Airliners-India.com Forum Index Airliners-India.com
Flickr Group & Facebook

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

An International Transit with 9W: BOM-MAA-CMB (pics/vids)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airliners-India.com Forum Index -> Trip Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbalonso777

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: An International Transit with 9W: BOM-MAA-CMB (pics/vids) Reply with quote

Link to previous TR: http://airlinersindia.s4.bizhat.com/viewtopic.php?p=115709#115709

First of all, I hope I’m not making it boring with so many of my TR’s!

INTRODUCTION
Packing was about to start, my dog was away. It was time for us to leave for starting a new stage in our life: Colombo. For once, we decided not to take the direct flight from Mumbai to Colombo. Instead, we had to go via MAA because we knew we needed a night’s sleep after 2 tiring days. So, just about 6 days before our departure day, we booked ourselves on 9W-481 to Chennai (Dad has gone on this flight before, once on a 738 and then on a 73H) which departed at 1105 and arrived Chennai at 1245. Our next flight was 9W-252 to Colombo (sure shot 73H), leaving at 1830 which meant a 5 hours transit at Chennai. We were so badly delayed for leaving; I missed a brilliant opportunity to see this:

Well, only Dad could.

THE SADDEST PRE-DEPARTURE DAY
As packing took place at home, 24 hours before departure, I went to an Internet parlor nearby to Web-Check in for the 2 flights. The seat map for 9W-481 showed only 27 rows. I felt the page hadn’t loaded properly, so I waited. But, it was true. 9W-481 was being operated by a Boeing 737-700! That would be my second flight on Boeing’s ‘Baby Bus’ this year! But, looking at 9W’s 73G seat map, you really can’t know if the aircraft will have PTV’s or not, because the old and the new 73G’s have the same configuration. So, I selected seat 18F for me, and 15E and 15F for Mum and Dad. And for the other flight, seat 20A for me, 18A and 18C for Mum and Dad. So, I spent my last afternoon in my favourite hangout: Phoenix Mills. And, there was no better way to finish it: WITH TWO FORMULA ONE CARS ON DISPLAY! Oh, thank you Mercedes AMG and Lotus Renault for doing this! I also won a Renault t-shirt, and close to winning one from Mercedes.

CHECK IN, SECURITY, PRE-BOARDING
We sure had a lot of luggage with us! 20 kilos for 3 of us, which is a total of 60, but we sure did have a lot more! We bid good bye to everyone, and set off for the CSI Airport for one last time as residents of Mumbai.

Under construction ATC tower..

We reached the airport at 0930, just when the rush hour was about to get over. Before entering the check in area, I saw that our flight would leave from Gate A4, which meant Terminal 1C, a first time for me!

Departures Gate 2, Terminal 1B, for S2, 9W-K and 9W. Curbside.

Entrance to check in area...

Premiere check in line because of Dad’s Jet Privilege Gold status. But check in took a long time because of our excess luggage. We luckily didn’t have to pay much for excess luggage: 15 kgs extra for Silver status, 10 kgs extra for Jet Airways Citi Bank credit card, and so 25 kgs there. In all, we had to pay only for 15 kgs extra luggage.

Check in..

But because of their credit card, they got 2 lounge invitations, meaning that I would be alone in both the terminals! Meanwhile, we had a debate whether or not to take my guitar in the cabin. I told the agent that if it would be possible to block the seats beside me in my row. But she told that the flight was full. So, with no option, I had to put my guitar in the baggage hold, so I had to go and get it screened separately.

Special security for the guitar..

SpiceJet check in as seen from the special security screening..

As Dad got the money paid, I asked the F/A’s if there were PTV’s on the flight or not. She said it was a 73G, and it was a full fare flight, so it SHOULD be there. Now this question was to be answered only at the boarding gate. We went through the brand new Terminal and finished security pretty fast.

Security..

About 1 hour before departure, we took our seats in front of the gate. Terminal 1C is a place where you can freely take photos. VT-KFL, Kingfisher A320 at gate A3 to Bengaluru, VT-WAM GO Air A320 to Delhi and Patna our Gate, A4, were the nearest activity. I was too lazy to get up and click photos of other aircraft. Many aircraft passed by, (let the photos do the talking!) and VT-WAM and VT-KFL left in quick succession.

Terminal 1C view..

At around 1030, it was certain that our flight would have a slight delay, which was good news for us, because we wouldn’t have to spend atleast half an hour of our long transit. Just then, a Jet Airways 73G, without winglets, VT-JNS arrived. Then I had a conversation with myself: “It’s going towards Terminal 1B, not our aircraft! (JNS turns towards 1C) Oh no! I didn’t see the extra taxiway! Well, wait! It is going towards the other gates in 1C, it has missed the turning point….NO!!! Its turning towards us!” VT-JNS was our aircraft. Some more activity took place, but my camera was already showing signs of low battery.

I decided to go to the wash room, just before boarding. As I walked by, I got a text from Dad: ‘You will regret if you miss this opportunity! You can hold on for some time!’

Is that what I controlled my pee for? No, THAT'S NO BEAST!! Razz

I came back…and I saw a mighty beast arriving from London: VT-JEK, Boeing 777-300ER of Jet Airways had arrived!

Because of the brilliant designed terminal and brilliantly coloured glass, I couldn't get a perfect shot. Oh well, I was happy with I got, at least.

I then remembered, this was the afternoon London race! BA, IT and AI flights were scheduled to arrive from London. If it was 2 years ago, a VS 346 would’ve also joined in the race. When I went to the washroom, I asked Dad to keep an eye on the tarmac, because IT was the next scheduled to arrive.

BOARDING
Boarding had started by the time I came back, and there was already a long queue waiting to board. So I stood in line. It must’ve taken at least 15 minutes for me to get in the aircraft. They made us wait right before the door of the aircraft, while I had a great view of the wing and the engine; it was too cramped for me to take a photo. When I got into the aircraft, I half expected to see what I saw: old Premiere class seats and old Economy class seats. It was like boarding a Jet Airways aircraft, 3 or 4 years ago. The aircraft was full, 100% loads in both classes! I reached my row, where a father of a young girl, asked me if he could alongside his daughter in my seat. I asked him in which seat he was. He said he was in 16B. I didn’t want to give up my seat, where I web checked in! But the person kindly went to his seat. I apologized to him, but he was alright with it. I took my seat, for my last domestic flight in India for 2011. VT-INT of IndiGo had parked beside us.

You may look mighty in front of a 73G, Mr. A320, but the whole 737 series is simply better. Twisted Evil

As I kept looking inside the aircraft because of the heat, I looked outside for a second. It could’ve been a terrible missed opportunity, but quick reactions made me take a great photo of a Speedbird 747! I’m glad I didn’t miss it!

Hello, Speedbird, you think you can hide from me???

AI A319..

Please, take all the time you need! There is no hurry! Slow ride...take it easy!!

IC A319, how rare is it these days?!

THE FINAL DOMESTIC FLIGHT OF 2011: JET AIRWAYS FLIGHT 9W-481 MUMBAI-CHENNAI 15TH OCTOBER 2011
FLIGHT DETAILS
Airline: Jet Airways (9W/JAI)
Registration/Aircraft type: VT-JNS, Boeing 737-73A
Seat: 18F, Economy.
Scheduled departure: 1105 hours, Actual Departure: 1117 hours.
Scheduled Arrival: 1245 hours, Actual Arrival: 1307 hours.
Loads (estimated) J and Y= 100%

So it was JGB the Airbus was hiding.

At 1117 hours, after only a 12 minutes delay (considering how late the aircraft arrived), VT-JNS was pushed back for departure to Chennai. Just we started our taxi towards Runway 27, VT-KFD (my first aircraft to fly in 2011) taxied by us, with a lot of speed! It meant we had to brake HARD to allow her to pass by.

Start up, taxiing and the rude A320 passing by: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-SuLhqsTWc

We taxied by the Air India hanger, with quite a few about to be scrapped aircraft, awaiting their fate. VT-JBK had also landed in the meantime. I may have not seen the Kingfisher A330 taxiing by us, but I saw one remote parking bay, probably the one undergoing C-Checks (the one used for the SIN route). As we held short of Runway 27, while waiting for VT-KFD to depart, Beauty Number 4 of the day: A McDonnell Douglas MD-11F of FedEx was taxiing right behind us!

Hard times for sure! Sad

Undergoing C-checks possibly?

Taking off..

I flew on her for the first of my 15 flights in 2011. Wasn't a proper 'Kingfisher Experience' but, yeah.

And it kept hiding behind me...HOLY COW!!

The new international terminal, shaping up pretty well!

Stunning! Very Happy

My final glimpse of KFD..

Alright...its our turn now...

An Air India Boeing 747-400, Jet Airways Boeing 777-300ER, British Airways Boeing 747-400 and an EL AL Boeing 767-200 were the aircraft I saw before our take off roll. An Air India Express Boeing 737-800 was taxiing past the terminal. At 1128, VT-JNS had its engines revved up for takeoff. Along with all the sadness I was visualizing, I also saw a Singapore Airlines Boeing 777-300ER, JBK entering the international parking bay, another FedEx aircraft, this time an Airbus A310-300 and the usual domestic narrow bodies. I took a final glimpse of the city where I belong. It felt bad. We turned south east after a while, and headed for Chennai.

Take off: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnyqrrWwA5Q

INFLIGHT
I was sweating inside the aircraft, probably because of the temperature and heat outside. As the seat belts signs were switched off, the food service started and as usual, the special meals were given out, before the normal food was given out. The vegetarian option contained a mini Samosa (Indian snack) and chhole (chickpea) while the non vegetarian option had a bun and chicken curry. All of this was accompanied with a chocolate cake, tea and coffee. After the meal service, the crew handed out forms for joining Jet Privilege and the service questioner. As time passed, with nothing to do, I took pictures from the aircraft. The first officer came over the P/A giving details about our flight, (cruise height was 34,000 thousand feet, Mach 0.74, flying on a Boeing 737-700 Next Generation, etc, weather in Chennai) and also announced that descent would start in about a minute.

Climbing..

The 'older' CFM56, screaming!!

Non-Veg snacks, also not the steel cutlery..

A slightly tired cabin..

And out of nowhere, CLOUDS!!

9W is so in love with these ads Sad

The slightest possible hope for IFE...right here..

Overhead panel (note the fading no smoking sign)

Mag and service questioner.

DESCENT AND ARRIVAL
He was right. Just about a minute later, we started descent into Chennai. As we kept descending, I saw the coast and beaches under the thin clouds, and we started to turn. According to flightradar24 (which shows only the movement in and out of Chennai Airport), we were about to land on Runway 25. After a final turn, we were on final approach into Chennai. As we came towards the airport, clouds started to get darker. The temperature in the aircraft suddenly grew colder. At 1307 hours, JNS had made a slightly rough touch down at Chennai. As we rolled down the runway, I saw many Kingfisher Airlines ATR 72’s and ATR 52’S (Reason?) lying in a remote parking bay.

Switch to video, maybe?

Ridiculously hard braking, and the may Kingfisher ATR's stored, and the whole taxiing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UV9-_O9MEM

The new International terminal was still under construction, which does look great! There were a couple of Air India Express Boeing 737-800’s and a couple of Air India Airbus A320 family aircraft. Then came the under construction Domestic Terminal, which looked the same as the International terminal. JNS was parked beside 2 Air India Airbus A319’s and its sibling VT-JGX (I hoped that was our aircraft for this flight; saw this as I came out of the aircraft). I had to take a video if the ‘old’ Jet Airways interior.

Back into 2007: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wNKunds7go

I came out of the ‘old’ aircraft (10.6 years is old for a young airline, isn’t it?) entered the ‘old’ bus (the non A/C bus which makes your jaws vibrate). This was good for me, so I sneaked in and took 2 photos of the 73G.We ‘vibrated’ our way to the terminal, and along the way, I saw a few more aircraft in tarmac (can’t remember exactly).

It had covered eyebrows, but that doesn't count.

New terminal..

THE 'OH HELL NO' TRANSIT
The terminal may looked old from outside, and equally sad inside! We didn’t have to collect our bags, so we went out, which looked pretty deserted. It was a short distance from the domestic arrivals to the international departures.

So, there was around four hours to kill, in an airport which Dad describes as 'insanely boring', even the security told us! So as we were about to enter the terminal, the guy read our tickets, and told us in Hindi: 'There is a lot of time to wait, have something in the restaurant and then enter.' Well, after having a pretty good meal in the flight, we weren't in the mood to have more food. But anyways, the guy let us in, and we entered the old, cold and empty terminal. But, on our way in, just like I saw from the aircraft, there was more development in the airport, then metro lines.

So we reached the check in area, where no one was there. Quietness everywhere. The flights to Singapore (Air India and Air India Express), Air India Express to Trichy and Abu Dhabi the Air India flight to Colombo were boarding at that time. The next few flights were Air Asia to KL, SilkAir to Singapore and the 9W flights to Colombo and Dubai. The only flight that was in between these two ;rush hours' was the Air India flight to Goa and Kuwait.
It was the most boring time EVER! The terminal suddenly grew quieter after about an hour. I bought a Tintin book, and finished reading it pretty quickly. I went to the toilet, which was possibly worse than the Lower Parel Station toilet I always used after getting off the train! It was stinking, toilet paper all around, tobacco remains, etc. Passengers for flights to LHR, HKG, SIN, BKK, KUL, BRU, EWR, JFK, YYZ, DXB, CDG (and the list goes on) pass through this terminal. I wonder what their take on this is. A set of trainees were shown around the terminal (new staff probably). My phone had no signal, so I tried to find a free wi-fi network. I found a Saudi Arabian airlines wi fi signal, but it was secure and a Kingfisher Airlines open wi fi with almost no signal. This was getting boring. 3 and half hours into the transit, Air Asia to Kuala Lumpur and Silk Air to Singapore had started their check in. And finally, about 20 minutes later, our flight and Jet Airways to Dubai had started their check in.

CHECK IN, SECURITY, PRE-BOARDING
We had to wait, just to get our cabin baggage tags and immigration forms.

Check in area (sorry about the shake Sad )

Immigration..

Duty free

Security..

Mum and Dad tried to enter the lounge in the terminal (the only International looking room in the whole damn terminal), but for some weirdly annoying reason, they couldn't get in. At the security, they confiscated Mum's screwdriver which adjusts the spectacles. 10 security checks she had gone through in the last 6 months, no one caught her. Really CISF? Does that small, tiny, miniature screw driver help in hijacking a Boeing 737? Anyways, that was gone. This was the third weird instance in that 15-20 minutes. Oh my I was about to get into tears! By then, the passenger numbers were also increasing, but most of them were getting pissed. Reason? The only announcements made for the Air India flight to GOI and KWI was the flight would be delayed by x amount of time. So, our boarding Gate was 2, which meant....we didn't no what. According to Dad, a new aerobrigde opening? Well, time would tell. 2 hours until boarding..JOY!!! And nature kept calling me to take a leak, every few minutes. Well, that passed time, but my nose was closed every time I entered the washroom.

Now there was something I figured out from flightradar24: the aircraft that operates 9W2352 from BLR was the aircraft operating on the MAA-CMB-MAA sector. Yes, a Konnect flight on an International aircraft, just like I experienced a few months ago. Lucky for me, I had my new phone to play with, so I clicked pictures of the activity on the tarmac!

Yup, so she's the one from Colombo!

One of many 9W 738W arrivals towards the domestic terminal..

Preparing to leave..

Probably the one to KWI?

I came back from the loo to find this, oh for once something interesting!!

Double bogey original livery Air India A320. Rare enough?

Why are so many of your brother's resting near the runway? Confused

I had told my brother to quickly check on flightradar24 of the planes arriving into Chennai. Oh well, he was too busy. Anyways, a 9W 73H arrived, and docked at a remote parking bay. VT-JBD it was. Our aircraft probably? Bus boarding for the last time in India?

There she is

Yup, she surely is ours..

I didn't take a leak when she arrived!! Very Happy

Hello Silky! Look at her arrive, I just realised that I hadn't had a Cadbury Dairy Milk Silk. So I had wait till....God knows when to try it!!

Baby bus for sure!

The lonely end of the Terminal!

Another 9W departure...

Plenty of action!

By now I'm sure many of you have realised: The runway used for Landings and Take offs has changed. Well, boring for me -_-

So now we were a bit hungry. There was only one restaurant (probably the only in the whole terminal), where we had a Dosa, which was, terrible, disappointing. Not the best way to end my stay in India! By now, the AI flight had been badly delayed! I mean, people were moaning about it! So once we were done eating, boarding had started.

BOARDING
So we began our long walk down to the ground floor, where we were bussed to the aircraft. There were also MANY Buddhist Pilgrims in that area, MOST LIKELY from Sri Lanka. So before we boarded the bus (for once a nice comfy Ac bus, not the jaw rattlers like that morning), I saw the newest type of aircraft in Indian Aviation: The Bombardier Dash 8, de Havilland Canada Dash 8, DHC-8, Q400 or whatever you call it, of SpiceJet taxiing towards the domestic terminal. So that was another first time for me! Assuming that all of India is the same, I thought we would take off during the sun set. But that's only in Mumbai. Everything was dark by 1815. So, not too many out side view pictures sadly Sad
Like I had guessed, our aircraft was indeed VT-JBD, 9W's third 'Full IFE' aircraft. (The first IFE aircraft are JGE, JGF, etc..)

Old Sad

So, here's happened. The guy tore off my boarding pass. I asked him if I could board from behind. He said 'sure, go ahead!' So me and a few others went from behind. Here are a few snaps I got:

Low light sadly Sad

Difficult catch!

So, after this snap the steward gave me this look: 'Dude! You're supposed to board from the front door! And keep that camera away or else I'll kick you and your camera out of the aircraft!' Which obviously meant no 'Welcome aboard, sir!' So as I saw the aisles, PEOPLE EVERYWHERE! No one was letting me go to my seat! Oh, why didn't I choose 23A for this flight?! Worse than Mumbaikars on a fast local! So after pushing my way, I took my seat 20A, which meant, just 2 rows behind my parents! This was nearest I was to them, ever since 2007! Well, 2010 from Bhubaneshwar to Mumbai I was right next to them, because IndiGo didn't allow web check in. But anyways, I took a sneak peek of JetScreen, which indeed showed a BLR-MAA routing! But a few minutes later, everything was refreshed, to a 'Please touch screen to continue'. Well, not best screen to be welcomed from, that's for sure!

Did the AI flight actually depart? Well, only a few would know...

So, surprisingly, we were handed out immigration forms. 9W usually gives it on flights to India. Dad then told me to tick the 'Residence' option in the arrival form, and I told him I knew. But all the passengers looked at me. I wanted to tell them: 'What? The war is over! Watch your TV now!' Speaking of which, everyone started watching their movies on the ground, a slight delay looked certain.

All the new movies they have Very Happy

This was ours to win!!! Very Happy

From western classical..

...to pop...

...to more recent pop...

...and more...

..to ROCK.....

...to rap...

..to metal..

...to HEAVY METAL \m/

And, lets not forget, the old and new Bollywood songs. Yup, the Jet Airways Boeing 737's have pretty much everything to keep a passenger entertained for at least 4 hours!! Brilliant stuff!! Very Happy

Time to listen to them!

Sadly the CFM56's are too loud for us to listen to all the songs and movies. Baddy.

That's my second favouite song...

And that's my favourite song of all time!! Very Happy \m/

Alright, so when are we going?

I did most of it on the BBI TR, see it there Smile

Out of focus cabin....AGAIN!!!
When oh WHEN will I EVER get it right?!

While I passed time watching Bones, pushback had begun about 20 minutes behind scheduled departure.

THE FINAL FLIGHT OF A RECORD BREAKING YEAR: JET AIRWAYS FLIGHT 9W-252 CHENNAI-COLOMBO 15TH OCTOBER 2011
FLIGHT DETAILS
Airline: Jet Airways (9W/JAI)
Registration/Aircraft type: VT-JBD, Boeing 737-85R
Seat: 20A, Economy.
Scheduled departure: 1830 hours, Actual Departure: 1847 hours.
Scheduled Arrival: 1955 hours, Actual Arrival: 1953 hours.
Loads (estimated) J and Y= 95+ %

So while the CFM-56's were being fired up, the childish (and pretty cool to be honest) Safety Video was played. Just as the flaps were deployed, Mr. Extremely Pissed Off At Me told me to switch off my camera. So I had to face this for the first time on Jet Airways. Oh sweet.

But here is what I got: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDCH09N6T-Q
(If it was Mumbai, there would some sun rays, oh well)

The rather slow taxied followed, and after seeing nothing on the take off roll, we left Indian soil for the last time. Well, I still had my camera on now! Very Happy But as we were climbing, the guy next to me was texting to someone, well, I didn't stop him, because if I did, he knew that the FA told me to switch off my camera. Well, I shut my mouth.

Take off: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp5Ugzi9Aag

INFLIGHT
The services began immediately, probably even before the seat belt signs were turned off. Beer, non alcoholic cold drinks and juices were served (not bad for a flight which is an hour long, right?!) This was followed by a full dinner, WITHOUT the usual tea and coffee, obviously, because this was a short flight. Heavy turbulence kept all passengers seated, and the darkness didn't help, so pictures were of a zero possibility. So I kept watching a few episodes of FRIENDS. I'm glad the my tray table didn't fall over this time!

Wow, that is a lot for a flight which is under an hour long! Very Happy

Alright, Sri Lankan airspace Sad

Turbulence shows..

The war was here Surprised

DESCENT AND ARRIVAL
With the tray tables with us and no word the cockpit, we started descending. Turbulence was with us, all the time. And unlike all my previous international flights with 9W, this set of cabin crew didn't follow the orders to spray the inside of the aircraft. (That should be a complaint, right?!) So we landed on a pretty wet runway (explains all the turbulence) and parked right beside Emirates EK 653 to Dubai from Male'.

Landing and taxiing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ1p8orNgb8

I don't know when, but I will fly on the Boeing 777. Not any 777, specifically the 777-300ER. It's just a wait, I don't know for how long.

The website written under the logo usually means that the aircraft is one of the newest. (This 773 is one of the newest in EK's fleet).

So, for the last time, we got off the aircraft. VT-JGK was doing 9W-255 from the opposite gate. Well, I just hoped something would drag me into Golf Kilo and that time. Sadly, after I came from the washroom, JGK was already being push back for a before time departure back to Mumbai. After immigration and duty free, we got our luggage. Because we had the priority transit tags, we got ALL our luggage before everyone else! What a win!! Razz
But, the guitar held us up. It was the last piece of luggage to arrive. It came in good hands, thanks to the SriLankan Airlines staff. Although we waited for about half an hour, it was alright!

We checked in to the Taj Samudra hotel, were we spent about 3 weeks (it was AWESOME!!) All the airline flight crew's were there! Jet Airways, Saudia, Emirates (came down with a 777 captain on the life once!), Kingfisher, etc. I also talked to the pilots on 9W-258 one afternoon! So I went to school from there for a few days, and once we moved into our house, life in Sri Lanka had officially began, with a restriction on food Evil or Very Mad
After almost 9 months here, I recommend you people to visit Sri Lanka and Maldives in a weekly get away! Its a wonderful place!

As for Jet Airways, well, the domestic flight was a usual Jet Airways flight, but the pissed off crew on the international flight (and the idiocy of the ground staff in MAA) meant that my record breaking year ended on a disappointing note. So now, after this, a trip back to CCU and BOM was expected, with nothing big in between.

Thanks a lot for reading
Regards
Jbalonso777

Link to next TR: http://airlinersindia.s4.bizhat.com/viewtopic.php?t=12498

Last edited by jbalonso777 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:17 am; edited 2 times in total
sumantra

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful, as usual, Jishnu. Do you have any pictures of the T-1B-T-1C interface? If not, can you describe it? I have always gone into T-1C from T-1A (Air India, Kingfisher), so I have never seen this part before. My T-1B experience was pre-T-1C. The chicken curry looks like it had an oil slick. Is it just me, or my bad luck? I have usually found the curries a bit higher on the oily side, on Jet. The caterer obviously goes by the cooking instructions given to them by the airlines. The dessert looks yummy, as usual. Tired of your reports? No, we can never have enough of good trip reports! Do keep on writing.
Cheers, Sumantra.
jbalonso777

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sumantra wrote:
Wonderful, as usual, Jishnu. Do you have any pictures of the T-1B-T-1C interface? If not, can you describe it? I have always gone into T-1C from T-1A (Air India, Kingfisher), so I have never seen this part before. My T-1B experience was pre-T-1C. The chicken curry looks like it had an oil slick. Is it just me, or my bad luck? I have usually found the curries a bit higher on the oily side, on Jet. The caterer obviously goes by the cooking instructions given to them by the airlines. The dessert looks yummy, as usual. Tired of your reports? No, we can never have enough of good trip reports! Do keep on writing.
Cheers, Sumantra.

Well, sadly no pictures from there. It's like this: from the last of the Jet Airways check in counters, there are escalators and lifts. You walk up from there, take a few a few turns and boom, security check area. Chicken tasted brilliant to be honest! Like all Indian airline food: tastes better than it looks!

And for everyone else: sorry I took so long to finish this TR, I got hooked up to the simulator a bit too much. There are 3 Ultra Long Haul TR's coming up, so please don't mind if my intervals are way to big of a wait for you!
Thanks a lot!!
Nimish

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great rest of the TR. I hate these connecting flights - where the connection time is longer than the actual flying time, but I guess you had little choice in that matter!

Definitely need to plan a visit to the Emerald Isle some time soon - heard a lot about it from friends and family too.
sumantra

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot once again, for completing a very nice and rivetting trip report! Your time in the international terminal at MAA (The Anna Terminal) reminded me of the only time I have been there (with The Wife), while we were waiting to board IC 589, 05 March 2008 (this was a MAA-TRZ-TRV-SHJ flight on an old A320, with only about 15 passengers on the TRZ-TRV segment). There was even less action on the tarmac that time (it was day time), and the only thing that lit it up was a very power take-off on the secondary cross runway! I got the airport WiFi signal - they had shut out the web port, but I was able to ssh to my machine back in Delhi, and got to do a bit of work there!
The food on the MAA-CMB segment looks quite nice, though still slightly oily - I guess it must have been tasty, too. The amount looks wonderful, and the dessert - Mmm... Smile
Sorry to hear about the irritating steward on board - this is not quite normal on Jet, from my experiences, at least. I have never experienced a rude member of the cabin crew on the airline, though I am not a very regular traveller with the airline, as my reports would indicate.
Three long haul reports coming up - Wow!
Jishnu, am I not eagerly looking forward to them?
Thanks, Sumantra.
Spiderguy252

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another good report - though perhaps you need to reconsider downsizing the pics by a wee bit.

Those spare ATRs you saw at MAA where in a capacity dumpyard. You would have always spotted some cargo birds in there.

And correct me if I'm wrong - Flightradar doesn't work in India, does it?
jbalonso777

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiderguy252 wrote:
Another good report - though perhaps you need to reconsider downsizing the pics by a wee bit.

Those spare ATRs you saw at MAA where in a capacity dumpyard. You would have always spotted some cargo birds in there.

And correct me if I'm wrong - Flightradar doesn't work in India, does it?

Thank you, sir!
Yes, I am slowly moving my pictures out of that useless photobucket to picasa, but it will take time Sad

As for the ATR's, I realised only after I moved into CMB, all the struggles IT was going through. Couldn't see a freighter, though.

Flightradar, once in monsoon 2011, used to work very well for me. I could track all the aircraft from MAA only. But yes, even that has stopped.

Regards
Jishnu
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airliners-India.com Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: