configuration for your Y Class passengers (who are the bulk of your passengers) and not make up for it somewhere else.
Nimish

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey Guys, Why are heating up over the Seat Configuration Reply with quote

rutvij wrote:
This means that the Handrest will Come down to the Plane of the Seat when the Seat gets Flat providing much more SEAT WIDTH

Ooh - I just hope this feature is optional and not a part of making the seat flat. I can't imagine trying to sleep with the neighbour on both sides rolling over to my seat (without the handrest in the middle) Confused Now if I had Ms. India as my seat neighbour, I would love it if there were no handrest Very Happy
rutvij

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey Guys, Why are heating up over the Seat Configuration Reply with quote

Nimish wrote:
rutvij wrote:
This means that the Handrest will Come down to the Plane of the Seat when the Seat gets Flat providing much more SEAT WIDTH

Ooh - I just hope this feature is optional and not a part of making the seat flat. I can't imagine trying to sleep with the neighbour on both sides rolling over to my seat (without the handrest in the middle) Confused Now if I had Ms. India as my seat neighbour, I would love it if there were no handrest Very Happy

Oh Nimish, Don't Worry !

They will still have Another Separation after the Handrest. That Will take care of Ur Worries. I am sure U won't get a chance to have Richard branson like DOUBLE or (Triple) BED thoughts ! Wink

I am surprised u haven't looked at the Seats fully or rather Carefully . Pls Check the Post where the Seat Pics were posted. Check the Flat Bed Position Images ! OR www.aviointeriors.it
Regards.
747-237

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, does anyone have the 9W 773 (77W) seat map, that NOT real tiny ? Thanks
avbuff

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.jetairways.com/Cultures/en-US/Other/About+Us/Fleet+Information/

FYI it has 8 F 30 J 274Y
747-237

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks avbuff. Any idea at what row Y class starts on the 9W 77W?
avbuff

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think it starts from 26 and goes till 61 or 62 .. not sure
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Airliners-India.com Forum Index -> Civil Aviation All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: