Joined: 28 Oct 2007
Location: New Delhi
|Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:59 pm Post subject:
|A great trip report on a not-so-great experience!
A couple of points:
- The non-spotter-friendly parts of IGIA T3 at DEL: my guess is that the smaller windows and the metal parts have something to do with the stress levels at those parts of the building, versus the larger ones in some other parts. This is quite consistent in the whole structure.
- AC not switched on in T3: basically, could be a one-off with a massive failure. The only areas where I have not found the ACs usually switched on, is the domestic bus gates 42A, B, C. I guess a few complaints fixed the issue. The earliest I have boarded at the terminal is 5am (AI 851 DEL-PNQ, for which I usually come in around 03:30 am or so), and I have found the relevant areas with a working AC all around. I am guessing that you got a very bad day for the airport.
- AC not sufficient in the aircraft: I am a bit perplexed frankly, and the explanation given by the one reply, doesn't really help.
- Damage inside the aircraft: I usually make it a point to indicate this to the cabin crew, and request them to put the point in their report to Air India Engineering. I have seen this work at times, when I have been on the same aircraft in the next few days. Of course, I have seen the opposite as well.
- Indifferent food: hmm...a surprise!
- Exclusive `Air India gates': no longer, so. 2016 onwards, we have seen this change. I have seen a few 9W flights board from these gates. Often, the 9W A332s and A333s.
- The tamarind candy is now almost standard on AI, and has been so since 2016. A nice touch. Most of us love it
- The Dream)liners with dark windows but a hot atmosphere outside. I have experienced the limitations of this arrangement, versus a simple window shade, on a ICN-HKG flight with the sun beating down outside. Completely ineffective. But no excuse for a badly functioning AC unit in that part of the plane, if that indeed was the reason, and not a faulty temperature setting.
- The IFE guide is actually quite nice
- Gates 16/17 at CCU are the ones usually used for AI 401/021 and 020/701. Was it an exception on your day of the flight?
Thank you, we look forward to you clearing the backlog quickly!