Airliners-India Forum Index Airliners-India
Flickr Group & Facebook
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AI's latest (and final) 772LR, VT-ALH "Maharashtra"

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airliners-India Forum Index -> Aviation Photography
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
747-237
Member


Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 10592
Location: Gordon Gekko's Boardroom

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: AI's latest (and final) 772LR, VT-ALH "Maharashtra" Reply with quote



Last edited by 747-237 on Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spiderguy252
Member


Joined: 10 Aug 2007
Posts: 4259
Location: Indian Ocean

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good! Cool
_________________
Yeah.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
karatecatman
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's keep our fingers crossed now and see if the Delhi-SFO 777-200LR non-stop is launched.
Back to top
vivekman
Member


Joined: 26 Dec 2006
Posts: 1897
Location: BOM

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! Glad to see "Maharashtra" is a 777-200LR Very Happy
_________________
Boeing makes planes. Airbus makes videogames!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xterra
Member


Joined: 10 Feb 2007
Posts: 595
Location: DONT KNO

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agre wid u vivekbhai... lol
_________________
~~~Indian Aviation Photographers~~~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
HAWK21M
Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 8132
Location: Mumbai, INDIA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see Maharashtra.
regds
MEL.
_________________
Think of the Brighter side !!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
karatecatman
Guest





PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Mumbai's bird" has landed in India -- "Maharashtra" landing in Maharashtra is now a reality.

The last of Air India's 777-200LRs.

Best wishes to Team 777LR, the crew and all LR staff.
Back to top
karatecatman
Guest





PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update
With "Maharashtra's" delivery, it's time for VT-AIK (and nose wheel collapse 777-200) "Megh Malhar" to get booted out. Air India plans to return it by end-October.
Back to top
747-237
Member


Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 10592
Location: Gordon Gekko's Boardroom

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karatecatman wrote:
"Mumbai's bird" has landed in India -- "Maharashtra" landing in Maharashtra is now a reality.

The last of Air India's 777-200LRs.

Best wishes to Team 777LR, the crew and all LR staff.


KCM, what's the official delivery date of ALH ?

Also, what was the official delivery date of the previous LR, VT-ALG Kerela ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
karatecatman
Guest





PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

747-237 wrote:
karatecatman wrote:
"Mumbai's bird" has landed in India -- "Maharashtra" landing in Maharashtra is now a reality.

The last of Air India's 777-200LRs.

Best wishes to Team 777LR, the crew and all LR staff.


KCM, what's the official delivery date of ALH ?

Also, what was the official delivery date of the previous LR, VT-ALG Kerela ?



"Kerala": July 28-29, 2009 -- Though think it is made up, the yarn at Air India is that it was almost spelt as "Karela" by Boeing and the glitch spotted at the last minute!!!!!!!
The Commies would have slippered the plane and boycotted Air India Kerala operations.



"Maharashtra": August 28-29, 2009
Back to top
karatecatman
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karatecatman wrote:
Update
With "Maharashtra's" delivery, it's time for VT-AIK (and nose wheel collapse 777-200) "Megh Malhar" to get booted out. Air India plans to return it by end-October.



Source says that "Megh Malhar" may be going to an airline called Tpahcadpo.
It seems to have a link at:
http://www.transport.ru:8100/9/tr_air.htm

Please check if this site has spyware.

It also seems to be on the EU banned list as it is based in some part of Russia.

Never heard of this airline.

It's listed here also:
http://www.gg-group.net/english/t.htm
Back to top
Aseem
Member


Joined: 15 Dec 2006
Posts: 2819
Location: YYZ

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karatecatman wrote:
Update
With "Maharashtra's" delivery, it's time for VT-AIK (and nose wheel collapse 777-200) "Megh Malhar" to get booted out. Air India plans to return it by end-October.


so they are "rustbuckets" indeed!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
747-237
Member


Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 10592
Location: Gordon Gekko's Boardroom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karatecatman wrote:


Source says that "Megh Malhar" may be going to an airline called Tpahcadpo.
It seems to have a link at:
http://www.transport.ru:8100/9/tr_air.htm

Please check if this site has spyware.

It also seems to be on the EU banned list as it is based in some part of Russia.

Never heard of this airline.

It's listed here also:
http://www.gg-group.net/english/t.htm


KCM, "Tpahcadpo" is in Cyrillic script rather than English. It is actually Трансаэро, and the airline in question is Transaero.

They are one of the rapidly expanding airlines in Russia & would love to get their hands on a pre-owned 777, so it is not unlikely that AIK (as wel las her sister ships) will end up with them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xterra
Member


Joined: 10 Feb 2007
Posts: 595
Location: DONT KNO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

transaero already has some ex ua 772A's so thse 3 might are posible transfers.. but i hope AI uses the reg VT-AIR agian.. .. Smile
_________________
~~~Indian Aviation Photographers~~~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
karatecatman
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copyright

Copyright

VT-ALH (cn 36307/805) Ruled by Emperors, fought for by Great Kings & Warlords, occupied by the British. From Mountain Ranges, to rivers, forests, wildlife, fertile plains & urbania home to 96 million+ industrious men & women. And after forever sponsering extravagances of the New Delhi Government, Maharashtra finally gets something to call its own, this incredible machine is named "Maharashtra" - Land of my birth - The HOME of VJ. Left Paine Field as AI 164 Aug 28th > DEL evening Aug 29th, came home to BOM Sept 1st 4:45am. I've spent over 2 years awaiting & a month tracking her from production to delivery, i am now at Peace.


http://www.airliners.net/photo/Air-India/Boeing-777-237LR/1586380/M/


Last edited by karatecatman on Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
747-237
Member


Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 10592
Location: Gordon Gekko's Boardroom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great pic ...... but is that seriously the picture description ??
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
karatecatman
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that's the pic description and the first pic of the aircraft in India.

Know that Vishal was on a hunt for that plane!
Back to top
rutvij
Member


Joined: 22 Feb 2007
Posts: 1390
Location: Skies of Fire!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karatecatman wrote:
Copyright
VT-ALH (cn 36307/805) Ruled by Emperors, fought for by Great Kings & Warlords, occupied by the British. From Mountain Ranges, to rivers, forests, wildlife, fertile plains & urbania home to 96 million+ industrious men & women. And after forever sponsering extravagances of the New Delhi Government, Maharashtra finally gets something to call its own, this incredible machine is named "Maharashtra" - Land of my birth - The HOME of VJ. Left Paine Field as AI 164 Aug 28th > DEL evening Aug 29th, came home to BOM Sept 1st 4:45am. I've spent over 2 years awaiting & a month tracking her from production to delivery, i am now at Peace.


This is one of the best comments ever read !!!!! (Mods, don't stop me from the excessive Exclamation)
Hats-Off, VJ!! \m/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vivekman
Member


Joined: 26 Dec 2006
Posts: 1897
Location: BOM

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pic! Finally get to see it on Anet.....

And what a caption! Very Happy Jai Ho, VJ! Laughing

- Vivek
_________________
Boeing makes planes. Airbus makes videogames!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yash777
Member


Joined: 12 Jun 2007
Posts: 901
Location: Chicago, IL

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epic comment! Epic photo!
_________________
Jetphotos Flickr gallery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sriramhariiyer
Member


Joined: 22 Jul 2009
Posts: 51
Location: Coimbatore/Bangalore, India

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shot Vishal Smile By the way, which place is this in Mumbai airport? I havent seen this place! I can recognise the Hangar of AI (where the 747 is parked). Can anyone let me know?
_________________
Regards,
Sriram Hariharan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
con spirito
Member


Joined: 07 Apr 2007
Posts: 577
Location: Inflight

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sriramhariiyer wrote:
Nice shot Vishal Smile By the way, which place is this in Mumbai airport? I havent seen this place! I can recognise the Hangar of AI (where the 747 is parked). Can anyone let me know?


This is the AI apron at Sahar outside the AI Line Mx hangars just next to the Terminal 2C. This shot is from the newly built flyover to the departure area.
_________________
India is one of the richest countries in the world.
The only problem is........all the wealth is distributed in the wrong hands.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
sriramhariiyer
Member


Joined: 22 Jul 2009
Posts: 51
Location: Coimbatore/Bangalore, India

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

con spirito wrote:
This is the AI apron at Sahar outside the AI Line Mx hangars just next to the Terminal 2C. This shot is from the newly built flyover to the departure area.


Thanx con spirito. Smile I havent been to this spot yet in Mumbai! Hope to go there soon! Thanks buddy.
_________________
Regards,
Sriram Hariharan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Manish Soni
Member


Joined: 09 Sep 2009
Posts: 102
Location: LHR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a long hiatus, finally some new photos from BOM !!

I was wondering what was up with the Big 2 - Vishal & Vivek.
Turns out both uploaded 2 beautiful shots on the same day.

That is one hell of a remark on the 77L, fires you up so much after reading it !

Dont think there's anything left to say which hasnt been said yet about it, just have a look at the Vistor Comments Arrow
There's some passionate Punjabi guy from UAE who's posted Vishal a teaser Laughing
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Air-India/Boeing-777-237LR/1586380/M/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rutvij
Member


Joined: 22 Feb 2007
Posts: 1390
Location: Skies of Fire!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sriramhariiyer wrote:
con spirito wrote:
This is the AI apron at Sahar outside the AI Line Mx hangars just next to the Terminal 2C. This shot is from the newly built flyover to the departure area.


Thanx con spirito. Smile I havent been to this spot yet in Mumbai! Hope to go there soon! Thanks buddy.


I would advise you NOT TO GO THERE!

I was with VJ that day.Though we had a Bombay Airport Official accompanying us, even that didn't help as CISF Officials came swooping down on us from the Security Post that they have set-up on the Departure Level. They got down to questioning us and took us to a nearby Chowky, where the Airport guy helped us get away with it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Manish Soni
Member


Joined: 09 Sep 2009
Posts: 102
Location: LHR

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manish Soni wrote:
After a long hiatus, finally some new photos from BOM !!

I was wondering what was up with the Big 2 - Vishal & Vivek.
Turns out both uploaded 2 beautiful shots on the same day.

That is one hell of a remark on the 77L, fires you up so much after reading it !

Dont think there's anything left to say which hasnt been said yet about it, just have a look at the Vistor Comments Arrow
There's some passionate Punjabi guy from UAE who's posted Vishal a teaser Laughing
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Air-India/Boeing-777-237LR/1586380/M/

Happy Maharashtra Day to all back home.

Smile If i'm guessing correctly then the scene should reflect a large political show by all parties in the name of the state with loud boom-boxes playing Jai Jai Maharashtra Maza....... or some other Lavani at ear splitting volumes by Mitra-Mandals at many road junctions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rutvij
Member


Joined: 22 Feb 2007
Posts: 1390
Location: Skies of Fire!

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maharashtra

Copyright AI A332 Captain Nivedita Bhasin



Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airliners-India Forum Index -> Aviation Photography All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com