Airliners-India Forum Index Airliners-India
Flickr Group & Facebook
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Venting
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airliners-India Forum Index -> Site Related
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Manish Soni
Member


Joined: 09 Sep 2009
Posts: 102
Location: LHR

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello & sorry for interrupting this slug-fest.
Its something i'm only too familiar with through other forums i've been & am on.

Just like the poster above TKCME, let me too clarify that i personally know none of the folks here.
I only know - by name - the famous photographers who post/used to post here - Vivek, Vishal, Nitin.

As Indian Aviation related photos interested me a tad more than reading about Indian Aviation, when the photos started to dry-up a bit i started to look for them, that ultimately led me to start posting on this site rather being a lurking member.

KCM was by far THE most standout & prolific member among the posters here, i'm certain that opinion is unarguable.

What i HOPE you all or most of you agree with also is the fact that the forum has been (to me atleast - someone not from the 'inner circle') completely & absolutely D-E-A-D post him.

Please understand, I DO NOT KNOW WHO DID OR SAID WHAT WHICH CAUSED HIM TO GO & I FRANKLY DONT WANT TO KNOW, NEITHER AM I TAKING ANY SIDES.

As per the title of this thread, i wanted to Vent my view on the health of this forum as an outsider.


- Manish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jeh
Member


Joined: 06 Apr 2010
Posts: 652
Location: Delhi, India

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manish Soni wrote:

As Indian Aviation related photos interested me a tad more than reading about Indian Aviation, when the photos started to dry-up a bit i started to look for them, that ultimately led me to start posting on this site rather being a lurking member.

KCM was by far THE most standout & prolific member among the posters here, i'm certain that opinion is unarguable.

What i HOPE you all or most of you agree with also is the fact that the forum has been (to me atleast - someone not from the 'inner circle') completely & absolutely D-E-A-D post him.

Please understand, I DO NOT KNOW WHO DID OR SAID WHAT WHICH CAUSED HIM TO GO & I FRANKLY DONT WANT TO KNOW, NEITHER AM I TAKING ANY SIDES.

- Manish


Excellent point, Manish.

@ Mods and senior members, like it or not, and whether you think "the show must go on" with or without karatecatman, the truth is the show doesn't go on particularly well without him. Hence I say swallow your egos and say sorry to the guy and get him back. I request you to share your PMs if you tink they contain revealing info about karatecatman's behaviour. just as you say members should point out examples of faulty moderation when they complain, we'd also like to see some proof of how karatecatman annoyed the Mods in any way. It's only fair.

And by the way, why isn't Manish Soni being accused of being a 'fake account'? He expressed the same views as I did and gave the same reasons for posting afresh as I did, in less extreme language maybe, but because I've started posting recently only I get called a 'fake account' by that gentleman SpiderGuy2552 or whatever his name is. Why is that so? I don't know if SpiderGuy2552 is a Moderator or not, but if he is (he seems to represent the authority in his posts) then there's an example of bias in Moderators' words. I'm a genuine posting member who's just started posting, why accuse me of being a spammer? Like Manish Soni, even I've only started posting because I'm concerned about the health of the forum! Different rules for different people good sirs?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sammyk
Member


Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Posts: 2719
Location: Austin, TX

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeh wrote:


Excellent point, Manish.

@ Mods and senior members, like it or not, and whether you think "the show must go on" with or without karatecatman, the truth is the show doesn't go on particularly well without him. Hence I say swallow your egos and say sorry to the guy and get him back. I request you to share your PMs if you tink they contain revealing info about karatecatman's behaviour. just as you say members should point out examples of faulty moderation when they complain, we'd also like to see some proof of how karatecatman annoyed the Mods in any way. It's only fair.

And by the way, why isn't Manish Soni being accused of being a 'fake account'? He expressed the same views as I did and gave the same reasons for posting afresh as I did, in less extreme language maybe, but because I've started posting recently only I get called a 'fake account' by that gentleman SpiderGuy2552 or whatever his name is. Why is that so? I don't know if SpiderGuy2552 is a Moderator or not, but if he is (he seems to represent the authority in his posts) then there's an example of bias in Moderators' words. I'm a genuine posting member who's just started posting, why accuse me of being a spammer? Like Manish Soni, even I've only started posting because I'm concerned about the health of the forum! Different rules for different people good sirs?


Are you saying that one man makes the forum? I see that as quite the insult to all the other excellent contributers here.

There will be no sharing of PRIVATE messages.

You were accused because 95% (not calculated) of your posts were on this topic unlike Mr Soni.


Last edited by sammyk on Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
MR
Member


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 35
Location: Mumbai

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am more of a lurker on this site and have enjoyed KCM's posts in the past.

However, I feel that forum rules must be followed and no exceptions should be made for "senior/more active" members, and will assume that the moderators have been fair. Anybody asserting otherwise must provide evidence.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HAWK21M
Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 8120
Location: Mumbai, INDIA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Mentioned before.
Its an Individuals choice to Join/quit & no one should prevent/Invite any member.Its that members choice.

After sms'ng KCM.He did sms back that he would consider joining back,but when he read the forum posts a few days ago,he felt there was a lot of untruth in most posts qouting him & has decided against returning,as per his sms.

Still I hope KCM eturns for the sake of Aviation & so do most members that have moved on.Ultimetly its up to each person.
_________________
Think of the Brighter side !!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nimish
Member


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Posts: 9736
Location: Bangalore, India

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeh wrote:
@ Mods and senior members, like it or not, and whether you think "the show must go on" with or without karatecatman, the truth is the show doesn't go on particularly well without him.


Do I miss KCM's information updates - certainly yes. Do I think the forum is dead without him - heaven no. This is not "bonded labor" - only folks who see the value of this forum will stick on, and no one is obliged to stay on or leave this place. I would encourage all the lurkers to start adding value to this forum, and then shape it to what you want it to be. Become contributors and actually contribute - whether it's news (something KCM is admirable at) or analysis, opinions, photos, TRs etc. Just remember - follow the rules of the forum and this is the place you can shape as you'd like it to be.

Those coming here and only venting without actually contributing - sorry but where's the skin in the game? If you found KCM's posts invaluable (which I did too), where was your participation and encouragement for KCM? Perhaps you could have intervened at the right time and ensured rules were being followed? Food for thought IMHO...
_________________
We miss you Nalini!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
con spirito
Member


Joined: 07 Apr 2007
Posts: 577
Location: Inflight

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nimish wrote:

Do I miss KCM's information updates - certainly yes. Do I think the forum is dead without him - heaven no. This is not "bonded labor" - only folks who see the value of this forum will stick on, and no one is obliged to stay on or leave this place. I would encourage all the lurkers to start adding value to this forum, and then shape it to what you want it to be. Become contributors and actually contribute - whether it's news (something KCM is admirable at) or analysis, opinions, photos, TRs etc. Just remember - follow the rules of the forum and this is the place you can shape as you'd like it to be.

Those coming here and only venting without actually contributing - sorry but where's the skin in the game? If you found KCM's posts invaluable (which I did too), where was your participation and encouragement for KCM? Perhaps you could have intervened at the right time and ensured rules were being followed? Food for thought IMHO...


Well said!! Smile
_________________
India is one of the richest countries in the world.
The only problem is........all the wealth is distributed in the wrong hands.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
TKMCE
Member


Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Posts: 957

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well said!!


Welcome to the next moderator in waiting. Or are you one already???

Rolling Eyes

Yo have all the right attributes!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TKMCE
Member


Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Posts: 957

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@ Mods and senior members, like it or not, and whether you think "the show must go on" with or without karatecatman, the truth is the show doesn't go on particularly well without him. Hence I say swallow your egos and say sorry to the guy and get him back


Sonme dreams can never be realised- Sir!!!! Laughing

On a serious note - there was one senior member here who tried and we all know what support he got!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TKMCE
Member


Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Posts: 957

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You were accused because 95% (not calculated) of your posts were on this topic unlike Mr Soni.


Sir - suggest you dont start accusing without proof! From what HAWK21M has posted, anyway now it is very clear that KCM hardly is so desperate to use proxies to find his way back!!!

Some one asked for an example of immature moderation - well there you have Laughing your answer!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sammyk
Member


Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Posts: 2719
Location: Austin, TX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKMCE wrote:
Quote:
You were accused because 95% (not calculated) of your posts were on this topic unlike Mr Soni.


Sir - suggest you dont start accusing without proof! From what HAWK21M has posted, anyway now it is very clear that KCM hardly is so desperate to use proxies to find his way back!!!

Some one asked for an example of immature moderation - well there you have Laughing your answer!!!


Excuse me? I made no such accusation. That was someone else. I only provided the reasoning behind the other persons accusation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
con spirito
Member


Joined: 07 Apr 2007
Posts: 577
Location: Inflight

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKMCE wrote:


Welcome to the next moderator in waiting. Or are you one already???

Rolling Eyes

Yo have all the right attributes!!!!


Whatever you think sir! I just extended my support towards the mods as I thought whatever they did during the incident was normal.
_________________
India is one of the richest countries in the world.
The only problem is........all the wealth is distributed in the wrong hands.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Nimish
Member


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Posts: 9736
Location: Bangalore, India

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKMCE wrote:
On a serious note - there was one senior member here who tried and we all know what support he got!!!


I'm curious as to whom you are referring to?
_________________
We miss you Nalini!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HAWK21M
Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 8120
Location: Mumbai, INDIA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you folks feel that we are now drifting away from the topic that now seems exhausted & ending up fault finding on other issues.
Shouldn't this thread be locked up now.
_________________
Think of the Brighter side !!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sammyk
Member


Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Posts: 2719
Location: Austin, TX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mel, at this point I don't think this thread has a topic. It's just a place for people to vent without clogging up other threads. I think this thread should stay open. If anyone wants to get anything off their chest they can do so here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
AirIndia0001
Member


Joined: 28 Sep 2007
Posts: 391

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, like most members here, am saddened by KCM's decision but will respect it and try to move on Sad
Though this forum is not dead, but post this incident, it is likely to see a decline in viewership and participation may also take a dip (something, I hope not). Here, I admit, I too am making fewer visits than before.

Another segment of posters whom I miss here are the folks with apparent soft corners for AI and IC. Not because of my liking for AI, but more so because their participation helped balance both sides of the debate and helped me understand both sides of the story. Most of them felt disgusted (at instances of threads being hijacked for bad-mouthing AI) and left citing that this forum has turned into an AI-bashers delight.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TKMCE
Member


Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Posts: 957

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Excuse me? I made no such accusation. That was someone else. I only provided the reasoning behind the other persons accusation.




And the "someone else" is also one of your "comrade-in-arms" here- right??

Well I rest my case!!!

Adios Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sammyk
Member


Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Posts: 2719
Location: Austin, TX

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKMCE wrote:
Quote:
Excuse me? I made no such accusation. That was someone else. I only provided the reasoning behind the other persons accusation.




And the "someone else" is also one of your "comrade-in-arms" here- right??

Well I rest my case!!!

Adios Laughing


Well Spiderguy252 can think for himself. Perhaps he knew something that he did not share publicly. Doesn't mean I have to feel the same way about something, I never thought Jeh was an alter ego and believe me, I am all about calling out alter egos as was done back in the day with another member.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airliners-India Forum Index -> Site Related All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com