Airliners-India Forum Index Airliners-India
Flickr Group & Facebook
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jet Airways News -- Part 15
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airliners-India Forum Index -> Civil Aviation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
747-237
Member


Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 10207
Location: Gordon Gekko's Boardroom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jet Airways discontinues Delhi – Muscat route in Dec 2018

Jet Airways in December 2018 is discontinuing service on Delhi – Muscat route, currently scheduled until 04DEC18 (DEL departure). The airline currently operates this route with Boeing 737-800 aircraft, 4 times a week.

This route was not mentioned in last week’s report, which the airline is discontinuing selected routes to the Middle East, as the airline adjusts its network.

9W598 DEL2315 – 0130+1MCT 73H x567
9W597 MCT0230 – 0655DEL 73H x167


Source: Airlineroute.net
_________________
10000 posts (and counting) on Airliners-India.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iah87
Member


Joined: 17 Apr 2007
Posts: 2364

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

747-237 wrote:
Jet Airways discontinues Delhi – Muscat route in Dec 2018

Jet Airways in December 2018 is discontinuing service on Delhi – Muscat route, currently scheduled until 04DEC18 (DEL departure). The airline currently operates this route with Boeing 737-800 aircraft, 4 times a week.

This route was not mentioned in last week’s report, which the airline is discontinuing selected routes to the Middle East, as the airline adjusts its network.

9W598 DEL2315 – 0130+1MCT 73H x567
9W597 MCT0230 – 0655DEL 73H x167


Source: Airlineroute.net


When you are cutting back a nearby nice and easy middle east route, it means it is the beginning of the end unless they can find a suitor. Indigo will expand on this and many other ME routes and will eliminate Jet all together from DEL.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GF1011
Member


Joined: 02 Jan 2015
Posts: 81

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was only flying 4 weekly, perhaps the route wasn't as lucrative (as we might imagine it to be) to begin with.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justbala
Member


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 1838
Location: Bangalore

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jet withdraws lounge access for Platinum/Gold members flying in Economy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The_Goat
Member


Joined: 03 Mar 2007
Posts: 3090
Location: South of France

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justbala wrote:
Jet withdraws lounge access for Platinum/Gold members flying in Economy.


When you have disaster biting you at the heels, conventional wisdom would dictate that you try not to piss your most valuable customers off. Even a vada-pao wala in chinchpokli would tell you that. Instead Jet's clueless millionaire managers go ahead and cut the privileges of their Platinum/Gold members, ensuring that they will give them a heave ho the next time they fly.

Enough NG, for the love of God, sell the damned thing to the Tatas and go your way!
_________________
I don't know which is the more pampered bunch : AI's widebodies (the aunties) or Jet's widebodies (the planes).
-Jasepl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justbala
Member


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 1838
Location: Bangalore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Goat wrote:
justbala wrote:
Jet withdraws lounge access for Platinum/Gold members flying in Economy.


When you have disaster biting you at the heels, conventional wisdom would dictate that you try not to piss your most valuable customers off. Even a vada-pao wala in chinchpokli would tell you that. Instead Jet's clueless millionaire managers go ahead and cut the privileges of their Platinum/Gold members, ensuring that they will give them a heave ho the next time they fly.

Enough NG, for the love of God, sell the damned thing to the Tatas and go your way!


Exactly. One of the few things that Jet still has, which competition doesnt is the army of frequent of fliers. They are trying everything within their power to piss them off.

Ironically u get much better benefits from being a 9W FF while flying EY than while flying 9W itself.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vt-bom
Member


Joined: 26 May 2007
Posts: 10
Location: DXB

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would any of you know why Jet stopped Max on Bom-Dxb route? Airlineroute had indicated that the Max will be deployed on several international routes including Kathmandu, Singapore and Dubai. None of the flights appear to be operated by the Max and all the 5 Max aircraft appear to be operating on Domestic routes only?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iah87
Member


Joined: 17 Apr 2007
Posts: 2364

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vt-bom wrote:
Would any of you know why Jet stopped Max on Bom-Dxb route? Airlineroute had indicated that the Max will be deployed on several international routes including Kathmandu, Singapore and Dubai. None of the flights appear to be operated by the Max and all the 5 Max aircraft appear to be operating on Domestic routes only?


They moved a bunch of max to domestic routes, for example most if not all flights on BOM-HYD sector is now max, but they cut one frequency and maintained the total seats, perhaps to utilize that slot for another flight. Not sure why they would not take advantage of max on a key BOM-DXB route.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
747-237
Member


Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 10207
Location: Gordon Gekko's Boardroom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/india-business/jet-airways-to-opt-out-of-seven-gulf-routes-will-cancel-40-flights-a-week/articleshow/66913391.cms

Jet Airways to opt out of seven gulf routes, will cancel 40 flights a week

Dec 3, 2018

Jet Airways will cancel about 40 flights a week on seven Gulf routes from Wednesday as it struggles to raise funds and stay afloat. The airline will cut flights to Doha, Muscat, Abu Dhabi and Dubai from various Indian cities, including Doha-Kochi; Abu Dhabi-Lucknow; Abu Dhabi-Mangalore; Mangalore-Dubai and Delhi-Muscat.

A Jet Airways spokesperson said airline “has undertaken a comprehensive review of its network, whereby it will move capacity from uneconomical routes to more profitable ones, to more closely align the capacity offered with the demand characteristics of specific markets. As part of this strategy, Gulf operations are being optimised to focus on connectivity at our hubs in Mumbai and Delhi instead of point-to-point connectivity. Concentrating capacity over Jet Airways’ hubs will enhance frequencies to offer greater choice to guests, while improving our asset utilisation and resource productivity.”

“The airline will launch its first daily direct service effective December 1 from Pune to Singapore and host enhanced frequencies on Delhi to Bangkok, Doha, Singapore, Kathmandu and Mumbai to Doha, Singapore and Dubai during the winter schedule,” he added.

The airline says pulling out of some Gulf routes will not affect its scale of operations. “We also acknowledge the interim inconvenience the above changes may cause to the travel itineraries of our guests. We would like to reassure them that we will take all measures, including proactive communication and re-accommodations, to minimise such inconvenience,” the spokesperson said.

_________________
10000 posts (and counting) on Airliners-India.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
747-237
Member


Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 10207
Location: Gordon Gekko's Boardroom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/business/jet-airways-adds-fare-options-for-domestic-economy-class-tickets-restricts-complimentary-meals-3246461.html

Jet Airways adds fare options for domestic Economy class tickets; restricts complimentary meals

Dec 03, 2018

In another effort to cut costs, Jet Airways has introduced two more fare categories under its Economy class -- Saver and Classic -- for domestic flights.

Complimentary meals will now be restricted to those opting for the existing 'Flex' category in Economy and for all fare categories in Première.

"On flights within India, all features and benefits, including complimentary meals, will continue for the Economy fare option 'Flex' and for all fare options in Première. All features and benefits under First Class, Première and Economy offerings remain unchanged on international flights," the airline said in a statement.

Passengers on other Economy seats can buy food and beverages from JetBistro, the on-board menu. The ready-to-eat menu will be available from January 7.

"In addition to the 'Light' and 'Deal' categories introduced earlier, Jet Airways will offer two more categories under Economy travel – Saver and Classic," Jet Airways said.

"Effective December 21, 2018, guests travelling in Economy and booking 'Light'/'Deal/Saver/Classic' fares for travel from January 07, 2019, on flights within India will have the opportunity to buy meals from our specially curated on-board menu," it said.

The steps are part of the bigger turnaround plan that the airline initiated last year to save up to Rs 2,000 crore over the next two years.

_________________
10000 posts (and counting) on Airliners-India.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justbala
Member


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 1838
Location: Bangalore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

747-237 wrote:
https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/business/jet-airways-adds-fare-options-for-domestic-economy-class-tickets-restricts-complimentary-meals-3246461.html

Jet Airways adds fare options for domestic Economy class tickets; restricts complimentary meals

Dec 03, 2018

In another effort to cut costs, Jet Airways has introduced two more fare categories under its Economy class -- Saver and Classic -- for domestic flights.

Complimentary meals will now be restricted to those opting for the existing 'Flex' category in Economy and for all fare categories in Première.

"On flights within India, all features and benefits, including complimentary meals, will continue for the Economy fare option 'Flex' and for all fare options in Première. All features and benefits under First Class, Première and Economy offerings remain unchanged on international flights," the airline said in a statement.

Passengers on other Economy seats can buy food and beverages from JetBistro, the on-board menu. The ready-to-eat menu will be available from January 7.

"In addition to the 'Light' and 'Deal' categories introduced earlier, Jet Airways will offer two more categories under Economy travel – Saver and Classic," Jet Airways said.

"Effective December 21, 2018, guests travelling in Economy and booking 'Light'/'Deal/Saver/Classic' fares for travel from January 07, 2019, on flights within India will have the opportunity to buy meals from our specially curated on-board menu," it said.

The steps are part of the bigger turnaround plan that the airline initiated last year to save up to Rs 2,000 crore over the next two years.


Jet Konnect all over again. Mad Mad Mad Sad to see my favorite airline spiralling out of control.

Wish there was a credible alternative. Based out of BLR, UK is not of much help. Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iah87
Member


Joined: 17 Apr 2007
Posts: 2364

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

747-237 wrote:
https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/business/jet-airways-adds-fare-options-for-domestic-economy-class-tickets-restricts-complimentary-meals-3246461.html

Jet Airways adds fare options for domestic Economy class tickets; restricts complimentary meals

Dec 03, 2018

In another effort to cut costs, Jet Airways has introduced two more fare categories under its Economy class -- Saver and Classic -- for domestic flights.

Complimentary meals will now be restricted to those opting for the existing 'Flex' category in Economy and for all fare categories in Première.

"On flights within India, all features and benefits, including complimentary meals, will continue for the Economy fare option 'Flex' and for all fare options in Première. All features and benefits under First Class, Première and Economy offerings remain unchanged on international flights," the airline said in a statement.

Passengers on other Economy seats can buy food and beverages from JetBistro, the on-board menu. The ready-to-eat menu will be available from January 7.

"In addition to the 'Light' and 'Deal' categories introduced earlier, Jet Airways will offer two more categories under Economy travel – Saver and Classic," Jet Airways said.

"Effective December 21, 2018, guests travelling in Economy and booking 'Light'/'Deal/Saver/Classic' fares for travel from January 07, 2019, on flights within India will have the opportunity to buy meals from our specially curated on-board menu," it said.

The steps are part of the bigger turnaround plan that the airline initiated last year to save up to Rs 2,000 crore over the next two years.


Good move from Jet regarding meals. No need to serve complimentary on domestic routes for all fare classes. The opportunity to buy food is a good choice which I am sure many will buy on some of the longer domestic routes. Hope AI takes note and goes in this direction, this will reduce taxpayer funds for the airline.

However they want to focus on routes from hubs BOM and DEL, but still introduce a flight from Pune to Singapore, which is from a non-focus city. The fact that they are cutting routes to Gulf including Abu Dhabi shows most of these routes are low yielding and appears that not many are connecting at Abu Dhabi either on Etihad.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jeh
Member


Joined: 06 Apr 2010
Posts: 668
Location: Delhi, India

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iah87 wrote:
747-237 wrote:
https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/business/jet-airways-adds-fare-options-for-domestic-economy-class-tickets-restricts-complimentary-meals-3246461.html

Jet Airways adds fare options for domestic Economy class tickets; restricts complimentary meals

Dec 03, 2018

In another effort to cut costs, Jet Airways has introduced two more fare categories under its Economy class -- Saver and Classic -- for domestic flights.

Complimentary meals will now be restricted to those opting for the existing 'Flex' category in Economy and for all fare categories in Première.

"On flights within India, all features and benefits, including complimentary meals, will continue for the Economy fare option 'Flex' and for all fare options in Première. All features and benefits under First Class, Première and Economy offerings remain unchanged on international flights," the airline said in a statement.

Passengers on other Economy seats can buy food and beverages from JetBistro, the on-board menu. The ready-to-eat menu will be available from January 7.

"In addition to the 'Light' and 'Deal' categories introduced earlier, Jet Airways will offer two more categories under Economy travel – Saver and Classic," Jet Airways said.

"Effective December 21, 2018, guests travelling in Economy and booking 'Light'/'Deal/Saver/Classic' fares for travel from January 07, 2019, on flights within India will have the opportunity to buy meals from our specially curated on-board menu," it said.

The steps are part of the bigger turnaround plan that the airline initiated last year to save up to Rs 2,000 crore over the next two years.


Good move from Jet regarding meals. No need to serve complimentary on domestic routes for all fare classes. The opportunity to buy food is a good choice which I am sure many will buy on some of the longer domestic routes. Hope AI takes note and goes in this direction, this will reduce taxpayer funds for the airline.

However they want to focus on routes from hubs BOM and DEL, but still introduce a flight from Pune to Singapore, which is from a non-focus city. The fact that they are cutting routes to Gulf including Abu Dhabi shows most of these routes are low yielding and appears that not many are connecting at Abu Dhabi either on Etihad.


But then why would you book Jet instead of Indigo or Spicejet?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iah87
Member


Joined: 17 Apr 2007
Posts: 2364

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeh wrote:
[
But then why would you book Jet instead of Indigo or Spicejet?


Jet has lost market share even when they are providing meals. So in India it appears passengers are only focussing on price and timings. Some corporate passengers have meals included special fares on Indigo and Spicejet through exclusive arrangements.

The only ones who prefer booking on Jet over Indigo or Spicejet are frequent flyer members and international connecting passengers, all others who are booking Jet are solely looking at price or the timing. This will not change. If meals were the main reason, then AI, Jet and Vistara would be doing very well, not sure about Vistara but AI and Jet's market share has been continuously shrinking.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaysit
Member


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 4337

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They need to offer one class of Economy service in India which offers no meals. You eat what you buy on domestic flights. The End. That's how it's done everywhere nowadays.

What I love about Indigo is its sheer simplicity, professionalism, and aesthetic which it also brings to its range of inflight dining options for purchase. They provide good value, and unlike the rubbish one pays for in the US, you feel like you've paid for a good product.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Caliguy
Member


Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Posts: 692
Location: Los Angeles

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaysit wrote:
They need to offer one class of Economy service in India which offers no meals. You eat what you buy on domestic flights. The End. That's how it's done everywhere nowadays.

What I love about Indigo is its sheer simplicity, professionalism, and aesthetic which it also brings to its range of inflight dining options for purchase. They provide good value, and unlike the rubbish one pays for in the US, you feel like you've paid for a good product.


Agreed and just give top tier fliers the ability to buy a sandwich or what ever (like AA does). I do think having a fare with extra legroom and a meal is ok (for business travelers). But I hear you on simplicity. Btw I took SpiceJet between BOM and Goa and was surprised how many people bought food on a one hour (or tower long) flight it was.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justbala
Member


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 1838
Location: Bangalore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jet cancel COK-SHJ and TRV-DMM

With this there would be no international ops out of TRV for 9W
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
747-237
Member


Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 10207
Location: Gordon Gekko's Boardroom

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jet Airways discontinues 2 Middle East service in Feb 2019

Jet Airways in February 2019 is discontinuing 2 routes to the Middle East, as the airline schedules last flight on 09FEB19 (India departure).
List of discontinued routes in February 2019 and corresponding schedule as follow.

Kochi – Sharjah 1 daily
9W562 COK2125 – 0005+1SHJ 73H D
9W561 SHJ0105 – 0625COK 73H D

Thiruvananthapuram – Dammam 1 daily
9W566 TRV2010 – 2255DMM 73H D
9W565 DMM0040 – 0755TRV 73H D


Source: Airlineroute.net
_________________
10000 posts (and counting) on Airliners-India.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justbala
Member


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 1838
Location: Bangalore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jet shutting down multiple stations - IXM, VTZ, IXS, AJL, JRH, IMF.

https://www.business-standard.com/article/companies/jet-airways-suspends-flight-services-to-ne-south-india-to-trim-losses-118120501088_1.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
747-237
Member


Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 10207
Location: Gordon Gekko's Boardroom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.apnnews.com/jet-airways-announces-codeshare-with-flynas/

Jet Airways Announces Codeshare with Flynas

December 10, 2018

Jet Airways, India’s premier full service, international airline, and ‘flynas’, Saudi Arabia’s first budget airline, have entered into an extensive codeshare partnership to enhance connectivity between India and Saudi Arabia.

As part of the agreement, Jet Airways will place its marketing code ‘9W’ on flynas flights between the gateway cities of Dammam, Jeddah and Riyadh, thus providing its guests travelling from India the ability to travel in to Saudi Arabia via one point and depart from another. Jet Airways will also be placing its code via Dammam, Jeddah and Riyadh to the Saudi Arabian cities of Medina which is the holiest city in Islam, as well as port city of Gizan, the agriculturally rich city of Gassim, the unofficial summer capital city of Taif and the popular tourist destination Abha, thus extending our reach into Saudi Arabia.

In turn, flynas will be able to offer its guests access in to India by placing its marketing code ‘XY’ on Jet Airways’ international flights connecting Jeddah to Mumbai, Riyadh to Mumbai and Delhi as well as Dammam to Mumbai and Delhi. In addition to these international routes, flynas will also place its marketing code on certain destinations on the Jet Airways domestic network, via Mumbai to Delhi, Kochi, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, and Lucknow as well as via Delhi to Bengaluru, Lucknow, Chennai, and Kochi.

_________________
10000 posts (and counting) on Airliners-India.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justbala
Member


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 1838
Location: Bangalore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it technically possible to have an airline that works purely on codeshare basis?! Without having any flights of their own?

747-237 wrote:
https://www.apnnews.com/jet-airways-announces-codeshare-with-flynas/

Jet Airways Announces Codeshare with Flynas

December 10, 2018

Jet Airways, India’s premier full service, international airline, and ‘flynas’, Saudi Arabia’s first budget airline, have entered into an extensive codeshare partnership to enhance connectivity between India and Saudi Arabia.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
747-237
Member


Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 10207
Location: Gordon Gekko's Boardroom

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jet Airways / flynas begins codeshare service from Dec 2018

Jet Airways and flynas this week is launching reciprocal codeshare partnership, covering service between Saudi Arabia and India, as well as selected domestic routes.
Approximately from 10DEC18, planned codeshare routes include the following.


flynas operated by Jet Airways
Delhi – Bangalore
Delhi – Chennai
Delhi – Dammam
Delhi – Kochi
Delhi – Lucknow
Delhi – Mumbai
Delhi – Riyadh
Mumbai – Bangalore
Mumbai – Chennai
Mumbai – Dammam
Mumbai – Hyderabad
Mumbai – Jeddah
Mumbai – Kochi
Mumbai – Lucknow
Mumbai – Riyadh

Jet Airways operated by flynas
Dammam – Abha
Dammam – Gassim
Dammam – Jeddah
Dammam – Jizan
Dammam – Madinah
Dammam – Riyadh
Dammam – Taif
Jeddah – Abha
Jeddah – Gassim
Jeddah – Jizan
Jeddah – Madinah
Jeddah – Riyadh
Riyadh – Abha
Riyadh – Jizan
Riyadh – Madinah
Riyadh – Taif


Source: Airlineroute.net
_________________
10000 posts (and counting) on Airliners-India.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PlaneLover
Member


Joined: 03 Aug 2007
Posts: 275

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject: What will happen to Jet Airways next? Reply with quote

Will Etihad increase their stake in Jet?
Will Tatas buy them out? I hope Jet gets absorbed into Vistara.
The combined airline will become a formidable force.
What do you all think?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iah87
Member


Joined: 17 Apr 2007
Posts: 2364

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering the financial trouble that Jet is in, merging with Vistara would be good idea if Tata has an interest in acquiring Jet. But Tatas will not be interested unless they get complete control and Goyal leaving Jet. Will Goyal part with Jet and may be just retain Jet Lite (which on paper is still a separate airline).

The combined airline will be a force may be in international, but not much in domestic as Indigo and to some extent Spice Jet continue to dominate.

Very little chance of Etihad increasing their stake as EY itself is in trouble.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Caliguy
Member


Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Posts: 692
Location: Los Angeles

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: What will happen to Jet Airways next? Reply with quote

PlaneLover wrote:
Will Etihad increase their stake in Jet?
Will Tatas buy them out? I hope Jet gets absorbed into Vistara.
The combined airline will become a formidable force.
What do you all think?


It is so strange - we hear Jet is literally running out of cash - yet Jet continues and no deal with either EY or Tatas is announced. I wonder if the Tatas even feel that Jet was serious about selling (or was this a ruse to just get EY to pony up). Btw I don't think EY is still trying to force Jet to push tons of traffic to AUH - that strategy didn't work well. If EY really wants ROI on their Jet investment, they need to allow them to grow (and the DL/AF partnership is a big driver of that growth). If Jet doesn't fly key International routes nonstop, others will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The_Goat
Member


Joined: 03 Mar 2007
Posts: 3090
Location: South of France

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: What will happen to Jet Airways next? Reply with quote

PlaneLover wrote:
Will Etihad increase their stake in Jet?
Will Tatas buy them out? I hope Jet gets absorbed into Vistara.
The combined airline will become a formidable force.
What do you all think?


If the Tatas acquire Jet, it will be Vistara that will get absorbed into Jet and not the other way around.

The Tatas will make Jet their flagship airline. It has been around longer and has a much higher brand value than Vistara.
_________________
I don't know which is the more pampered bunch : AI's widebodies (the aunties) or Jet's widebodies (the planes).
-Jasepl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sumantra
Member


Joined: 28 Oct 2007
Posts: 4649
Location: New Delhi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justbala wrote:
Jet shutting down multiple stations - IXM, VTZ, IXS, AJL, JRH, IMF.
IXS is a slight surprise, given that the station shows relatively decent yields. And SHL is a goldmine, which AI are currently minting money on.
Cheers, Sumantra.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
747-237
Member


Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 10207
Location: Gordon Gekko's Boardroom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jet Airways adds 737 MAX 8 Singapore service from Feb 2019

18 December 2018

Jet Airways from February 2019 is adjusting operational aircraft on Delhi – Singapore route, as the airline schedules the new Boeing 737 MAX 8 aircraft on this route.
The 737 MAX 8 will operate this route from 10FEB19, on 2 of 3 daily flights, replacing 737-800.

9W020 DEL0100 – 0925SIN 7M8 D
9W018 DEL0920 – 1800SIN 7M8 D
9W016 DEL1135 – 2000SIN 73H x1
9W016 DEL1135 – 2015SIN 73H 1

9W019 SIN1115 – 1505DEL 7M8 D
9W015 SIN1415 – 1805DEL 73H D
9W017 SIN1940 – 2320DEL 7M8 D


Source: Airlineroute.net
_________________
10000 posts (and counting) on Airliners-India.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Caliguy
Member


Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Posts: 692
Location: Los Angeles

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

747-237 wrote:
Jet Airways adds 737 MAX 8 Singapore service from Feb 2019

18 December 2018

Jet Airways from February 2019 is adjusting operational aircraft on Delhi – Singapore route, as the airline schedules the new Boeing 737 MAX 8 aircraft on this route.
The 737 MAX 8 will operate this route from 10FEB19, on 2 of 3 daily flights, replacing 737-800.

9W020 DEL0100 – 0925SIN 7M8 D
9W018 DEL0920 – 1800SIN 7M8 D
9W016 DEL1135 – 2000SIN 73H x1
9W016 DEL1135 – 2015SIN 73H 1

9W019 SIN1115 – 1505DEL 7M8 D
9W015 SIN1415 – 1805DEL 73H D
9W017 SIN1940 – 2320DEL 7M8 D


Source: Airlineroute.net


Boy so no IFE on the 737 Max flights to SIN. Is that competitive? Before you bring up wifi entertainment - that sucks and is only good for short hops.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
747-237
Member


Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 10207
Location: Gordon Gekko's Boardroom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.business-standard.com/article/companies/jet-to-return-8-boeing-737-aircraft-to-lessors-following-cash-crunch-118121901251_1.html

Jet to return 8 Boeing 737 aircraft to lessors following cash crunch

Dec 20, 2018

Jet Airways is returning eight Boeing 737 aircraft to its lessors and delaying induction of new planes following a cash crunch. The airline has already cut down its network to trim losses. Jet has 123 aircraft in its fleet that has ATR, Airbus and Boeing variants.

Around 10 planes are grounded because of want of spares and maintenance. Several of its lessors have served default notices as the airline has been unable to pay lease rents on time.

Jet has worked out a settlement with GE Capital Aviation Services (GECAS) and will return the eight 737s in the next few months before the lease period expires.

_________________
10000 posts (and counting) on Airliners-India.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
747-237
Member


Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 10207
Location: Gordon Gekko's Boardroom

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.livemint.com/Companies/NCbRL5WlrYeEaXQle82XeO/Boeing-says-delivering-planes-to-Jet-Airways-as-per-plans.html

Boeing says deliveries for Jet Airways on schedule

Dec 21 2018

Boeing Co. will continue to deliver aircraft as planned to Jet Airways (India) Ltd despite the Indian carrier’s financial troubles, a top Boeing executive said. “As far as we are concerned, the airplanes that we are building right now for Jet Airways are already sold to a lessor who will take the delivery. What will happen next only the lessor or Jet can answer,” said Dinesh Keskar, senior vice president of sales, Asia-Pacific and India, at Boeing Commercial Airplanes Inc.

In July, the Naresh Goyal-led Jet Airways placed an order for 75 Boeing 737 Max aircraft. This was in addition to an order for 75 of the same aircraft that Jet Airways had placed in 2015.

Jet Airways’s financial performance does not impact Boeing as the former follows a sale and lease back (SLB) model, said Keskar.

“That (787 plane orders) continues to stand on our order book. There is certainly no cancellation from Jet airways,” Keskar said. Jet is a valued customer, and Boeing hopes to continue delivering airplanes to it, he said.

_________________
10000 posts (and counting) on Airliners-India.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theflyingsikh
Member


Joined: 08 May 2010
Posts: 546
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:53 am    Post subject: 9W removes meals from Domestic Economy reward tickets Reply with quote

Just booked a domestic redemption ticket PAT-DEL in Economy (X class). No option to select meal. Manage my booking only shows "buy on board"
_________________
Aerosexual...!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justbala
Member


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 1838
Location: Bangalore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: 9W removes meals from Domestic Economy reward tickets Reply with quote

theflyingsikh wrote:
Just booked a domestic redemption ticket PAT-DEL in Economy (X class). No option to select meal. Manage my booking only shows "buy on board"



Only full fare Y tickets get u a free meal on 9W now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
747-237
Member


Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 10207
Location: Gordon Gekko's Boardroom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.firstpost.com/business/lessors-to-troubled-jet-airways-consider-taking-back-planes-carrier-says-working-on-turnaround-strategy-5878511.html

Lessors to troubled Jet Airways consider taking back planes; carrier says working on turnaround strategy

Jan 11, 2019

Crisis talks between India’s cash-strapped Jet Airways and aircraft lessors have failed to ease a row over late payments, prompting some lessors to explore taking back aircraft, three people familiar with the matter told Reuters.

In what one of the people described as an ill-tempered showdown between the airline and some of the world’s leading leasing firms, Jet’s main lender State Bank of India (SBI) sought to provide reassurance that India’s biggest full-service carrier is doing all it can to pay its staff, suppliers and creditors.

“Jet has been delinquent for many months. Nobody wants to get in a situation where the problems worsen and it becomes even more difficult to take out aircraft,” one of the people said.

Some lessors have engaged with lawyers, are working with their technical teams about repossession and are monitoring the planes, but the situation could be complicated by a new bankruptcy law that allows up to 270 days where no action is permitted against the debtor or its assets, the person said.

Lessors such as GE Capital Aviation Services (GECAS), SMBC Aviation Capital and Jackson Square are looking into stopping the transfer of Boeing Co 737 MAX jets that had been due for delivery to Jet, the person said.

A second person said deliveries of 737 MAX jets from lessors had been behind schedule since November.

Avolon, DAE Aerospace, BOC Aviation Ltd and Aircastle Ltd also attended the meetings along with GECAS and SMBC, one of the people said, declining to specify which are considering reclaiming planes.

Jet Airways, in a statement on Friday, said the airline is working on its turnaround strategy and updating its partners, in real time, on efforts taken to improve its liquidity.

_________________
10000 posts (and counting) on Airliners-India.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Caliguy
Member


Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Posts: 692
Location: Los Angeles

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: 9W removes meals from Domestic Economy reward tickets Reply with quote

justbala wrote:
theflyingsikh wrote:
Just booked a domestic redemption ticket PAT-DEL in Economy (X class). No option to select meal. Manage my booking only shows "buy on board"



Only full fare Y tickets get u a free meal on 9W now.


I actually think this makes a lot of sense. That said, Jet needs to stop thinking like a FSC for these things and more like a LCC. They should offer a Y fare (usually called business) that includes premium seat selection, a meal and early boarding. Many companies allow the purchase of this because their employees would reimburse for the meal anyway. Also I think Jet should give free meals to their top tier FF members (who probably fly F anyway).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justbala
Member


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 1838
Location: Bangalore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: 9W removes meals from Domestic Economy reward tickets Reply with quote

Caliguy wrote:
justbala wrote:
theflyingsikh wrote:
Just booked a domestic redemption ticket PAT-DEL in Economy (X class). No option to select meal. Manage my booking only shows "buy on board"



Only full fare Y tickets get u a free meal on 9W now.


I actually think this makes a lot of sense. That said, Jet needs to stop thinking like a FSC for these things and more like a LCC. They should offer a Y fare (usually called business) that includes premium seat selection, a meal and early boarding. Many companies allow the purchase of this because their employees would reimburse for the meal anyway. Also I think Jet should give free meals to their top tier FF members (who probably fly F anyway).


"who probably fly F anyway" - invalid assumption. Many frequent fliers who fly on corporate work in India actually fly Y (unless u are a top honcho).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Caliguy
Member


Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Posts: 692
Location: Los Angeles

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 9W removes meals from Domestic Economy reward tickets Reply with quote

justbala wrote:
Caliguy wrote:
justbala wrote:
theflyingsikh wrote:
Just booked a domestic redemption ticket PAT-DEL in Economy (X class). No option to select meal. Manage my booking only shows "buy on board"



Only full fare Y tickets get u a free meal on 9W now.


I actually think this makes a lot of sense. That said, Jet needs to stop thinking like a FSC for these things and more like a LCC. They should offer a Y fare (usually called business) that includes premium seat selection, a meal and early boarding. Many companies allow the purchase of this because their employees would reimburse for the meal anyway. Also I think Jet should give free meals to their top tier FF members (who probably fly F anyway).


"who probably fly F anyway" - invalid assumption. Many frequent fliers who fly on corporate work in India actually fly Y (unless u are a top honcho).


If you have the data fair enough. I just felt it would be super hard to hit Jet’s top tier in their FF program without getting the bonus status points oif flying J domestically (given India is relatively small). But hey if you feel most of their top FF can achieve that by flying Y domestically, great.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justbala
Member


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 1838
Location: Bangalore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 9W removes meals from Domestic Economy reward tickets Reply with quote

Caliguy wrote:
justbala wrote:
Caliguy wrote:
justbala wrote:
theflyingsikh wrote:
Just booked a domestic redemption ticket PAT-DEL in Economy (X class). No option to select meal. Manage my booking only shows "buy on board"



Only full fare Y tickets get u a free meal on 9W now.


I actually think this makes a lot of sense. That said, Jet needs to stop thinking like a FSC for these things and more like a LCC. They should offer a Y fare (usually called business) that includes premium seat selection, a meal and early boarding. Many companies allow the purchase of this because their employees would reimburse for the meal anyway. Also I think Jet should give free meals to their top tier FF members (who probably fly F anyway).


"who probably fly F anyway" - invalid assumption. Many frequent fliers who fly on corporate work in India actually fly Y (unless u are a top honcho).


If you have the data fair enough. I just felt it would be super hard to hit Jet’s top tier in their FF program without getting the bonus status points oif flying J domestically (given India is relatively small). But hey if you feel most of their top FF can achieve that by flying Y domestically, great.


You get tier upgrade based on number of flights flown or miles.Most of us hv upgrades thru the former. I hv been platinum for many years. My company has a Y class travel policy. Most Indian companies have that. Flying J is not common for corporate travel in India.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
747-237
Member


Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 10207
Location: Gordon Gekko's Boardroom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-01-14/jet-airways-jumps-on-report-founder-goyal-is-giving-up-control

Etihad Reaches Deal for Rescue of India's Jet Air, Reports Say

January 14, 2019

Etihad Airways PJSC has agreed to lead a rescue of cash-strapped Jet Airways India Ltd. in a move that will see the Abu Dhabi-based carrier double its stake to 49 percent, according to television reports.

Etihad is in talks to lift its holding from the current 24 percent, India’s BTVI channel reported Monday, citing unidentified people familiar with the matter.

CNBC-TV18 said that Jet founder Naresh Goyal’s stake could drop to 20 percent from 51 percent, and that he’ll stand down as chairman.

_________________
10000 posts (and counting) on Airliners-India.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
747-237
Member


Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 10207
Location: Gordon Gekko's Boardroom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.business-standard.com/article/companies/jet-airways-18-aircraft-held-back-in-singapore-over-unpaid-dues-119011400017_1.html

Jet Airways' 18 aircraft engines held back in Singapore over unpaid dues

January 14, 2019

As many as 18 CFM56 engines belonging to Jet Airways have been held back by a maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) unit in Singapore over unpaid dues. The engines power Boeing 737 aircraft and are stuck at ST Engineering’s MRO for months. The latter is demanding $125-150 million (Rs 880-1,060 crore) in dues be cleared before these are released, industry sources said.

_________________
10000 posts (and counting) on Airliners-India.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airliners-India Forum Index -> Civil Aviation All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com