Airliners-India.com Forum Index Airliners-India.com
Flickr Group & Facebook

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

To the United States I go! A final flight with SriLankan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airliners-India.com Forum Index -> Trip Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbalonso777

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:11 am    Post subject: To the United States I go! A final flight with SriLankan Reply with quote

INTRODUCTION
Hello everyone!
And welcome.
To a trip report which involves a hop across the pond!

Now, straight down to business: maybe I’ve mentioned it before, maybe I haven’t - but I decided, long before my Hong Kong trip in 2015 that I’d be pursuing an aviation major in the University of North Dakota. So that means, going to the USA, of course. (Although the HKG trip was indeed to evaluate universities there!)

THE FLIGHTS
Procrastination between October 2014 and January 2015 meant only one thing: the various combinations to the US!
Straight to Grand Forks (GFK) on Air France and Delta?
Or a slightly cheaper option to Fargo (FAR) on the British Airways B787 and American Airlines B767 and E145?
Hmm, but the UA option looked good too: Lufthansa’s B744 and B748i, followed by a United E145.

Chicago is the only major airport closest to GFK (Minneapolis is not that big), so I looked at the number of airlines to get there on: 9W (via LHR or AUH), AI, EK, EY, QR, AF, LH, OS, AY, UA, CX, BA, to name a few. This would be followed by the AMTRAK Empire Builder Superliner service from Chicago Union station straight to Grand Forks.
It was looking more and more likely I’d be flying: Cathay Pacific Airways! Imagine the horror!!!!

BUT OVER TIME...
The folks’ wanted to do an Alaska cruise with me. So I immediately ruled out an ORD arrival. And for the above flights, I assumed my parents’ would move straight back to India after my exams (so I looked at BOM, DEL, MAA, BLR, etc as origins). I didn’t take into account that I’d be staying in Colombo (CMB) itself prior to leaving to the US.

Options quickly narrowed down: and to be honest, surprisingly, I’d be making a return on the airline which I’ve thought as always expensive: Emirates!
It was a bittersweet feeling for me as I’d be on a Boeing 777-300ER after nearly 3 years and a nice long 16 hour A380 flight, but sadness because this would've been a good chance to try out a new airline…

EMIRATES IT IS! BUT THEN...
After taking note of return Colombo-San Francisco-Colombo fares, I looked at one way fares. And they were almost the same as the return fare! Shocked
That’s when I said to myself: hang on, if I can find out a cheap fare out of India, meet my folks on the Dubai - San Francisco A380.... I can make the best of the situation!

Emirates flies to 10 destinations in India, and all served by wide body aircraft. A check on the fare - less than 2/3rds of a CMB-SFO one way fare! I also had enough JPMiles for a CMB-BOM Jet flight, and any LCC from there to the origin in question would do. Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Kochi, Kolkata, Calicut, Trivandrum. All origins with similar prices. But only one had the cheapest fare.
Kolkata.
Kolkata it was. Home.
I would be flying from Kolkata to San Francisco, how about that for something sensational!
I could've been on 2 A380s had I gone through Mumbai, but the prospect of an old A330-200 made me excited (which have made some people quite surprised!)

So to get to Kolkata, I booked on:
9W251 CMB BOM 29JUL15 2135 0015+1 B73H (with miles)
9W2484 BOM CCU 30JUL15 0245 0525 B73H
BOM-CCU I got a very good under Rs3.5k deal during Jet's Republic Day sale, so win win situation!

JET CHANGES THEIR FLIGHT TIMES A LOT, DON'T THEY?
Indeed.
2010 onwards Jet would send me many emails telling me that flights have been reschulded by 15-20 minutes (or 5 minutes!!!), or have been changed from Konnect to Jet Airways, etc. Didn't bother me much. But this was quite an anti-climax, what happened. They preponed 9W484 by 45 minutes! Giving me only 1hr45min to clear immigration, pick up bags, change terminals, check in and board another plane. In Mumbai. Nope, impossible.

Furious recalculations followed. I really wanted to try out a Jet domestic red eye fight. I decided to keep 9W251 CMB-BOM as is:
CMB-BOM-DEL-CCU? On the 0300 hours BOM departure?
Or CMB-BOM-HYD on Jet (red eye domestic, again), followed by (Ch)IndiGo.
Then there was MAA, but I felt it was pointless to come back halfway between Colombo and Mumbai Razz

So that's when I was advised by Abhijeeth: okay how about canceling 9W251, get those miles back, and rebook CMB-BOM?
A close friend's Dad is a commander for the A330s and A340s on SriLankan Airlines. And, ever since the new government has come into power, a new board of directors has been appointed, one of which include my neighbors! Because of this, I decided that's morally right to like UL, and hence, my last flight out of Sri Lanka would indeed be my last flight on SriLankan. This option felt right. I went for the afternoon flight, which was an A330! Even better.

SO FINALLY, THE FLIGHTS...
Okay, finally. The flights:
For Mum and Dad:
Emirates EK349 Colombo (dep: 0315) to Dubai (arr: 0600) 31st July 2015 Boeing 777-300ER
Emirates EK225 Dubai (dep: 0820) to San Francisco (arr: 1330) 31st July 2015 Airbus A380-800

^^ I could've done that but here goes me:
SriLankan UL127 Colombo (dep: 1335) to Chennai (arr: 1505) 29th July 2015 Airbus A330-200 (4R-ALG)
Jet Airways 9W470 Chennai (dep: 1940) to Mumbai (arr: 2140) 29th July 2015 Boeing 737-800W
Jet Airways 9W484 Mumbai (dep: 0200) to Kolkata (arr: 0435) 30th July 2015 Boeing 737-800W
(Finally) Emirates EK573 Kolkata (dep: 2030) to Dubai (arr: 0005) 30th July 2015 Airbus A330-200
Emirates EK225 Dubai (dep: 0820) to San Francisco (arr: 1330) 31st July 2015 Airbus A380-800.

I later changed the 9W470 flight to the earlier 9W468 flight, which was done without a hitch. However, that was operated by a non-HGW B737-800. Ah well.

I had decided back in April 2015 that 4R-ALG would take me to Chennai. A repeat registration Sad I figured this out due to the unique configuration I had seen onboard this plane while flying in from Paris to Colombo in early July 2014: there was one huge wheelchair friendly toilet which meant seats 35H and 35K are non-existsant. 4R-ALG came in to the fleet in 2010, from BMI.

4R-ALG's seat map

Most other A330-200 in SriLankan's fleet

CHECK IN
I did something that I usually didn't do prior to my previous SriLankan Airlines flights: mobile check in. 24 hours prior to my flight, I downloaded the mobile app and did my thing. The app worked perfectly, something that didn't happen since the last time I tried. 'Ayubowan, Mr Jishnu Basu' said the welcome page. I was SEQ1, which was an absolutely awesome way to start off proceedings.

THE FINAL 24 HOURS
So of course, I was down to my last 24 hours in Colombo, and what a rollercoaster it has been! From the initial excitement in 2011 to completely disliking the place from 2012 to 2014, to absolutely adoring this wonderful island. But as is life, four years on, it was time to move on to University, the most exciting stage of life. Regroup and rejuvenate, a clean slate.
The last week, like I said in the last part, I no longer was a resident, but a tourist. As much I wanted to go on a train ride along the island, a last trip to Yala, the beaches, Nuwara Eliya... There simply was no time! What was done earlier, was done.
I therefore stayed over at friends' places, ate my favourite Sri Lankan dish - Kotthu roti, went to my favourite restaurant Lagoon at the Cinnamon Grand, which ended up on an interesting note thanks to a Long Island Ice Tea.

In terms of Formula One, I got the perfect goodbye - Sebastian Vettel took a cool, calm and commanding win at the Hungarian Grand Prix when he took the lead at the start... And drama unfolded behind him: drivers crashing into each other, cars breaking down (Vettel's team mate Kimi Raikkonen was running second, for a perfect Ferrari 1-2 before his car broke down Sad )

I won't get into the emotional part because yeah, it was quite bad. Rolling Eyes

THE DAY!
29th of July 2015. A day I was not at all looking forward to. It started off as a royal mess: I was far from finishing packing. It was a mad rush back at home. In fact, it was so bad that I couldn't even take Dobby for a last walk in Sri Lanka. At around 1030 hours, it was time to leave my house, one last time. Many memories were right in there. Going through the traffic took a while due to some jams. I didn't mind it at all. Once at the Expressway, I asked for the windows to be down, experiencing the wonderful atmosphere in the country I spent a good part of my life in.

The last picture I took of him. I couldn't see him properly because of the waterfall of tears rolling down my eyes.. He thought I was heading just for another one of my long 10+ day trips....little did he know I won't be returning for long...

We had to be stopped in the toll gate because Prime Ministerial candidate Ranil Wickramasinghe was passing by! Truly awesome! Rounding the final turns of the Airport Expressway, on to the approach road one last time, we passed by the many SriLankan Airlines planes parked, preparing for its afternoon bank of departures to various places.

The approach to Bandaranayke International Airport..

1137 hours. I was greeted by the many people who came to see off their loved ones: it was going to be a long time before they returned back home after working hard in the middle east. For me, it was time to say goodbye to Sri Lanka, and move on. Moving on is a simple thing, but what it leaves behind is hard. I hugged my friends one last time, it was time to head in for another flight. Not one that I was looking forward to, at all.

I walked in very slowly, taking in whatever I could. Passed the new shops that have opened: Dialog, Dilmah, you name it, the brands there pretty much defined Sri Lanka within those two hundred meters.

CHECK IN
Unlike the majority of my departures out of Sri Lanka, rather than turning to the left in the main terminal, I headed straight on: the SriLankan Airlines check in area. I was in the online check in baggage drop line at 1144 hours. There were some very very long lines, of course, with this being the afternoon bank of departures in full swing. Despite this, I didn't have to wait very long. I was called to a mobile check in desk (where in there was a computer and the printers, in a small space), and I was checked in pretty quickly. Props to the SriLankan ground staff for a good start! However, my minor gripe is that I had to walk about a few meters to the baggage belt and drop it off there. No issues for me, luggage was only 16kgs. I asked for a fragile tag for the bag, simply because I wanted it. I was told that the flight would depart from Gate B1. A remote boarding for a wide body flight! Very Happy
That hasn't happened since 2012, courtesy Emirates. Smile

IMMIGRATION, NON-EXISTENT SPOTTING
Immigration took a while. No problem for someone who was just soaking in whatever was around. What I did find surprising was the fact that there were many passengers with Emirates boarding passes! The fifth freedom Colombo - Singapore flight looked full! Awesome if Emirates are making this work out, unlike some Hong Kong based airline who failed spectacularly and pulled out. Wink

Immigration

A pretty standard immigration, which was done without any fuss. I barely had around forty-five minutes, but I still went up to the Palm Strips Restaurant, one last time. All planes around were mostly of SriLankan Airlines, obviously. And they were showing off ALL they had! From the new A330-300, to the old A340-300, to the small A320, they were all there! My slim hope of recording a new registration fell to zero when I saw 4R-ALG and 4R-ALC parked side by side, the A330s that took me from Colombo to Paris and back in June/July 2014.

There is 4R-ALG, once again...good to see you again buddy!

Embarked....

I looked away from the tarmac. I put my dark glasses on as a precaution to any awkward moment that could've happened (cue - crying). I received no less than eight phone calls as people bid goodbye to me. I was becoming very very unhappy because reality was striking me hard. The school I went to really made a huge difference, and people from my grade and a few grades below called up, or even people who had left school.... I ordered a high flyer club sandwich, one last time.

Emirates' EK348 from Dubai had come in, and would later head to Singapore with the same flight number. The following day's EK348 DXB-CMB-SIN would return as EK349 SIN-CMB, and take Mum and Dad to Dubai.

SECURITY AND BOARDING - SUSPICIOUS SIGNS?
I headed downstairs for the gate B1 departure - my first time from these gates. UL866 to Shanghai was from gate B2, presumably 4R-ALC. Security did involve removing of shoes as usual, however, with the new equipment I had on, it got a bit tricky Razz
Towards B1 I went, I got my boarding pass torn off, receiving only the stub. 'Have a great flight Mr. Basu' said the nice lady. I waited in the gate area.

While messages poured in on the WhatsApp group wishing me a great flight and a great future ahead (by the way, once again, thanks so much guys. It really means a lot!), Ojas (or member avbuff around here) messaged me some rather suspicious instructions for the Kolkata - Dubai flight the next day. Long story short - I had to be decently dressed. No problem with that, but I was just puzzled as to why I was being told that. I would find out a few hours later.

Organized and strictly enforced boarding began at 1255 hours. Not very long lines had formed, suggesting a light flight. First the Business class pax, then the priority members, and then zone wise boarding. Zone C for me.
I boarded the bus as I was wished yet another great flight by the ground staff.

I was fortunate to be right up against the windshield of the bus, and it was a special feel. I found a plane which was in lockdown, could the proper avgeeks identify this?

????

This is perhaps the most SriLankan picture I have ever taken....the weather was awesome!

The Airbus A330 is a beautiful plane.

The two SriLankan Airlines A330s that I've been on stood side by side. They looked beautiful in the sunny day. The doors opened, and I set my foot on Sri Lankan soil one last time. 1308 hours, my left foot hit the stairs, that was it. I was now off Sri Lanka, waiting for a plane to take me out of this wonderful island, one last time. I had kept my passport and boarding pass away, so I couldn't show it to the flight attendant, who gave me a very warm welcome! She directed me towards my seat. ALG had not been refurbished, and its no surprise because I expect this to be phased out pretty soon, after the Airbus A340s.

I sat down on my seat 34A. There was a pillow placed on my seat. The cabin filled up, but only very slowly. The usual clicker-count the passengers count was done, seat 34B was empty. Yes! The flight wasn't too full, just about 70% odd. The cabin crew were very cheerful, something I have found to be of common occurrence.

NO NO NO I DON'T WANT TO GO!

DEPARTURE
The Captain came over the PA system to brief us on the flight details - it would be a quick one hour flight to Chennai, and a very smooth flight at 35000 feet. Welcome announcements followed in Sinhala, and then English. This was the last time I'd hear Sinhala, and it brought a smile on my face. Stairs pulled out at 1332 hours, pushback began almost instantly as the two Rolls Royce Trent 772B-60 were brought into life. The lovely animated safety video was shown, with the addicting song playing in the background. You know you're flying on SriLankan while that plays!

Safety demo

The Madurai flight!

And the Beijing flight

A rather sedate taxi followed, while refreshing towellets were handed out. Its things like this (and menu cards on the longer flights) that take SriLankan ahead of airlines like Jet And AI from the same part of the world.
Departing from Runway 22, the same way I flew in the first time I arrived back in 2011, at 1343 hours, full power was applied to the Rolls Royce engines as they made a beautiful whine, we were off the ground very very early! I take the terminal as a reference point, and we were in the skies much before that! 1343 hours, goodbye Sri Lanka. I saw a Saudia B747, which was great!

Oh Sri Lanka...

INFLIGHT
We started banking way too soon! I couldn't see the Negombo Lagoon properly, one last time Sad
A smooth climb to 35000 feet followed. In flight entertainment was not turned on for this short flight, which is fine, however, the center screens was showing the flight details, progress, UL adverts, etc, which is awesome. At 1355 hours, I had my meal in front of me.

It was a vegetable biriyani, similar to that I had on UL171 CMB-BLR a few years ago, a meal that made me dislike UL. However, this was different. This was simply so much better! The tastes were well balanced throughout, while it was served at the right temperature. Along with this, was a proper dessert, rather than a tacky yogurt. The dessert really was...amazing. It was a traditional Sri Lankan dessert made of kithul jaggery and tapioca sago, garnished with raisins. As I had that, I had some flashbacks. Flashbacks of my first trip to Kithulgala in 2012, the heart of Sri Lanka's supply of kithul jaggery...I had flashbacks of tasting so many kithul based desserts that my maid would make.... I was leaving behind all of this....

I kept looking out of the window. Despite the scratches, I could see the amazing island as I flew past it on an A330. A juice run was conducted, followed by hot beverages (tea and coffee), and what followed next was truly remarkable, which earned SriLankan Airlines more brownie points from me: a beer run! On such a short flight! And that too, three different brands! Carlsberg, Heineken and Lion Lager. While all three are brewed in Sri Lanka itself, I thought it would be fitting to have my first alcoholic drink on a plane that was my last flight out of Sri Lanka that has its genes based in Sri Lanka: Lion Lager it was for me!

As I sipped on my beer, I saw what clearly was the Gulf of Mannar and the Palk Strait. It was 1407 hours. I was seeing the last of Sri Lanka. Four years of some beautiful memories flew by... It had come to an end much too soon.

What was also coming to an end, was the flight itself.

Thank you, Sri Lanka, and good bye!
You've been awesome in every way. Except your cricket team, we're much better than you muhahahaha Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Handed out before take off

What I've left behind....

DESCENT AND ARRIVAL
Descent started at 1413 hours and it was pretty rapid! Seatbelt signs came on as the cabin was secured. We came in for a standard Runway 25 arrival. 4R-ALG touched down at Chennai at 1440 hours, a whole 25 minutes before time. No Sinhala announcement was made Sad

Obligatory winglet shot Smile

Flaps haven't been set to zero!

Just the three of us..

It was strange to see such a quiet Chennai Airport - Just an AI A321, an IX B73H and a BZ B752, that’s all. Engines out at 1445, doors were disarmed. All passengers lined up to get off the plane. I waited, and embraced the last of Sri Lanka…which was on a plane. I was one of the last ones to get off.

Waiting till the end...

Goodbye, 34A!

The purser encouraged an old man to talk to the door by saying - ‘Just a few more steps, you can make it..come on!’ This was awesome. Like I said, the last of Sri Lanka on a plane…this was SriLankan Hospitality at its finest! The purser also asked the ground staff if we had come in from the St. Thomas’ Mount side - he knew Chennai rather well! I thanked the crew members for a wonderful flight, and stepped out of 4R-ALG.

The flag....goodbye, SriLankan Airlines!

SriLankan ground staff...that's interesting.

Surprisingly, we were taken in to the new terminal! it was good, while it lasted…because immigration and baggage claim still happens only in the old terminal. VT-EXA, the first A320 with sharklets pulled in to the old international terminal. The crowd were dispersed around the terminal as most of the passengers were non-India, so forms had to be filled (those were handed out by the staff at the aerobridge on arrival at Chennai).

Immigration was quick due to the nonexistent line, which was awesome! I headed downstairs to the luggage claim, belt 3 for us. My bag took quite some time to arrive which got me a bit worried, but it was all good. I noticed the luggage tags - many bags had UL226 (Dubai - Colombo) and UL230 (Kuwait - Colombo) tags on them! Interesting that SriLankan Airlines is a popular choice for passengers from Dubai and Kuwait to Chennai, despite the long wait at Colombo! I saw SEQ numbers up to 176 (out of 254 seats), suggesting the flight was barely three quarters full.

Customs was pretty quick as well, as I exited into a rather empty Chennai Airport arrivals…of course, the old domestic terminal is closed.. but it was pretty quiet.

Forum member Rakesh advised me of a meeting point close to Gate 1 of the new domestic terminal. I met up with him and Sherill, as we talked about mostly planes sat outside the domestic departures of Chennai Airport. It was still pretty unbelievebale for me - my time at Sri Lanka had ended. I had to make myself believe that I wasn’t going to take another flight back to Colombo in a few days, it had all come to an end.

SriLankan Airlines, you’ve been a pleasure to fly with. You’re now certainly one of my top picks for airlines, despite starting off on the wrong foot.
As the purser said right at the beginning - we will make sure you enjoy the best of Sri Lankan hospitality on board with us today. He was right. From a smiling crew, to a very helpful crew, to some amazing food, a commendable beverage selection, (and even the ground staff!) to the little things like a pillow on each seat and refreshing towels, I knew this flight was something special, and cheers to SriLankan Airlines for putting up a good show.

Regards
Jish
sumantra

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha, the moment Jishnu posts a trip report, look at the bean counters go up, wildly! Jishnu, this simply shows how much we love reading your trip reports, and looking forward to the ones in the pipeline. And needless to add, most of us here have been waiting for this one. Why? You have discussed the routing, and the route planning issues with many of us. Many of us have thought about it at least, if not given you any helpful suggestions. The route planning for this trip involved so many intermediate points, and so many parameters, that it is really a wonder you were able to work out an optimal solution which would suit the entire family: kudos to you for that!

I am also glad to be SEQ01 in posting a reply, much like your UL A332 flight.

The 9W cancellation of an award ticket: I am glad it went off `without a hitch', as you wrote. Did you do it through the call centre, or over email, referring to Jet's email heralding the advancement in the time of their CMB flight?
Ace planner Abhijeeth's useful advice: great!
You are one real avgeek: you remember the configuration of a specific A332! Amazing!
jbalonso777 wrote:
ended up on an interesting note thanks to a Long Island Ice Tea
Very Happy
Dobby's touching expression: he will look forward to your next trip to India as much as you will. The windmilling tail (to borrow your expression, and set it back at you) will welcome you back in Calcutta like nothing else.
jbalonso777 wrote:
Moving on is a simple thing, but what it leaves behind is hard
Beautifully put, Sir. I think we have seen emotions of all colours in your rainbow-hued trip reports, this is a mini-expression of life itself, and perhaps what makes life all worth it, with the cheer, and hope!
The Palm Strip restaurant and the High Flyer Cllub Sandwich...we have seen the best of BIAL Colombo from your TRs.

The plane in the lockdown is an An-8 `Camp', a precursor to the more popular An-12

Lovely spotting from BIAL in the great light!
Nice picture of the SG Q4 dwarfed by the A332's winglet.
The biriyAnI and Kithul dessert, yes, we remember these items being discussed here. Very nice!
Lovely winglet shots, as usual.
How was the Lion lager? I've never had this one.
The touching gesture by the purser to the elderly gentleman: trust you to notice some of life's finer points, and share them with us.
MAA: so I guess, this would be the first time the MAA new international arrivals part is being described on this forum. This makes me look forward to an international connector to MAA, on my next visit.
It was great that you got to meet Rakesh and Sherill. These mini AI.net meets emphasise that friendships these days can be over non-traditional media as well. I am glad for human links going forward with technology.
I ha a long breakfast today, for obvious reasons, soaking in the atmosphere, and putting myself in your position. Thank you. We look forward to the next parts, eagerly!
Cheers, Sumantra.
ameya

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice TR JiB

The pic of Dobby, a lot of SriLankan birds and the seats which reminded me of KF for some reason.

Never say never. . so this may not be your final flight with UL !
jbalonso777

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sumantra sir, thanks so much for your lovely words! It sure is encouraging to read all of this Smile
I have cut down on the planning parts in recent TRs, but this well and truly took the cake, I just HAD to talk about it! Very Happy

I did mean it went without any problems, sir. I hit the cancel button online, and then not even 12 hours later, the 11500 miles were returned, 500 deducted for cancellation.
I can't wait to go back home in not too long from now, and with that, a quick hop to Sri Lanka as well! Very Happy

And thanks to your knowledge, once again, I spot a rare bird in CMB, only to be confirmed by you!

In my very limited beer knowledge, I can tell you that the Lion Lager was actually much better than the Budweiser (the regular one) that I tried a few nights ago. SL beer is up there with India's Kingfisher as one of the strongest!

I also realized that too much has been discussed about the new arrivals at Chennai...so here you are! Very Happy

I will put up the next part up soon...very soon!

Ameya sir, thanks so much for your lovely words!
I'm surprised some aspects of my TR triggered some memories in you!
Since UL and MJ are same same (but different, but still same!), I guess I will be flying UL very soon! Very Happy

Regards
Jish
stealthpilot

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- Loadmaster made you dress up Laughing
- the UL 330 IFE looks as outdated as the EK ones
- I was going to say the aircraft looked like an Antonov but sumantra would probably know Wink

- Thanks for the TR ..... next one on the way back?
jbalonso777

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stealthpilot wrote:
- Loadmaster made you dress up Laughing

Kinda yeah Rolling Eyes Embarassed

stealthpilot wrote:
- the UL 330 IFE looks as outdated as the EK ones

In Y at least, yup. ALG its on its way out pretty soon!

stealthpilot wrote:
- Thanks for the TR ..... next one on the way back?

2 more Jet TRs, 2 more on your lovely airline, 4 more on Delta, 2 each on Alaska and Southwest.... Embarassed Thanks for reading!

Jish
jbalonso777

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all! Here are the videos (including the video TR) for this flight:

Start up: https://youtu.be/fmwz5_jHjas
Take off (a very quick one, and you'll see a Saudia B747...just about): https://youtu.be/AB4a3gmNLIk
Landing: https://youtu.be/07SpBf0iWsQ

Video Trip Report: https://youtu.be/rryJmzzUay8

Regards
Wish
The_Goat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbalonso777 wrote:
Hey all! Here are the videos (including the video TR) for this flight:

Start up: https://youtu.be/fmwz5_jHjas
Take off (a very quick one, and you'll see a Saudia B747...just about): https://youtu.be/AB4a3gmNLIk
Landing: https://youtu.be/07SpBf0iWsQ

Video Trip Report: https://youtu.be/rryJmzzUay8

Regards
Wish

Thanks, shall check them out.

So how has life in the US been so far? Enjoying yourself?
jbalonso777

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Goat wrote:
Thanks, shall check them out.

So how has life in the US been so far? Enjoying yourself?

Thanks so much!
Life in the USA (my city basically in the middle of no where...) has been surprisingly good! Other than the cold, of course....

Regards
Jish
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airliners-India.com Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: