Airliners-India Forum Index Airliners-India
Flickr Group & Facebook
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LACSA

 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Airliners-India Forum Index -> Aviation Polls & Preference
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mrniji
Member


Joined: 13 Feb 2007
Posts: 55
Location: FRA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject: LACSA Reply with quote

Hey guys, since I am banned on anet for a year, maybe someone of you knows.. you might remember me

How is LACSA? Mr and Mrs Niji are traveling from NYC to Costa Rica, and Mr Niji has still concealed his interest for aviation... any idea how they are, news, etc?

Best, S.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Nimish
Member


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Posts: 9757
Location: Bangalore, India

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LACSA? Is this someone with the account "Mrniji" asking how "Mr. Niji" is doing? Or is this Subin - in which case you should be the one telling us how Mr. and Mrs. Niji are doing!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
D-ABTH
Member


Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 837
Location: VABB :: BOM

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a really confusing post... and frankly if it doesnt have anything to do with Polls and Preference i suggest it be locked and/or deleted and this be taken private.
_________________
If it aint Boeing.. I aint going.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Aseem
Member


Joined: 15 Dec 2006
Posts: 2819
Location: YYZ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nimish wrote:
LACSA? Is this someone with the account "Mrniji" asking how "Mr. Niji" is doing? Or is this Subin - in which case you should be the one telling us how Mr. and Mrs. Niji are doing!


D-ABTH wrote:

this is a really confusing post... and frankly if it doesnt have anything to do with Polls and Preference i suggest it be locked and/or deleted and this be taken private.


I checked the profile and the email address mentioned is Subin's. I would prefer to wait for a while before jumping to conclusion.
rgds
VT-ASJ
_________________
[url=http://openflights.org/user/aseemsjohri]
[/url]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
mrniji
Member


Joined: 13 Feb 2007
Posts: 55
Location: FRA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aseem wrote:
Nimish wrote:
LACSA? Is this someone with the account "Mrniji" asking how "Mr. Niji" is doing? Or is this Subin - in which case you should be the one telling us how Mr. and Mrs. Niji are doing!


D-ABTH wrote:

this is a really confusing post... and frankly if it doesnt have anything to do with Polls and Preference i suggest it be locked and/or deleted and this be taken private.


I checked the profile and the email address mentioned is Subin's. I would prefer to wait for a while before jumping to conclusion.
rgds
VT-ASJ


Correct, it's mrniji. I just signed up, after being caught in work for months.

Well, sorry if I did an inappropriate post, I was not sure whether Airliners-India only refers exclusively to Indian aviation, or whether such issues in the polls and prefs section are handled more liberally. Sorry if I offended anyone. Just delete the thread if you think it is inappropriate. If it is OK, I am looking for some opinions, as traveling to that region of the world is new to me as an Indian (isn't this polls and prefs?).

Nimish, thanks for the warm welcome! Well, I am doing fine, the row of silence was caught by lots of private issues, and I guess everyone has these phases for sometime! I will be lurking once in a while, as the next month until my holiday will be again a nightmare..! Cheers, S.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
HAWK21M
Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 8132
Location: Mumbai, INDIA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to hear from you Subin.If its Subin Smile
regds
MEL
_________________
Think of the Brighter side !!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aseem
Member


Joined: 15 Dec 2006
Posts: 2819
Location: YYZ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAWK21M wrote:
Nice to hear from you Subin.If its Subin Smile
regds
MEL

If he is really Subin, then he'll post one of his famous trip report. Smile
rgds
VT-ASJ
_________________
[url=http://openflights.org/user/aseemsjohri]
[/url]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
mrniji
Member


Joined: 13 Feb 2007
Posts: 55
Location: FRA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aseem wrote:
HAWK21M wrote:
Nice to hear from you Subin.If its Subin Smile
regds
MEL

If he is really Subin, then he'll post one of his famous trip report. Smile
rgds
VT-ASJ


Don't think so, I somehow lost interest in aviation Wink I did not even take one pic from my trip to NYC (BA, AA-BA) and South Africa (SA, 346, great plane).. but I will make some shots of the LR320 then and post them as evidence, along with a pic of mine at San Jose Airport Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
aarbee
Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 328
Location: WAS/AMD

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrniji wrote:

Don't think so, I somehow lost interest in aviation Wink


Wow! something really big must have happened. ... Very Happy Laughing

BTW, what is LACSA?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mrniji
Member


Joined: 13 Feb 2007
Posts: 55
Location: FRA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aarbee wrote:

BTW, what is LACSA?


OK, here comes the aviation back..! LACSA is the national Costa Rican Airline and now part of the TACA Consortium... www.taca.com --> and Wiki has a short article on LACSA.. The TACA webpage talks about the merger...

I guess there must be some Indians in Costa Rica? Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
aarbee
Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 328
Location: WAS/AMD

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrniji wrote:

OK, here comes the aviation back..! LACSA is the national Costa Rican Airline and now part of the TACA Consortium...

Oh! OK. Makes sense now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nimish
Member


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Posts: 9757
Location: Bangalore, India

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:05 am    Post subject: Re: LACSA Reply with quote

mrniji wrote:
Hey guys, since I am banned on anet for a year, maybe someone of you knows.. you might remember me


Hi Subin - I certainly remember you, hope you re-activate your interest in aviation and come back to the site!

How's life been for the past year?

About the topic at hand, I think none of us have even heard of LACSA, so there's very less probability of getting any feedback from us here. Have you take a look at this site - http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/taca.htm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HAWK21M
Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 8132
Location: Mumbai, INDIA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Subin.You speak of Mr & Mrs Niji.......Whats this.Since when.
regds
MEL
_________________
Think of the Brighter side !!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AKLDELNonstop
Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 1066
Location: Auckland

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Niji,

Mate I dont know you at all, but Ive read some fantastic TRs or urs on a.net so I find it hard to believe you lost interest in aviation.

Also aren't u the chap who keeps hopping from Fiji to frankfurt to what not?

Cheers
_________________
Geniuses are always misunderstood in their lifetimes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mrniji
Member


Joined: 13 Feb 2007
Posts: 55
Location: FRA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKLDELNonstop wrote:
Mr Niji,

Mate I dont know you at all, but Ive read some fantastic TRs or urs on a.net so I find it hard to believe you lost interest in aviation.

Also aren't u the chap who keeps hopping from Fiji to frankfurt to what not?

Cheers


Well, thank you Wink Well, sometimes one has to set priorities.. in fact, I did publish a book on Indian Aviation in German, and after reviewing the draft 15 Million times, I was a little fed up and "rediscovered old values" (Music etc.).

Well, I have not been in Fiji, but you might have read my Kenya Trip Report, or several trips from India to Europe and within India

Nimish wrote:


How's life been for the past year?

About the topic at hand, I think none of us have even heard of LACSA, so there's very less probability of getting any feedback from us here. Have you take a look at this site - http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/taca.htm



Thanks, Nimish.. the airline sounds good! No free food though Sad (not like in India, where you get a full meal on a 30 min flight Wink - life is hectic in the mid 20s, as you know, moving, job changing etc.. hence the row of silence.. but it's starting to be fruitful Wink


Aseem wrote:




If he is really Subin, then he'll post one of his famous trip report.



I might do a short one with some pics, ok Wink - but don't expect anything big, till mid of may, it will be crazy (and I wonder why I am doing this holiday, both for financial and time reasons, but you have to do stupid things once in a while.. Wink )
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
HAWK21M
Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 8132
Location: Mumbai, INDIA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Subin...Any planned visits to BOM in the Future.

regds
MEL
_________________
Think of the Brighter side !!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mrniji
Member


Joined: 13 Feb 2007
Posts: 55
Location: FRA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAWK21M wrote:
Subin...Any planned visits to BOM in the Future.

regds
MEL


Hopefully in Summer..! Details to be announced! Cheers!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
HAWK21M
Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 8132
Location: Mumbai, INDIA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrniji wrote:
HAWK21M wrote:
Subin...Any planned visits to BOM in the Future.

regds
MEL


Hopefully in Summer..! Details to be announced! Cheers!


Awaiting the news.
regds
MEL
_________________
Think of the Brighter side !!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
diegpc
Member


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 29
Location: Santiago, Chile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I know they are not a very good airline. I`ve never travelled with them, but my brother yes, and he said that the planes were very good (in fact taca has a very new and modern fleet), but service was not good and they had to pay if they wanted to eat or drink something in a flight from santiago to lima (3.5 hours). + they are not specially cheap compared with others airlines that offer a very good service.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mrniji
Member


Joined: 13 Feb 2007
Posts: 55
Location: FRA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diegpc wrote:
From what I know they are not a very good airline. I`ve never travelled with them, but my brother yes, and he said that the planes were very good (in fact taca has a very new and modern fleet), but service was not good and they had to pay if they wanted to eat or drink something in a flight from santiago to lima (3.5 hours). + they are not specially cheap compared with others airlines that offer a very good service.


Thanks a lot!!

I have checked a little myself.. while TACA indeed seems dodgy, LACSA, one of the subsidies, seems to be the best.. and yes, food costs money, that sucks... In total, I expect nothing special, but rather the normal mediocrity like any US-Airlines! Maybe a better service though... the picture of TACA as a whole seems to be mixed (again: US-based airlines probably play in the same league)..

Thanks for your interest!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mrniji
Member


Joined: 13 Feb 2007
Posts: 55
Location: FRA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw here is a short Trip Report:

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/trip_reports/read.main/98349/

Cheers...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Airliners-India Forum Index -> Aviation Polls & Preference All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com