Airliners-India Forum Index Airliners-India
Flickr Group & Facebook
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jet Airways News -- Part 15
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airliners-India Forum Index -> Civil Aviation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
747-237
Member


Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 9623
Location: Gordon Gekko's Boardroom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.cnbctv18.com/aviation/jet-airways-stops-free-meal-service-for-economy-light-and-economy-deal-flyers-858061.htm

Jet Airways stops free meal service for 'economy light' and 'economy deal' flyers

Sep 19, 2018

Jet Airways has eliminated complimentary meals option for passengers, who choose to fly in 'economy light' and 'economy deal' within India after September 25.

Flyers, however, can buy their meals on-board from the airline's menu. The customers will be served beverages - including tea and coffee - for free, Jet Airways said in a statement.

Till date, the meal bill was included in the ticket fare for all the flyers, making the meals complimentary during the flight.

But following the exclusion of free meal from September 25, the air tickets for the two categories - 'economy light' and 'economy deal' will be cheaper than the other categories.

The flight+meal option for domestic flights will remain for 'economy saver', 'economy classic' and 'economy flex' and for all fare options in Premiere. On international flights, all features and benefits under First Class, Premiθre and Economy remain unchanged.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iah87
Member


Joined: 17 Apr 2007
Posts: 2295

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is time that AI also follows this. Cut out meals for all except full fare or non discounted economy fliers for all domestic flights under 3 hours and introduce buy on board.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
747-237
Member


Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 9623
Location: Gordon Gekko's Boardroom

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jet Airways has added a new 737-8MAX to the fleet today, as VT-JXE.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
747-237
Member


Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 9623
Location: Gordon Gekko's Boardroom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jet Airways / Malaysia Airlines expands codeshare network from late-Sep 2018

Jet Airways and Malaysia Airlines in late-September 2018 expanded codeshare partnership, covering service domestic routes within India, as well as service between Malaysia and India via South East Asia.

Approximately effective from 27SEP18 (or earlier), planned new codeshare routes include the following.

Jet Airways operated by Malaysia Airlines
Kuala Lumpur – Bangkok
Kuala Lumpur – Hong Kong
Kuala Lumpur – Singapore

Malaysia Airlines operated by Jet Airways
Hyderabad – Bangalore
Mumbai – Ahmedabad
Mumbai – Aurangabad
Mumbai – Bangalore
Mumbai – Bangkok
Mumbai – Chennai
Mumbai – Delhi
Mumbai – Goa
Mumbai – Hong Kong
Mumbai – Hyderabad
Mumbai – Jaipur
Mumbai – Kochi
Mumbai – Kolkata
Mumbai – Singapore


Source: Airlineroute.net
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iah87
Member


Joined: 17 Apr 2007
Posts: 2295

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

747-237 wrote:
Jet Airways / Malaysia Airlines expands codeshare network from late-Sep 2018

Jet Airways and Malaysia Airlines in late-September 2018 expanded codeshare partnership, covering service domestic routes within India, as well as service between Malaysia and India via South East Asia.

Approximately effective from 27SEP18 (or earlier), planned new codeshare routes include the following.

Jet Airways operated by Malaysia Airlines
Kuala Lumpur – Bangkok
Kuala Lumpur – Hong Kong
Kuala Lumpur – Singapore

Malaysia Airlines operated by Jet Airways
Hyderabad – Bangalore
Mumbai – Ahmedabad
Mumbai – Aurangabad
Mumbai – Bangalore
Mumbai – Bangkok
Mumbai – Chennai
Mumbai – Delhi
Mumbai – Goa
Mumbai – Hong Kong
Mumbai – Hyderabad
Mumbai – Jaipur
Mumbai – Kochi
Mumbai – Kolkata
Mumbai – Singapore


Source: Airlineroute.net


While Indigo is introducing flights to KUL from DEL and BLR, Jet is still doing code shares. When will Jet fly to KUL, it has much better chance Indigo to succeed as it runs more of a hub and spoke operation in addition to code shares in the KUL end. Best bet is to fly from BOM or MAA to KUL.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justbala
Member


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 1810
Location: Bangalore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Jet in talks with TK over leasing out its aircrafts again?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
747-237
Member


Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 9623
Location: Gordon Gekko's Boardroom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justbala wrote:
Is Jet in talks with TK over leasing out its aircrafts again?


Oman Air.


747-237 wrote:
https://www.financialexpress.com/industry/jet-airways-in-talks-to-lease-a330s-boeing-737s-to-oman-air/1310251/

Jet Airways in talks to lease A330s, Boeing 737s to Oman Air

September 12, 2018

Jet Airways is in talks with Muscat-based Oman Air to wet-lease three of its widebody aircraft, the A330s, and few of its narrowbody Boeing 737s, sources in the know of the discussions told FE. The number of the Boeing737 aircraft to be leased, however, could not be ascertained. Nearly 150 of Jet’s cabin crew have already been interviewed for the same.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justbala
Member


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 1810
Location: Bangalore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

747-237 wrote:
justbala wrote:
Is Jet in talks with TK over leasing out its aircrafts again?


Oman Air.


747-237 wrote:
https://www.financialexpress.com/industry/jet-airways-in-talks-to-lease-a330s-boeing-737s-to-oman-air/1310251/

Jet Airways in talks to lease A330s, Boeing 737s to Oman Air

September 12, 2018

Jet Airways is in talks with Muscat-based Oman Air to wet-lease three of its widebody aircraft, the A330s, and few of its narrowbody Boeing 737s, sources in the know of the discussions told FE. The number of the Boeing737 aircraft to be leased, however, could not be ascertained. Nearly 150 of Jet’s cabin crew have already been interviewed for the same.


Oman Air is done deal. I believe there is a new move by 9W with leasing out to TK.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
747-237
Member


Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 9623
Location: Gordon Gekko's Boardroom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justbala wrote:

Oman Air is done deal. I believe there is a new move by 9W with leasing out to TK.


Okay, good to know - Jet Leasing is starting up again ! Smile
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sumantra
Member


Joined: 28 Oct 2007
Posts: 4575
Location: New Delhi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iah87 wrote:
While Indigo is introducing flights to KUL from DEL and BLR, Jet is still doing code shares. When will Jet fly to KUL, it has much better chance Indigo to succeed as it runs more of a hub and spoke operation in addition to code shares in the KUL end. Best bet is to fly from BOM or MAA to KUL.
The India-Malaysia market is LCC-dominated, and most of the FSC market has already been long cornered by MH. No Indian FSC will stand much of a chance in this cut-throat competition, having entered late.
Cheers, Sumantra.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justbala
Member


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 1810
Location: Bangalore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why has 9W exited out of the Kerala-MCT sectors? From 9W staff I understood these were making good money.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justbala
Member


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 1810
Location: Bangalore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jet Digitizes Upgrade Vouchers and Introduces Self Service Upgrade Process

Quote:
We have always endeavoured to offer simple and convenient solutions to enhance your experience when availing JetPrivilege programme features and benefits. To empower and enable you to better manage one of the key programme benefits viz. cabin upgrades, effective 12th October 2018, we will be introducing an enhanced experience for availing upgrades against your JPMiles or Cabin Upgrade Vouchers.
What are we enhancing?
Upgrade vouchers
Physical upgrade vouchers will be digitised and directly credited to your JetPrivilegeaccount under the ‘My JP Wallet’ section onjetprivilege.com, jetairways.com and Jet Airways mobile app

Availing upgrades
Do-It-Yourself - You can
now conveniently &
seamlessly upgrade using
your JPMiles / Upgrade
vouchers online any time
before you travel in
addition to an upgrade
through the JetPrivilege
Contact Centre and at
Airport counters
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
747-237
Member


Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 9623
Location: Gordon Gekko's Boardroom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.dnaindia.com/business/report-jet-airways-grounds-three-planes-to-curtail-cash-burn-2675404

Jet Airways grounds three planes to curtail cash burn

Oct 15, 2018

An industry source, who spoke to DNA Money on condition of anonymity, said, "Three A330s have been grounded: one in Chennai, one in Abu Dhabi and one in an undisclosed location in Europe. Hence six routes have been reduced. The aircraft could have been grounded for reducing capacity, and not routes".
The source told DNA Money the grounding of the aircraft could have been done to prune capacity by merging flights with negative operating margin on a route to cut costs, and thereby reduce losses.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
747-237
Member


Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 9623
Location: Gordon Gekko's Boardroom

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.cnbctv18.com/aviation/tata-group-wants-complete-control-of-jet-airways-rejects-part-ownership-report-1138121.htm

Tata group wants complete control of Jet Airways, rejects part-ownership: report

Oct 19, 2018

Tata Group rejected the initial proposal of part-ownership and joint control of crisis-hit Jet Airways as it wants complete control and the promoter Goyal family to exit the aviation company, The Economic Times reported.

The airline, according to the paper, has offered the Tatas 26 percent and some board-level positions, including vice-chairmanship. “The Tatas are interested in buying out the entire airline and significantly scaling up the existing business,” sources told the paper.

People familiar with the matter told the paper that Tata Group has made it clear to the representatives of the airline that it is interested in either an outright purchase of the entire company or all its assets such as aircraft and other infrastructure.

Tata, however, said it is not interested in the deal if Goyals, who have 51 percent stake in Jet, continue to retain significant control. Sources told the paper that if the talks with Jet bear fruit, the Tata will revamp its existing aviation ventures and align everything with Jet.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Aseem
Member


Joined: 15 Dec 2006
Posts: 2789
Location: YYZ

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are we seeing Jet, Vistara and Air Asia consolidating?

VT-ASJ
_________________
[url=http://openflights.org/user/aseemsjohri]
[/url]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Caliguy
Member


Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Posts: 640
Location: Los Angeles

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

747-237 wrote:
https://www.cnbctv18.com/aviation/tata-group-wants-complete-control-of-jet-airways-rejects-part-ownership-report-1138121.htm

Tata group wants complete control of Jet Airways, rejects part-ownership: report

Oct 19, 2018

Tata Group rejected the initial proposal of part-ownership and joint control of crisis-hit Jet Airways as it wants complete control and the promoter Goyal family to exit the aviation company, The Economic Times reported.

The airline, according to the paper, has offered the Tatas 26 percent and some board-level positions, including vice-chairmanship. “The Tatas are interested in buying out the entire airline and significantly scaling up the existing business,” sources told the paper.

People familiar with the matter told the paper that Tata Group has made it clear to the representatives of the airline that it is interested in either an outright purchase of the entire company or all its assets such as aircraft and other infrastructure.

Tata, however, said it is not interested in the deal if Goyals, who have 51 percent stake in Jet, continue to retain significant control. Sources told the paper that if the talks with Jet bear fruit, the Tata will revamp its existing aviation ventures and align everything with Jet.


Let's see. I think the Tatas are totally right in wanting control. The Goyals can either fully exit or maintain a small stake and MAYBE one board seat. But I think it is time for the Goyals to GO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
747-237
Member


Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 9623
Location: Gordon Gekko's Boardroom

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.business-standard.com/article/companies/jet-airways-curtails-flights-to-save-cash-20-30-cancellations-daily-118101900968_1.html

Jet Airways curtails flights to save cash, 20-30 cancellations daily

Oct 20, 2018

Jet Airways is curtailing its daily operations to reduce cash burn. The airline is reducing domestic flights in the winter schedule beginning October end and has already begun cancelling flights.

Atleast 20-30 departures are being cancelled daily from metros and key airports including Ahmedabad, Bengaluru and Hyderabad. Aviation analysts point out grounding of planes and poor seat loads as probable reasons for the cancellations.

Thirteen of its planes including ATRs, Boeing 737s, Airbus A330s and Boeing 777 are on the ground. Jet Airways said that the planes are under maintenance. “As a part of the airline's routine operations the fleet including Boeing 737, Boeing 777, A330 and ATR aircraft are undergoing scheduled maintenance including C-checks,” the airline said.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
747-237
Member


Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 9623
Location: Gordon Gekko's Boardroom

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.livemint.com/Companies/m7dUCyoUUqV1NWuy4Fo4MO/Jet-Airways-sets-jet-sale-leaseback-plan-in-motion-to-raise.html

Jet Airways sets jet sale, leaseback plan in motion to raise $800 mn

Oct 20 2018

Jet Airways is in talks to raise as much as $800 million from the sale and leaseback (SLB) of 16 aircraft owned by the airline, according to a person close to the development.

The cash-strapped airline has 124 aircraft in its fleet, including 16 that it owns—10 Boeing 777, three Airbus A 330 and three Boeing 737. The rest are on lease.

The airline, owned by Naresh Goyal, is in talks with several parties for sale and leaseback of the 16 aircraft it owns and hopes to complete the process soon, said the person mentioned above, who didn’t want to be identified.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sumantra
Member


Joined: 28 Oct 2007
Posts: 4575
Location: New Delhi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

747-237 wrote:
https://www.business-standard.com/article/companies/jet-airways-curtails-flights-to-save-cash-20-30-cancellations-daily-118101900968_1.html
[i]Jet Airways curtails flights to save cash, 20-30 cancellations daily
For those who haven't noticed, our Ameya Joshi has been quoted in this article.
Cheers, Sumantra.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Airliners-India Forum Index -> Civil Aviation All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com