Joined: 15 Dec 2006
|Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:25 pm Post subject: Usage policies/guidelines for this Forum
|Below are the rules and guidelines regarding the discussion forums. These rules might seem strict, they are nevertheless necessary in order to make your visit to Airliners-India.net as enjoyable and stress-free as possible. With over 100 users, we have reached a point where tremendous diversity, differences in age, education, location and others are all factors to consider when participating in our forums. We'd like to promote a clean, healthy and respectful environment where members are not afraid to ask questions or engage in friendly discussions.
You will have to read, understand and comply with the following rules before you can become a member of Airliners-India.net. Violating these rules may result in the suspension of your posting privileges. The length of this suspension will be decided by the forum moderators and will depend on the severity of the broken rule(s). Users that have been suspended on multiple occasions may be permanently banned.
Like any regulatory system, revisions and changes may be made and new rules added as necessary. Whenever this happens, a notice will be posted in the site related forum.
Airliners-India.net will not and cannot review every message posted, and is furthermore not responsible for the content of any of these messages. If you believe a post or thread violates a rule, please bring this to our attention by contacting any of the appointed forum moderators. It would also be helpful if you indicated which rules you believe were broken. Full anonymity will be given to a person reporting a broken rule.
In no particular order, here are the rules:
1. Please respect each other and choose your words wisely. Each user has their own point of view, and these views must be respected. If you have a problem with another user or if you dislike a thread or post and are able to show that it violates a rule, please e-mail the forum moderators about the issue.
1.1. Please word all criticism, whether of another user's opinion, a photograph, crew member, a political topic, etc., in a constructive manner. Criticism which serves no purpose other than to flame or insult will be deleted and your account possibly suspended.
1.2. Please leave “attitude” and/or undue sarcasm out of posts. We want this to be an open and fair and clean forum, not a place to vent your frustrations
2. As this is an international website, messages should be written in English. An occasional "Hello" or "How are you?" in Hindi or any other language is however permitted.
3. Do not post a message on how you find a topic or user irrelevant, boring, childish or stupid.
4. Do not provoke other users or incite trouble.
4.1. Should a user antagonize, slander or intimidate you, DO NOT retaliate. Bring this to our attention by suggesting the offending post for deletion.
4.2. Should you wish to carry on off-topic conversations or overly heated arguments, please use instant messaging or the email contact form.
5. Do not re-ignite inflammatory threads by creating new threads on the same topic.
6. Do not post slanderous or defamatory statements. These include, but are not limited to, false or malicious statements injurious to a person's reputation, job, family or private life.
7. You agree that you will not use this discussion forum to post any statement which is knowingly false, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, graphic, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy or otherwise in violation of any law.
8. If you have something to say, please do so; however be sure to mention your sources, perhaps with an HTML link or reference to a publication. If you are merely providing an opinion, please MENTION THIS in your post. We would like to avoid arguments based on rumors or misinformation.
9. Please respect crew members. It is a thankless job that we do, and cleaning up after others is not an amusing task. Please remember that forum moderators cannot be everywhere at all times. You may email the moderators on an issue or start a thread in the SITE RELATED forum.
9.1. Please be advised that abusive or obnoxious emails or posts will be ignored or deleted and your account may be suspended.
10. Copyrighted material from other websites, newspapers, magazines and journals are not allowed to be posted. You are permitted to post a summary of an article or a long quote (but not the full article) and a link to the full story. Violations of this policy will result in the deletion of your post or thread.
11. You are responsible for the security of your password. Excuses for unauthorized posts such as "someone has discovered my password" or "I left my PC with it still logged on to a.net and someone used it" will not be accepted.
12. Your Airliners-India.net membership is private. It is for you only and you may not share your username and password with anyone else.
13. We reserve the right to cancel your membership and forum username if you violate the rules or cause harm in any way to Airliners-India.net.
14. If we have something to tell you regarding these forums or if any of your posts has been deleted, you will receive notification by email. Please ensure that your user profile contains your most current email address. Should your user profile contain an invalid email address, your account will be suspended until you contact us with a valid one.
15. Do not post advertisements for web pages, chain letters, pyramid schemes, virus warnings or other solicitations, regardless of whether you believe they are aviation related or of vital value to humanity; this includes signatures! You may however post a link to a website that is of high relevance to a certain discussion, but be aware: if it looks anything like an ad then it will be deleted.
16. This forum is not for commercial activity. Commercial activity of any kind is not allowed and any posts or threads dealing with this will be deleted.
16.1 Commercial activity includes any kind of soliciting for or on behalf of any organization, be it a For-Profit commercial organization, Non-Profit organization or NGO, Political organization etc. This extends to soliciting for support, membership, funds and any other type of soliciting. The only exception may be for aviation related organizations - say "Air travellers Association" or "Air Pilots association" or similar, to the extent that the mention is in a larger context and is not the main theme of the post/thread.
17. Please post in the correct forum. There are currently twelve forums, please familiarize yourself with their descriptions and guidelines in order to decide in which forum your thread belongs. Do not be offended if a moderator decides that your thread is more suitable to another forum and moves it there.
18. Never post the same topic in more than one forum.
18.1. Always check past topics to be sure that the topic you are about to start hasn't already been posted. You can do this with a simple forum search using the relevant keywords. If your topic has already been posted and you'd like to add to the discussion, please do so under the existing topic.
18.2. PLEASE do not start a new topic UNLESS the prior one has been LOCKED. For example, the subject "What is the Safest Commercial aircraft?" has been discussed many times. A simple search will most likely answer your questions.
19. Do not 'bump' threads back to the top to elicit a response. Where this occurs the thread will be deleted.
20. Please use the most relevant and descriptive heading for your topics. The topic of your thread should therefore be as detailed as possible. Examples of unacceptable topics include, but are not limited to:
* "READ THIS"
* "This is cool"
* "Breaking news!!"
* "David Neely"
* "Please help!"
* "Why did this happen?"
Use a topic like "A380 first flight next Sunday" instead of "A380", a topic like "Why did SR111 go down?" instead of "Why did this happen?" and so on.
21. If you'd like to send a personal message to another user, including the forum moderators, do not post it in the forums. Please use the email contact form provided in their profile.
21.1. Any abuse of the messaging or contact forms features may result in suspension.
22. Please spend some time to make your posts interesting and easy to understand. Messages of agreement such as "me too" or "I agree with X" have been found to waste time and are therefore to be avoided. A message consisting of only one or two lines of text is probably not worth posting.
23. Only real or actual events may be posted in the civil aviation forum. Humor and other parody belong in the non-aviation forum.
24. You may only register one username. Please think carefully before choosing your username as it cannot be changed in the future. You do have the ability however to change any or all of the personal information contained in your user profile.
25. If your post or thread has been deleted, please do not view this as a personal attack against you by the forum moderators. If you believe there was an error, please send us an email in order to bring it to our attention.
26. If you've been suspended, then you are not permitted to post via another member. If it is found that this rule has been breached, you may have your suspension extended or be permanently banned. In addition, whoever posted on your behalf may also face suspension.
27. The forum moderators reserve the right to delete any post containing bad grammar, spelling errors or any post that we find difficult to understand. Please use an external spelling checking service if you are unsure of the right spelling.
27.1. Swear words are acceptable ONLY when used in context and when it can be considered "motivated" i.e. to emphasise a point. It is not acceptable to use them gratuitously.
28. Media files may be embedded in posts as long as their "autoplay" parameter has been set to "false". Media files which automatically play upon loading have been found to be disruptive.
29. We reserve the right to delete, without explanation and entirely at our discretion, any post, thread or user for any or no reason.
30. Posts containing information on how to carry out an illegal act will be deleted.
31. The messages in this discussion forum express the views of their author and not necessarily that of Airliners-india.net or any associated entity. You remain solely responsible for everything you post, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Airliners-india.net and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).
31.1. We reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.
31.2. Your IP address is logged and we reserve the right to track you using this information in the case of any pressing concern.
32. One liner "me-too" type of replies are not allowed
33. Replies/discussions are not allowed for posts made in the “My message board” part of this site.
34. Members are encouraged to use the quote feature so their posts can be in the context of the previous comment/question. However members must edit the quoted text to remove all unnecessary portions from the previous quote. Images must also be removed from the quote.
If we have something to tell you regarding this forum, your messages, this website or your membership, we reserve the right to send an email to your email address.