Airliners-India Forum Index Airliners-India
Flickr Group & Facebook
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flying out of India and 14 day rule

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airliners-India Forum Index -> Non Aviation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
iah87
Member


Joined: 17 Apr 2007
Posts: 2506

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 1:23 am    Post subject: Flying out of India and 14 day rule Reply with quote

Now that many countries have imposed either a quarantine at their country for resident Indian nationals or have barred entry unless they stay 14 days outside India.

In the light of that, which countries do Indians have to meet the 14 day rule and still visit US, UK, Australia, Canada etc and enjoy the visit during the 14 day period. There are several countries which require you to quarantine upon arrival, but are restricted to the hotel.

I can only list 3:
Maldives: Allowed with a negative covid test but can only stay in secluded resorts, of which there are quite a few.

Sri Lanka: Allowed with vaccination and negative covid test. No quarantine in Sri Lanka. Quarantine if unvaccinated.

Mexico: To my knowledge Mexico has no covid test or quarantine requirements for any national, including India. May be an option for those intending to go to US or Canada. Although I am not sure about this, Mexico may start barring if they see many Indian citizens.

Any other countries...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The_Goat
Member


Joined: 03 Mar 2007
Posts: 3219
Location: South of France

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now no one in India should be allowed to fly out, unless they are flying back home.

It's very inconsiderate, even foolish, on the part of Indians living in India to plan leisure holidays and personal visits at this time.
_________________
I don't know which is the more pampered bunch : AI's widebodies (the aunties) or Jet's widebodies (the planes).
-Jasepl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justbala
Member


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 1875
Location: Bangalore

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sri Lanka bans travellers from India

https://www.thehindu.com/news/international/sri-lanka-bans-travellers-from-india-due-to-covid-19-surge/article34496880.ece
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iah87
Member


Joined: 17 Apr 2007
Posts: 2506

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most will visit US or Canada or UK or EU only if it is absolutely necessary. In some cases, many have seniors or parents in India at this time, who need some company or if their health deteriorates, as most of them are now confined to their homes.

Almost all countries have suspended visa issuance or in the case of US, the immigrant visa processing are now stuck for about 15 months, so for those who still have valid visas, they may want to use it.

Recently saw an ad for Egypt offering a 14 day holiday and a one way ticket to NYC from India.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iah87
Member


Joined: 17 Apr 2007
Posts: 2506

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many countries are now allowing Indians back.

Maldives lifted the ban more than a month ago, Sri Lanka is allowing fully vaccinated travelers from India.

UK has upgraded India to amber list, but this comes with caveats, it does not yet recognize the Indian vaccines yet, but allows UK citizens and residents to visit India without any quarantines, provided they are vaccinated in UK.

However US is still the big holdout, State Department has upgraded to Level 2, which is the usual advisory pre-Covid, but the Biden admin has still retained the 14 day ban and they retained it also for UK and EU countries. But it allows Mexicans, which is on UK red list, and which has no covid test requirements to visit ?? Logic is missing here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PAL@YWG
Member


Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 438
Location: YWG, Canada

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iah87 wrote:
Many countries are now allowing Indians back.

Maldives lifted the ban more than a month ago, Sri Lanka is allowing fully vaccinated travelers from India.

UK has upgraded India to amber list, but this comes with caveats, it does not yet recognize the Indian vaccines yet, but allows UK citizens and residents to visit India without any quarantines, provided they are vaccinated in UK.

However US is still the big holdout, State Department has upgraded to Level 2, which is the usual advisory pre-Covid, but the Biden admin has still retained the 14 day ban and they retained it also for UK and EU countries. But it allows Mexicans, which is on UK red list, and which has no covid test requirements to visit ?? Logic is missing here.


I am actually planning to visit my elderly parent in Calcutta in September. Since I don't have an OCI card, I have taken an emergency visa (X-1) for 6 months (multiple entry). I have studied the air bubble agreements that India concluded with other countries. That was needed because direct flights between India and Canada are suspended till Sept 21st.

The only country that I can think of using is the UK since the air bubble agreement allows movement of transit passengers. Going to India is not an issue since I will be in transit at LHR and coming from a "green" country makes it even easier (at LHR) but I am worried about coming back from India. My plan is to enter the UK, quickly get a RT-PCR test done and board the next available plane to Canada. Currently Canada is not recognising Indian RT-PCR test results.
Do you guys see any flaw in this plan? Any input will be appreciated.
_________________
Tally Sheet:
40 Countries ||53 Aircraft types ||58 Airlines ||72 Airports
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iah87
Member


Joined: 17 Apr 2007
Posts: 2506

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAL@YWG wrote:
iah87 wrote:
Many countries are now allowing Indians back.

Maldives lifted the ban more than a month ago, Sri Lanka is allowing fully vaccinated travelers from India.

UK has upgraded India to amber list, but this comes with caveats, it does not yet recognize the Indian vaccines yet, but allows UK citizens and residents to visit India without any quarantines, provided they are vaccinated in UK.

However US is still the big holdout, State Department has upgraded to Level 2, which is the usual advisory pre-Covid, but the Biden admin has still retained the 14 day ban and they retained it also for UK and EU countries. But it allows Mexicans, which is on UK red list, and which has no covid test requirements to visit ?? Logic is missing here.


I am actually planning to visit my elderly parent in Calcutta in September. Since I don't have an OCI card, I have taken an emergency visa (X-1) for 6 months (multiple entry). I have studied the air bubble agreements that India concluded with other countries. That was needed because direct flights between India and Canada are suspended till Sept 21st.

The only country that I can think of using is the UK since the air bubble agreement allows movement of transit passengers. Going to India is not an issue since I will be in transit at LHR and coming from a "green" country makes it even easier (at LHR) but I am worried about coming back from India. My plan is to enter the UK, quickly get a RT-PCR test done and board the next available plane to Canada. Currently Canada is not recognising Indian RT-PCR test results.
Do you guys see any flaw in this plan? Any input will be appreciated.


Dont see anything wrong with this, I am assuming Canada allows transit passengers from UK and does not have a 14 day ban from India like US has. Other options are Dubai and some have used Ethiopia, but is complicated.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PAL@YWG
Member


Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 438
Location: YWG, Canada

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iah87 wrote:
PAL@YWG wrote:
iah87 wrote:
Many countries are now allowing Indians back.

Maldives lifted the ban more than a month ago, Sri Lanka is allowing fully vaccinated travelers from India.

UK has upgraded India to amber list, but this comes with caveats, it does not yet recognize the Indian vaccines yet, but allows UK citizens and residents to visit India without any quarantines, provided they are vaccinated in UK.

However US is still the big holdout, State Department has upgraded to Level 2, which is the usual advisory pre-Covid, but the Biden admin has still retained the 14 day ban and they retained it also for UK and EU countries. But it allows Mexicans, which is on UK red list, and which has no covid test requirements to visit ?? Logic is missing here.


I am actually planning to visit my elderly parent in Calcutta in September. Since I don't have an OCI card, I have taken an emergency visa (X-1) for 6 months (multiple entry). I have studied the air bubble agreements that India concluded with other countries. That was needed because direct flights between India and Canada are suspended till Sept 21st.

The only country that I can think of using is the UK since the air bubble agreement allows movement of transit passengers. Going to India is not an issue since I will be in transit at LHR and coming from a "green" country makes it even easier (at LHR) but I am worried about coming back from India. My plan is to enter the UK, quickly get a RT-PCR test done and board the next available plane to Canada. Currently Canada is not recognising Indian RT-PCR test results.
Do you guys see any flaw in this plan? Any input will be appreciated.


Dont see anything wrong with this, I am assuming Canada allows transit passengers from UK and does not have a 14 day ban from India like US has. Other options are Dubai and some have used Ethiopia, but is complicated.


Thanks for your input. I have actually bought 2 separate o/way tickets (2 PNRs) last night. AC for YWG- YYZ- LHR and AI for LHR- CCU (once a week flight introduced recently). An Air Canada Check-in agent told me they can link the two separate PNRs (both star alliance members) and he is sure about the bags to be checked in till CCU at YWG but LHR-CCU boarding pass I might have to collect from AI counter in LHR transit area. If it works out then I am technically doing an "airside" transfer at LHR. Do you think it will work out?.. Thanks in advance.
_________________
Tally Sheet:
40 Countries ||53 Aircraft types ||58 Airlines ||72 Airports
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iah87
Member


Joined: 17 Apr 2007
Posts: 2506

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If AC can check the bags through to CCU, then it should not be an issue. Upon arrival at CCU, you may have to go for another Covid test.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PAL@YWG
Member


Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 438
Location: YWG, Canada

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iah87 wrote:
If AC can check the bags through to CCU, then it should not be an issue. Upon arrival at CCU, you may have to go for another Covid test.


Yes, the covid test is mandatory at CCU. Only confusion is whether or not I have to wait at the airport until results are ready. Will see. Thanks iah87.
_________________
Tally Sheet:
40 Countries ||53 Aircraft types ||58 Airlines ||72 Airports
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iah87
Member


Joined: 17 Apr 2007
Posts: 2506

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAL@YWG wrote:
iah87 wrote:
If AC can check the bags through to CCU, then it should not be an issue. Upon arrival at CCU, you may have to go for another Covid test.


Yes, the covid test is mandatory at CCU. Only confusion is whether or not I have to wait at the airport until results are ready. Will see. Thanks iah87.


Did you have any problems during your trip. Let us know your experience.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PAL@YWG
Member


Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 438
Location: YWG, Canada

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iah87 wrote:
PAL@YWG wrote:
iah87 wrote:
If AC can check the bags through to CCU, then it should not be an issue. Upon arrival at CCU, you may have to go for another Covid test.


Yes, the covid test is mandatory at CCU. Only confusion is whether or not I have to wait at the airport until results are ready. Will see. Thanks iah87.


Did you have any problems during your trip. Let us know your experience.


I have just come back last night. Few tense moments but if you do your homework right, you can go to India and come back.
Will write sort of a TR shortly...
_________________
Tally Sheet:
40 Countries ||53 Aircraft types ||58 Airlines ||72 Airports
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airliners-India Forum Index -> Non Aviation All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com