Airliners-India.com Forum Index Airliners-India.com
Flickr Group & Facebook
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TR - SQ - Y and J on the 77W! BLR-SIN-SFO

 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Airliners-India.com Forum Index -> Trip Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Nimish
Member


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Posts: 9757
Location: Bangalore, India

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: TR - SQ - Y and J on the 77W! BLR-SIN-SFO Reply with quote

Uploaded all the pictures to Picasa: http://picasaweb.google.com/nimishguptablr/SQBLRSFOAug2007/

In the process of uploading 3 videos to YouTube.

Detailed TR to follow but I've added captions on a lot of the 118 pictures I've uploaded
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Birendra
Member


Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Posts: 1411

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice TR.

Pray, what is Bangalore Express Confused
_________________
Dictum meum pactum, "My word is my bond".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
avbuff
Member


Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 5031

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent pics Nimish!!! good you had an upgrade to J and that too on the long one from ICN - SFO worth an upgrade Very Happy

Awaiting your TR .. iam posting mine as well
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
avbuff
Member


Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 5031

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose BLR express refers to that lufthansa flight that connects well from BLR to SFO
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Birendra
Member


Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Posts: 1411

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

avbuff wrote:
I suppose BLR express refers to that lufthansa flight that connects well from BLR to SFO


Oh ok.
_________________
Dictum meum pactum, "My word is my bond".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nimish
Member


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Posts: 9757
Location: Bangalore, India

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Takeoff at ICN:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5988844918886362310

A short clip of the J seat:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-873702178599933154

Landing at SFO:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8306672106627707160
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lambuhere1
Member


Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 232
Location: In the Skies

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Photo Graphs and videos.

Wondering What was the white thing in your takeoff video?

Thanks

Ram P
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nimish
Member


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Posts: 9757
Location: Bangalore, India

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lambuhere1 wrote:
Wondering What was the white thing in your takeoff video?


I guess you're referring to the condensation over the wings just as it took off? I don't really know what that is - someone else may have a better idea.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
D-ABTH
Member


Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 837
Location: VABB :: BOM

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just love their inflight service Embarassed
_________________
If it aint Boeing.. I aint going.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lambuhere1
Member


Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 232
Location: In the Skies

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
D-ABTH

i just love their inflight service



Y r u Blusing soooooo much ?



Nimish: I believe you might be right. Digging out more info

Ram P[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Karan69
Member


Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 1334

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pics Nimish. thx for sharing whats the IFE choices like

Karan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
HAWK21M
Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 8132
Location: Mumbai, INDIA

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nimish wrote:
lambuhere1 wrote:
Wondering What was the white thing in your takeoff video?


I guess you're referring to the condensation over the wings just as it took off? I don't really know what that is - someone else may have a better idea.


Vortices.

regds
MEL
_________________
Think of the Brighter side !!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BigTom
Member


Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Posts: 271
Location: Dubai, UAE

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pics Nimish, thanks for taking the trouble to share them with us. That JAL a/c looks like a 767, while those at ICN you thought might be Philippine Airlines are actually aircraft in Asiana's new colours. They do look somewhat similar to the Philippine livery. Looking forward to reading your trip report.

Cheers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Nimish
Member


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Posts: 9757
Location: Bangalore, India

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTom wrote:
those at ICN you thought might be Philippine Airlines are actually aircraft in Asiana's new colours. They do look somewhat similar to the Philippine livery.


Ah - thanks for pointing that out. I've seen the new logo - that inverted V type of thing, but never noticed the tail!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
stealthpilot
Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 2325
Location: BLR, DXB

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another amazing TR Nimish, really. Really appreciate the comments for each photo and the snaps.

It looks like we have similar tastes- I love food pics Smile, now I have to resign myself to the dominos pizza in the fridge!

That JAL was a 767 (duno what type)
Thatís Asianas new livery. (not Philippines)
Poor BA 744, tail looks dreadful indeed.
_________________
eP007
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stealthpilot
Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 2325
Location: BLR, DXB

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAWK21M wrote:

Vortices.

Mel you could answer this.
Personally when I talk about vortices I refer to the spiraling vortices trailing off the wing. The white condensation is formed just over the wing surface by compressions and pressure changes of the moving air- are those still technically called vortices?
Is it (the white vortices/condensation in question) just a layer of uneven airflow or does it rotates and spin fluidly like wingtip vortices?
_________________
eP007
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HAWK21M
Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 8132
Location: Mumbai, INDIA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A vortex is a spinning, often turbulent, flow [or any spiral motion] with closed streamlines.
Most often caused by intermixing of differential pressure airflow.
As far as I recollect its termed vortex or vortices,if at the wingtip its termed wingtip vortices.
If you have a different reasoning.Pls tell me as I could be wrong.But dont think so.

regds
MEL
_________________
Think of the Brighter side !!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nimish
Member


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Posts: 9757
Location: Bangalore, India

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stealthpilot wrote:
Another amazing TR Nimish, really. Really appreciate the comments for each photo and the snaps.

It looks like we have similar tastes- I love food pics Smile, now I have to resign myself to the dominos pizza in the fridge!


Hey thanks Nikhil - are you all set to head back to BLR? Looking forward to scheduling our next meet in Sep/Oct (hopefully changes to 09 arrivals by then).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lambuhere1
Member


Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 232
Location: In the Skies

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MEL

I dont think you can term them as vortices. On an aerofoil, vortex generation and shedding occurs on the trailing edge of the aerofoil and not at the leading edge of the aerofoil.

Conditions are generated at the leading edge and they propogate with intensifying intensity towards the trailing edge, which leads to breaking of the boundary layer and hence the shedding of the vortices.

Hope that explains it

Ram P
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HAWK21M
Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 8132
Location: Mumbai, INDIA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lambuhere1 wrote:
MEL

I dont think you can term them as vortices. On an aerofoil, vortex generation and shedding occurs on the trailing edge of the aerofoil and not at the leading edge of the aerofoil.

Conditions are generated at the leading edge and they propogate with intensifying intensity towards the trailing edge, which leads to breaking of the boundary layer and hence the shedding of the vortices.

Hope that explains it

Ram P


Ram.
Turbulent Air & Differential pressure intermixing causes this effect.The Air striking the LE of the Wing near the Engine Inlet pylon creating the turbulence.
regds
MEL
_________________
Think of the Brighter side !!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sri_bom
Member


Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 2365
Location: Singapore

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellen TR Nimish although it is only a photo show speaks more then words.

Few Questions:

1) Next time if you happen to be in SIN let me know we can meet up as I am based here.
2) I see a PEPSI logo on your dinner tray? Does SW serve Pepsi Cola on flights. As far as I know SQ and most other airlines only serve Coca-Cola as they have exclusive arrangments with Coke. (check the dinner photo on BLR-SIN route)
3)In your opinion dont know wether you have flown 9W new aircrafts, does 9W score better then SQ's new ecconomy class seating.
4) Whenver I flown on SQ 777 in a business class immediately after take off I hear the massive noise from the engines this has happened 3 times....did you feel the same when you flew from ICN to SFO...

Sri_Bom
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nimish
Member


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Posts: 9757
Location: Bangalore, India

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sri_bom wrote:
Excellen TR Nimish although it is only a photo show speaks more then words.

Thanks!

sri_bom wrote:

1) Next time if you happen to be in SIN let me know we can meet up as I am based here.

Definitely will do.

sri_bom wrote:
2) I see a PEPSI logo on your dinner tray? Does SW serve Pepsi Cola on flights. As far as I know SQ and most other airlines only serve Coca-Cola as they have exclusive arrangments with Coke. (check the dinner photo on BLR-SIN route)

It's almost certainly coke on the flight, that pepsi logo is from my empty bottle of diet pepsi (which I'd brought on board to use for drinking water!).

sri_bom wrote:
3)In your opinion dont know wether you have flown 9W new aircrafts, does 9W score better then SQ's new ecconomy class seating.

Never flown 9W intl.

sri_bom wrote:
4) Whenver I flown on SQ 777 in a business class immediately after take off I hear the massive noise from the engines this has happened 3 times....did you feel the same when you flew from ICN to SFO...

Did not hear as I had the NC headsets on Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ssbmat
Member


Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Posts: 1710

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Leisurely take off Reply with quote

I thought that was quite a leisurely takeoff for a Boeing 777-300ER with the MASSIVEGE90-115B engines!

Ofcourse, it was flying across the pond, but considering that people bash up the A340-300 for its hair-dryer engines.... Wink Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
B77L
Member


Joined: 09 Aug 2007
Posts: 12

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SQ is one of my fav airlines. I hope they are planning to operate a B77W to JNB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nimish
Member


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Posts: 9757
Location: Bangalore, India

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Leisurely take off Reply with quote

ssbmat wrote:
I thought that was quite a leisurely takeoff for a Boeing 777-300ER with the MASSIVEGE90-115B engines!

Ofcourse, it was flying across the pond, but considering that people bash up the A340-300 for its hair-dryer engines.... Wink Wink


It was quite leisurely - about a 45 seconds roll for reach take off.

The 343 takes about a similar time frame (based on my previous 343 flights).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BigTom
Member


Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Posts: 271
Location: Dubai, UAE

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Leisurely take off Reply with quote

ssbmat wrote:
Ofcourse, it was flying across the pond, but considering that people bash up the A340-300 for its hair-dryer engines.... Wink Wink


Of course that is mostly due to B vs A wars ongoing on Anet.

Cheers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
HAWK21M
Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 8132
Location: Mumbai, INDIA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Leisurely take off Reply with quote

BigTom wrote:
ssbmat wrote:
Ofcourse, it was flying across the pond, but considering that people bash up the A340-300 for its hair-dryer engines.... Wink Wink


Of course that is mostly due to B vs A wars ongoing on Anet.

Cheers

rather the European v/s US debate.
regds
MEL
_________________
Think of the Brighter side !!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
stealthpilot
Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 2325
Location: BLR, DXB

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nimish wrote:
Hey thanks Nikhil - are you all set to head back to BLR? Looking forward to scheduling our next meet in Sep/Oct (hopefully changes to 09 arrivals by then).

Well im leaving Daytona tomorrow.... so no more college for me.
Probably plan to come back end of this month or early September. Ill let you know when I do (and ask for your help in finding tickets Smile)

(I better not miss the next BLR meet)
_________________
eP007
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stealthpilot
Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 2325
Location: BLR, DXB

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAWK21M wrote:

If you have a different reasoning.Pls tell me as I could be wrong.But dont think so.

I donít know if youíre wrong, I am not sure- I figured you would have a better idea than I did...
_________________
eP007
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HAWK21M
Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 8132
Location: Mumbai, INDIA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stealthpilot wrote:
HAWK21M wrote:

If you have a different reasoning.Pls tell me as I could be wrong.But dont think so.

I donít know if youíre wrong, I am not sure- I figured you would have a better idea than I did...

Thats my observation on the topic Smile
Good to hear your College days ae over.So Fun time I guess.
regds
MEL
_________________
Think of the Brighter side !!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
stealthpilot
Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 2325
Location: BLR, DXB

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun for a few weeks... then come home for a bit more fun ... then comes the dreaded part- looking for a job and converting my licenses and ratings.
_________________
eP007
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HAWK21M
Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 8132
Location: Mumbai, INDIA

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stealthpilot wrote:
Fun for a few weeks... then come home for a bit more fun ... then comes the dreaded part- looking for a job and converting my licenses and ratings.


Thats the best part of a challenging Job.Best wishes.
regds
MEL
_________________
Think of the Brighter side !!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
stealthpilot
Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 2325
Location: BLR, DXB

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks..
_________________
eP007
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Airliners-India.com Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com